Juvenile Hockey is back!
Over the past few months, the Hamilton Minor Hockey Council has been working with the City of Hamilton, the Minor Hockey Alliance of Ontario, and the Ontario Hockey Federation to find a way that Juvenile hockey can be offered during these trying times.
Below is the information relating to running Juvenile, subject to approval by the local Health Unit and our governing body, the Alliance. This plan is based on the province staying in Stage 3 and will require volunteer support.
Most importantly, we need to ascertain the number of players wishing to play.
- The season will begin November 1 and end March 14 (the start of March Break).
- There will be a 2 week break at Christmas.
- Teams will play games on a scheduled evening(s) throughout the week and on weekends.
- Due to the virus, there will be limited ice available. We will be doing our best to make the times and location(s) convenient for as many as possible.
- Based on the limits to the number of players that can be on the ice and our governing bodies’ rules, we will be playing a modified 4 on 4 game. View the format by clicking here.
- To provide this program, we will need the support of volunteers more than ever before.
- If you have not yet registered, and want to play, please do so as soon as possible. The cut-off date for registration is October 15. Given the constraints we are under, we will not be unable to accept any players after that date.
- Cost is $500. A payment option is available with $300 paid when you register and the balance due on October 15. Payment is by credit card only.
- Follow this link to secure your spot now.
Looking forward to seeing you on the ice soon!