Welcome to the home of the
Delaware Post 1 Baseball
World Series, Here We Come!
Back to Back State Champions!
Delaware Post 1 defeated the Post 10 Generals by a score of 10-1, winning their 2nd consecutive State Championship, and earning the right to represent Delaware in the 2018 Mid-Atlantic Regionals in Leesburg, VA.
WDEL article and video hi-lights: https://www.wdel.com/sports/video-post-squad-earns-repeat-trip-to-american-legion-mid/article_98ec8262-93c2-11e8-ba8f-a3f1cef32fe3.html
302 Sports youtube (full game): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E14Zkzwsr5Q
The Donald F. Kimsey Most Valuable Player Award:
Nate Thomas, Delaware Post 1
Most Valuable Pitcher Award:
Matt Danz, Delaware Post 1 (2017 Most Valuable Pitcher as well)
2018 Mid-Atlantic Regional Schedule:
2018 North Division trophy presentation:
Photos from the 2018 season thus far
State Championship photos:
Day 3 and Day 4 of State Tournament:
Frederick, Regular Season at Fox, Day 1 and Day 2 of State Tournament:
Back to Back Frederick Wood Bat Tournament Champions!
Delaware Post 1 won the Frederick Wood Bat tournament for the 2nd straight year, going 6-0 and defeating Brooklawn,NJ 6-5 in the championship.
- Friday - Defeated Sykesville, MD 6-5
- Saturday - Defeated Severna Park, MD 11-0
- Saturday - Defeated Columbia, MD 6-0
- Sunday - Defeated Mifflin Co, PA 10-2
- Semifinals - Defeated Cecil, MD 10-5
- Championship - Defeated Brooklawn, NJ 6-5 (8 innings)
Post 1 Takes Back Veterans Cup!
After a 1 year hiatus, Delaware Post 1 took back the Veterans Cup with an 11-0 victory at Frawley Stadium.
New Rules for 2018
American Legion baseball is updating pitch count rules nationwide beginning in 2018:
- A pitcher can throw a max of 105 pitches in a day (down from 120 in 2017)
- 1-30 pitches in game requires 0 days rest
- 31-45 pitches in game requires 1 day rest
- 46-60 pitches in game requires 2 days rest
- 61-80 pitches in game requires 3 days rest
- 81+ pitches in game requires 4 days rest
- Pitchers may only make two appearances in any three consecutive days. Players will be charged with two appearances if they leave the pitching position and return as a pitcher in the same game.
Also new this year:
- All postseason games (State tournament, Regional tournament, and World Series) will be 7 innings starting in 2018.
Good Luck to our current and former players beginning college seasons this month
Chris Ludman - University of Delaware
Matt Danz - Wilmington University
Ryan Bradigan - Wilmington University
Brett Nowell - Wilmington University
Brock Nowell - Florida Atlantic University
Chris Kramedas - Washington College
Dan Mersman - USciences
Dan Murphy - Susquehanna University
Jeff Gillis - Goldey Beacom College
Joe Poma - Eastern University
Joey Cautillo - Wilmington University
Luke Wilhelm - Delaware Tech
Matt Schubert - Delaware Tech
Mike Awtry - University of Delaware
Mike Serafin - Coker College
Mike Sorowice - Cairn University
Oliver Campbell - Dartmouth College
Post 1 ends season in Leesburg, VA
Post 1 ends the 2017 season with a 34-6 record, a state title, a regional berth, and a lot of pride in this season's players and accomplishments.
Thank you to all the new Post 1 alumni. Good luck in college and in the rest of your baseball careers. You are always welcome back in the dugout.
- #2 - Joe Poma (Eastern University baseball)
- #8 - Dave Mongeluzi (University of Delaware)
- #9 - Luke Wilhelm (Delaware Tech baseball)
- #10 - Dan Murphy (Susquehanna University baseball)
- #12 - Matt Schubert (Goldey-Beacom College baseball)
- #13 - Brock Nowell (Florida Atlantic University baseball)
- #14 - Mike Serafin (Coker College baseball)
- #17 - Dan Mersman (University of the Sciences baseball)
- #21 - Sean Gilardi (University of Delaware)
- #24 - Oliver Campbell (Dartmouth College baseball)
Mid-Atlantic Regionals results:
Day 3: Again Post 1 overcame an early 4-0 deficit, but fell to host Leesburg, VA in 11 innings 9-8.
Day 2: Despite overcoming an early 7-0 deficit, Post 1 fell to NJ champion Hopewell Post 339 by a score of 11 - 9.
Day 1: Delaware Post 1 defeated Albemerle Post 74 (VA state champs) 5-2 on Day 1 of the Mid-Atlantic Regionals in Leesburg, VA. Matt Danz threw a complete game shutout, striking out 7. Oliver Campbell had a 2 RBI single. Michael Cautillo had a double and scored 2 runs. Mike Serafin also doubled and scored on a Dave Mongeluzi RBI single.
2017 STATE CHAMPS!!!
Delaware Post 1 won it's first state championship in 17 years on Friday, coming from behind twice to defeat the Post 10 Generals 10-9 at Wilson Field.
Post 1 will advance to the Mid-Atlantic regionals in Purcellville, VA, which begin Wednesday 8/2. Post 1 will be taking on Virginia state champ Albemarle Post 74 Wednesday at 4:00pm at Fireman's Field.
Day 1 - Delaware Post 1 defeated 8th seed RC Dupont 19-4
Day 2 - Delaware Post 1 defeated 5th seed Smyrna 8-0
Day 3 - Delaware Post 1 defeated 2nd seed Fox Post 2 10-4 (article: http://delawarestatenews.net/sports/fox-post-2-falls-post-1-american-legion-state-tournament/)
Day 4 - Delaware Post 1 defeated 4th seed Stahl Post 30 13-3 (photos: https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipP026gMBM9NmMtTt-f8_5Me89grYsGrasDvQoiVF-J7X3d1VxUMe5q34mByXbMp5w?key=dzRNRWxWdXJvT09Ga0tPd2JZZ0ZnemJGU1dCUnJB)
Day 5 (Championship) - Delaware Post 1 defeated 3rd seed Christiana Post 10 10-9
The Donald F. Kimsey Most Valuable Player Award
Oliver Campbell - Tatnall School - DE Post 1
The State Tournament Most Valuable Pitcher Award
Matt Danz - DMA - DE Post 1
North Division Champs trophy presentation: