- Follow us and friend Danbury PAL Softball on Facebook now!!
will be announced soon for the
10U,12U and 16U TRYOUTS
Travel and In-house Softball
- Only uniformed players playing that day, 3 coaches and 3 guests per player will be permitted in the park. If a parent is also a coach that will count as the one parent for the player. Keeping numbers low initially will be paramount. No other spectators will be allowed.
- Stagger time between games to allow teams to come, play and leave before the next block of teams come to the park. Once a team has completed play, they will need to leave the park. There will be no lingering to watch or scout other teams.
- Parents will be socially distanced and restricted from the dugouts, down the baselines and around the outfield. No one will be permitted behind the backstops other than the parent volunteer to run the scoreboard.
- All possible open space should be utilized for warm-up areas so teams can spread out far and wide.
- Individual players may bring food or drink for themselves, but no tailgating or team meals will be permitted. No communal water coolers will be permitted
- No seeds or gum will be permitted as that encourages spitting.
- No pop-up tents larger than 10x10 will be permitted. Only a parent and their own player may share a tent. No team tents will be allowed. Individual chair umbrellas will be allowed as long as 6 feet apart.
- No pre or post game team meetings, or team huddles will be permitted.
- Free substitution will be used, hence no lineup cards.
- Teams on offense will have only 1 coach and the current 4 players in the batting order in the dugout at one time if dugout size permits (30 feet or more). All other players must be outside the dugout socially distanced. Each team will designate one to two parents to monitor and control players outside the dugouts.
- Mound visits by the catcher or manager only will be permitted and all must remain socially distanced
- Team provides own balls and they must be sanitized in-between innings
- Players may only use own gloves, helmets and catcher’s equipment. Bats can be shared but must be wiped down after each use.
- The home plate umpire may call balls and strikes from a position between the pitcher and 2nd base or wearing a mask from behind the plate.
Covid 19 Umpires Changes and Expectations
Latest Update on Current and Virtual PAL Programs:
|Danbury PAL (Hatters Park Complex) Field 1|
|Danbury PAL (Hatters Park Complex) Field 2|
|Danbury PAL (Hatters Park Complex) Field 3|
|Player Equipment Advice|