Welcome to the home of the
Delaware Post 1 Baseball
Welcome to the new baseball season for all Delaware Post 1 Fans and Players
Coaches and players a like are looking forward to another great year. We can not top last year but we can try to duplicate it.
Follow our schedule and we will see you at the ball park.
World Series, Here We Come!
Back to Back State Champions!
Delaware Post 1 defeated the Post 10 Generals by a score of 10-1, winning their 2nd consecutive State Championship, and earning the right to represent Delaware in the 2018 Mid-Atlantic Regionals in Leesburg, VA.
WDEL article and video hi-lights: https://www.wdel.com/sports/video-post-squad-earns-repeat-trip-to-american-legion-mid/article_98ec8262-93c2-11e8-ba8f-a3f1cef32fe3.html
302 Sports youtube (full game): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E14Zkzwsr5Q
The Donald F. Kimsey Most Valuable Player Award:
Nate Thomas, Delaware Post 1
Most Valuable Pitcher Award:
Matt Danz, Delaware Post 1 (2017 Most Valuable Pitcher as well)
2018 Mid-Atlantic Regional Schedule:
2018 North Division trophy presentation:
Photos from the 2018 season thus far
State Championship photos:
Day 3 and Day 4 of State Tournament:
Frederick, Regular Season at Fox, Day 1 and Day 2 of State Tournament:
Back to Back Frederick Wood Bat Tournament Champions!
Delaware Post 1 won the Frederick Wood Bat tournament for the 2nd straight year, going 6-0 and defeating Brooklawn,NJ 6-5 in the championship.
- Friday - Defeated Sykesville, MD 6-5
- Saturday - Defeated Severna Park, MD 11-0
- Saturday - Defeated Columbia, MD 6-0
- Sunday - Defeated Mifflin Co, PA 10-2
- Semifinals - Defeated Cecil, MD 10-5
- Championship - Defeated Brooklawn, NJ 6-5 (8 innings)
Post 1 Takes Back Veterans Cup!
After a 1 year hiatus, Delaware Post 1 took back the Veterans Cup with an 11-0 victory at Frawley Stadium.
New Rules for 2018
American Legion baseball is updating pitch count rules nationwide beginning in 2018:
- A pitcher can throw a max of 105 pitches in a day (down from 120 in 2017)
- 1-30 pitches in game requires 0 days rest
- 31-45 pitches in game requires 1 day rest
- 46-60 pitches in game requires 2 days rest
- 61-80 pitches in game requires 3 days rest
- 81+ pitches in game requires 4 days rest
- Pitchers may only make two appearances in any three consecutive days. Players will be charged with two appearances if they leave the pitching position and return as a pitcher in the same game.
Also new this year:
- All postseason games (State tournament, Regional tournament, and World Series) will be 7 innings starting in 2018.
Good Luck to our current and former players beginning college seasons this month
Chris Ludman - University of Delaware
Matt Danz - Wilmington University
Ryan Bradigan - Wilmington University
Brett Nowell - Wilmington University
Brock Nowell - Florida Atlantic University
Chris Kramedas - Washington College
Dan Mersman - USciences
Dan Murphy - Susquehanna University
Jeff Gillis - Goldey Beacom College
Joe Poma - Eastern University
Joey Cautillo - Wilmington University
Luke Wilhelm - Delaware Tech
Matt Schubert - Delaware Tech
Mike Awtry - University of Delaware
Mike Serafin - Coker College
Mike Sorowice - Cairn University
Oliver Campbell - Dartmouth College
Post 1 ends season in Leesburg, VA
Post 1 ends the 2017 season with a 34-6 record, a state title, a regional berth, and a lot of pride in this season's players and accomplishments.
Thank you to all the new Post 1 alumni. Good luck in college and in the rest of your baseball careers. You are always welcome back in the dugout.
- #2 - Joe Poma (Eastern University baseball)
- #8 - Dave Mongeluzi (University of Delaware)
- #9 - Luke Wilhelm (Delaware Tech baseball)
- #10 - Dan Murphy (Susquehanna University baseball)
- #12 - Matt Schubert (Goldey-Beacom College baseball)
- #13 - Brock Nowell (Florida Atlantic University baseball)
- #14 - Mike Serafin (Coker College baseball)
- #17 - Dan Mersman (University of the Sciences baseball)
- #21 - Sean Gilardi (University of Delaware)
- #24 - Oliver Campbell (Dartmouth College baseball)
Mid-Atlantic Regionals results:
Day 3: Again Post 1 overcame an early 4-0 deficit, but fell to host Leesburg, VA in 11 innings 9-8.
Day 2: Despite overcoming an early 7-0 deficit, Post 1 fell to NJ champion Hopewell Post 339 by a score of 11 - 9.
Day 1: Delaware Post 1 defeated Albemerle Post 74 (VA state champs) 5-2 on Day 1 of the Mid-Atlantic Regionals in Leesburg, VA. Matt Danz threw a complete game shutout, striking out 7. Oliver Campbell had a 2 RBI single. Michael Cautillo had a double and scored 2 runs. Mike Serafin also doubled and scored on a Dave Mongeluzi RBI single.
2017 STATE CHAMPS!!!
Delaware Post 1 won it's first state championship in 17 years on Friday, coming from behind twice to defeat the Post 10 Generals 10-9 at Wilson Field.
Post 1 will advance to the Mid-Atlantic regionals in Purcellville, VA, which begin Wednesday 8/2. Post 1 will be taking on Virginia state champ Albemarle Post 74 Wednesday at 4:00pm at Fireman's Field.
Day 1 - Delaware Post 1 defeated 8th seed RC Dupont 19-4
Day 2 - Delaware Post 1 defeated 5th seed Smyrna 8-0
Day 3 - Delaware Post 1 defeated 2nd seed Fox Post 2 10-4 (article: http://delawarestatenews.net/sports/fox-post-2-falls-post-1-american-legion-state-tournament/)
Day 4 - Delaware Post 1 defeated 4th seed Stahl Post 30 13-3 (photos: https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipP026gMBM9NmMtTt-f8_5Me89grYsGrasDvQoiVF-J7X3d1VxUMe5q34mByXbMp5w?key=dzRNRWxWdXJvT09Ga0tPd2JZZ0ZnemJGU1dCUnJB)
Day 5 (Championship) - Delaware Post 1 defeated 3rd seed Christiana Post 10 10-9
The Donald F. Kimsey Most Valuable Player Award
Oliver Campbell - Tatnall School - DE Post 1
The State Tournament Most Valuable Pitcher Award
Matt Danz - DMA - DE Post 1
North Division Champs trophy presentation: