Guidelines for the Kentucky United Soccer Club Scholarship / Financial Aid Program
The Kentucky United Soccer Club Scholarship / Financial Aid Program shall be administered by the Kentucky United Soccer Club Scholarship / Financial Aid Committee. The Scholarship / Financial Aid Committee shall: 1) be responsible for screening and interviewing applicants; 2) grant scholarships; and 3) present a written report of granted scholarships to the Executive Directors.
The Scholarship/ Financial Aid Committee shall consist of three (3) members of the Advisory Board and shall be chaired by the Executive Directors. All information and discussion by this committee shall be held in the strictest of confidence. Disclosure of a family’s financial information by any member of the committee will result in that member being removed from the committee and their child/children may be removed from the Club.
Awards will be credited to the applicant’s Kentucky United Soccer Club player fees. The amount of the aid per player will be determined by the committee each soccer season. (Financial aid is award in two levels: Partial Aid - $100 off and Full Aid - $200 off)
Applications must be submitted for each season without regard for whether or not a family received prior assistance.
• The scholarship / financial aid program will be based strictly on a financial need basis as determined by a guardian’s most recent tax return and other pertinent information as provided by the applicant.
• Kentucky United Soccer Club has the right to refuse financial assistance to any applicant, or rescind scholarship / financial aid for any recipient who does not remain in Good Standing.
• The program is available to both boys and girls and all ages.
• There is no limit to the number of children in a particular family that may receive scholarship / financial aid.
• Recipients must remain in good standing with Kentucky United Soccer Club inclusive of responsibilities associated with the Kentucky United Soccer Club Code of Conduct, Team Assessment fees, and prompt regular attendance to training and games.
• Volunteer hours are required to assist the club for tournaments, events, field and facility operations and other miscellaneous tasks. Players 13 and older are allowed to assist in fulfilling the volunteer responsibilities of the family if the task is appropriate for the player’s age. Scholarship / Financial Aid will be credited to the player’s record upon monthly receipt of the Verification of Volunteer Hours.
• Families will be responsible for paying any Kentucky United Soccer Club player fees, uniform costs, or any club/team expenses not covered by the scholarship / financial aid award.
• Due to the limited scholarship / financial aid funds budgeted we suggest that families apply as early as possible, before the close of registration.
To request an application for Scholarship / Financial Aid, please email one of our Executive Directors listed below:
Garrett Stark: email@example.com
George Brown: firstname.lastname@example.org