- BCCYO is accepting new teams into the league.
- Basketball teams are at the modified, junior varsity, and varsity levels.
- Cheerleading teams are at the pee wee and modified level.
Welcome to the home of
Broome County CYO
**WEATHER IMPACT - GAMES on SUNDAY 1/20/19**
All CYO games scheduled for Sunday, January 20, 2019 are cancelled due to Winter Storm Harper. Please be aware of communications from your Coach/Moderator regarding games being rescheduled.
Le Moyne CYO Scholarships
Le Moyne College - C.Y.O. Scholarships
Each year Le Moyne College awards eight $4,000 scholarships ($1,000/year for four years) to prospective Le Moyne students living in the Diocese of Syracuse who have demonstrated Christian values through contributions to their school parish and community.
Community leaders with an interest in youth will designate "C.Y.O. Scholar Nominees" from the applications submitted to each regional chairperson. The names and scholarship application of these C.Y.O. Scholar Nominees will then be forwarded to a Le Moyne College Committee, which awards eight scholarships from the pool of nominees.
1. Applicant must complete the scholarship application listing any involvement in school and parish through which he/she has made a positive contribution and any community activities such as participation in civic organizations and part-time jobs. The committee will also consider any special circumstances relating to personal or family situations.
2. Applicant must submit an essay at least 250 words explaining how his/her involvement in a C.Y.0., youth ministry program or community service activity has influenced his/her outlook on the future and reasons for attending Le Moyne College.
3. Two letters of recommendation must be sent to the regional chairperson. One recommendation must be from a person associated with the applicant's service-related activity (e.g. volunteer coordinator, youth minister). Both recommendations should focus on the applicant's community involvement or service related activities. Recommendations from family members are not acceptable.
4. An official high school transcript must be sent in with Application.
ALL DOCUMENTS TO BE SUBMITTED ELECTRONICALLY TO firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred method)
or mailed to: John M. Paulin, c/o State Farm Insurance, 672 Main St, Johnson City NY 13790
FROM: Tim Linehan, Chairman Gaffney Scholarship
Southern Tier Basketball Officials (STBO) is pleased to sponsor the Thirty Third Annual CARL GAFFNEY Scholarship Awards.
These awards are given in the name of CARL GAFFNEY, former educator, basketball official and long time officer in STBO. Mr. Gaffney has been associated with STBO for 67 years, and has been recognized as a Life Member of the International Association of Approved Basketball Officials (IAABO).
Mr. Gaffney has had profound impact on the success of STBO. To date STBO has awarded $29,000 to High School basketball players in scholarship awards since 1987.
All academically deserving, graduating, senior basketball players are eligible.
An award of $500 to one boy and girl will be announced at the year-end business meeting on March 20, 2019. Please distribute this application to ALL boy and girl players interested in competing for these awards.
Direct all questions to Tim Linehan, Scholarship Chairman – 607 -205-2148 or email@example.com.
WELCOME TO THE NEW FACE OF BCCYO!
On behalf of the 2018-2019 season staff, we welcome you to this site and encourage all Moderators, Coaches, Athletes, Parents and Fans to become active participants in this long standing positive program for our youth.
Deacon Tom Harley, Director - firstname.lastname@example.org
Tara Connelly, Basketball Coordinator - email@example.com all Basketball related inquiries firstname.lastname@example.org
Julie Conroy, Cheerleading Coordinator - email@example.com
for all Cheer related inquiries firstname.lastname@example.org
John Paulin, Marketing Coordinator - email@example.com
for all Website, Sponsorship, or Communications related inquiries firstname.lastname@example.org
Bill Berg/Brian Cartie, Executive Panel - email@example.com
1. To encourage fairness, compassion, honesty and cooperation through recreational activities;
2. To encourage a respect for authority and a respect for the dignity of others;
3. To encourage sportsmanship and self-control in the face of adversity;
4. Principles of fair play and sportsmanship govern all games, practices, and scrimmages;
5. Promote competitiveness with the idea that playing and learning is more important than winning – at all levels.
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
The mission of BCCYO is to provide the highest quality programs to our young people. We are committed to provide these programs based on integrity, fair play and the right of all individuals to participate. We view our responsibility as extending far beyond the mere teaching of athletic skills. Our programs offer the opportunity to develop moral standards in all of our young people.
The administration and staff of BCCYO will do everything in our power to act in the best interest of our participants and our programs. BCCYO has the final authority to make all decisions regarding player eligibility and rules and regulations.
"The Catholic Youth Organization strives to develop values and strength of character in tomorrow’s leaders through spiritually based athletic, cultural and volunteer activities."