- 7/8th Grade Tryouts will be held in Feb 2019
- Registration Opens up for the 2019 in February
- Volleyball for 4th - 8th Grade Girls
- Mandatory Parent Meeting will be in February
Barron Youth Volleyball 4th - 8th Grade
* * * * * * * * *
Registration closed for 2019 season.
Please make sure you also filled out the
WIVL Medical/Concussion Waiver online.
(Info for Registration Period below)
Deadline is FEBRUARY 22nd for final registrations
due to league requirements.
SAVE TIME BY REGISTERING PRIOR TO THE MEETING!
Credit Card accepted online payment
or hand in payment at Parent meeting.
* * * * *
7/8th grade mandatory tryouts are held February 1st, 3:30-6pm at RVMS.
All players and a parent mandatory meeting is
Tuesday, February 19th
5:30 pm in the Riverview Commons
Please contact Brooke Schauf for any further questions.
Once payment is made, jerseys will be handed out that evening.
Please make effort to be at this meeting.
* * * * *
Save time by signing up prior to Mandatory Parent Meeting:
1) Sign up online. All registrations will be online here. Registration window is Feb 1st - 22nd.
2) Pay online by Credit Card or bring payment to Mandatory Parent Meeting. Credit Card payment is not accepted at meeting.
3) Read and Sign WIVL/GNBL Medical and Concussion Waiver - THIS IS ALSO ONLINE! Follow this link!
4) Mandatory Volunteer Check for $50 must be separate from registration payment. BRING TO MEETING.
5) Come excited for a new season! Jerseys are handed out at meeting.
7th and 8th Grade Tryouts for 2019
Riverview Middle School
Friday, February 1, 2019
3:30 - 6:00 pm
Teams will be decided that night.
Athletes will be informed of the team made individually and confidentially.
* * * * *
4-6th grade will not have tryouts. Teams will be decided pending number of players and at the coaches discretion.
Please review Volleyball Club Handbook and Expectations for this upcoming season.
This will be part of the agreement that you will find in the registration form when completed. If you have further questions regarding below, please feel free to speak to Brooke Schauf (715-541-1927) or David Smith (715-418-1903)
- There will be at least one tournament which we will be hosting. It is a requirement that you help during one tournament. If you choose not to help at a tournament, you will be assessed an additional $50 fee in order for your daughter to participate in future league play/practices. Money from admissions and concessions sales at these tournaments is what allows our volleyball program to exist. With everyone's help, your required time commitment for these tournaments will consist of only one day throughout the season.
- If problems should arise throughout the season, please take them directly to your child's coach with intent of peaceful resolution. If a peaceful agreement/understanding cannot be reached, then contact the club president. It's easy to complain, but it's more important to support a program that supports our kids...even if you don't agree with every decision that is made.
- Any grievance by a parent should be brought to the attention of the following "Chain of Command."
- Child talks with coach
- Child and parent meet with coach & a board member
- Board President
- Board of Directors
- City Recreation Director
- City of Barron Recreation Council
- Playing time is not a subject that is up for discussion; playing time is at the coach's discretion. The game of volleyball does not have equal playing time due to the nature of the game.
- In the 4th-6th grades, your daughter should see some playing time. Attending practices and attitude are factored in and can affect playing time; coaches can make these decisions at any level. Playing time at the 7th & 8th grade level is competitive; there is no guarantee of playing time.
- If a matter is not handled following these steps, your daughter will be immediately suspended from play until the matter is reconciled. This will involve you as a parent and your athlete meeting with the coach and the volleyball board at a time that is convenient for the coach. Our coaches are volunteers, and they are valuable to us - let's appreciate them and not critique them in the stands. Anyone can be a critic. Please be a positive, supportive parent.
- Attend tournaments with the intent of supporting our girls and coaches in a positive manner; represent our community with class and good sportsmanship. Our girls are always watching us...
Check out the Fan Shop link!
Proceeds go back to the Barron Youth Volleyball!
Have a great season! GO GOLDEN GIRLS!
|WIVL/GNBL Waiver/Concussion Form - REQUIRED - MUST COMPLETE|
|Parent Athlete Concussion Information|
|Volleyball Club Handbook Info|
|7th and 8th Grade Tryouts|
|Wisconsin Independant Volleyball League|
|Visit our Fan Shop|