40+ YEARS AND GOING STRONG!
The Chautauqua Babe Ruth League has been in existence since 1973 and afforded the opportunity for hundreds of young baseball players to develop skills, sportsmanship, and a love for the world's greatest game, baseball. Currently this league is comprised of players, age 13-15, from Brocton, Westfield, Mayville, Ripley, Sherman, Clymer and Panama. These are all small communities of Western New York.
Link to LATEST Babe Ruth HQ guidelines
- How long can we delay schedule before conflicting with family vacations and football
- What numbers will we have and how many will not play due to health concerns
- Because so many of us use school facilities will we be granted permission for fields or will they be on shutdown until school opens this fall
- How do we maintain some semblance of social distancing with car loads of players traveling to and from games
- If the season is totally scrapped could we have the option of a one day “fun” tournament. I’m thinking if not full teams perhaps four or five players per team with right field foul like when we were kids (or am I really that old); how about home run derby? Is there anyone who doesn’t like wiffle ball?
NOTE FROM BABE RUTH HQ: For All Leagues - Please remember that if you have completed a charter and insurance for the 2020 season that you can do yearly add/drops until July 1st to match your league’s enrollment numbers. For any drop in team counts (and as in years past), the league will receive a credit on charter fees to use for the 2021 season and a refund for insurance (with the exception of one (1) Major team in both charter and insurance).
LINK TO BACKGROUND CHECK & ABUSE PREVENTION TRAINING
YOU CAN ALSO CLICK ON "ABOUT" ON THE TOP MENU AND THEN GO TO "LINKS".