- Please keep the park clean. Throw your trash in the recepticles
- Play Ball!!!
- Yankees Suck!
Crown Heights Softball League
Notes and clarifications:
There are no extra innings during the regular season.
Last minute replacements done at game time.
When an unplanned replacement player is needed at game time due to a last minute missing/late player it will be strictly done as whoever is available and the replacement will only be allowed to play catcher and cannot hit. The replacement will be allowed to catch foul balls, but they cannot cover home plate on plays. Just to clarify, this does not apply to replacement players set up before games. This does not apply to questionable replacements mentioned before the game, as in one manager is told that “a left fielder might not be able to make it which would put me under 10, and if that happens I am going have player X replace him.”
When there is a key injury, replacements will be allowed in specific cases even in the playoffs… those decisions will be made by the commissioner’s office.
To get in touch with a league manager or to be a sponsor, email email@example.com
Important League Information:
1. All games will start precisely on time!(Tue & Thur @ 7:45)
3. A team can start a game with a minimum of 8 players. Less than that will be considered an official forfeit.
4. Due to sponsorship team jerseys must be worn during league games. Replacement uniforms will cost $75.00 + shipping.
8. MOST IMPORTANTLY: ANYTHING YOU BRING TO THE PARK MUST LEAVE WITH YOU! PLEASE HELP US KEEP THE PARK CLEAN AND NEAT. IF YOU SEE ANY TRASH LYING AROUND PLEASE PICK IT UP AND PUT IT IN A BIN. THANK YOU!
1. In Lefferts Park a ball hit over the right field fence before the second tree is a single. Between the second and third is a double, after that is a homer.
2. In Lefferts Park if the ball lands on the roof of the houses or over the School fence across East New York it is a Double.
3. If the ball is a grounds rule single the runner moves up 1 base, if the ball is a grounds rule double the runner moves up 2 bases, and can score from 2nd.
4. If both Commissioners are on the same team then their team can do whatever they please
5. You cannot take a lead of a base until the pitcher has released the ball. If you do you will be called out.
6. Umpire calls are final. There will be no arguing. You can file a grievance with your manager.
7. All games are 7 innings.
8. If a game ends in a tie, after an additional two innings are played or the lights go off, or a tie because the game is suspended do to weather, the tie will be reflected in the standings.
9. In order to keep the flow of the game, between innings a pitcher will have 3 warm-up pitches after which the catcher will throw down to second, by which time all fielders must ready to start.
10. Batters on-deck must be in the on-deck circle (only the on-deck batter) during the current at-bat. All others shall remain inside the dugout.
11. Umpires will decide between an error and a hit if questionable.
12. If a ball is overthrown and lands in the dugout, the runner is awarded the base he is on his way to and the next base.
13. Teams with 10 or more players, Cannot have the services of replacement players.
14. No more than 3 replacement players will be allowed.
WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in the Crown Heights Softball League, related events and activities, agrees that: The risk of injury from the activities involved in this program is significant, including the potential for permanent paralysis and death, and while particular rules, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious injury does exist; By playing in this league I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES or others, and assume full responsibility for my participation.
Thanks, let’s play ball!!!