DMHL General Announcements
Our 2019-2020 season is here! House League practice and game schedules are now posted for all divisions and teams. For players interested in our Select Hockey program, the try-out schedule and coaching announcements have also been posted. For more information on other programs, tournaments and news for the DMHL, see our general announcements below.
Some General Announcements Include:
- Rowan's Law - New legislation came in to effect July 1, 2019 regarding Concussion Safety that requires ALL Players, Parents, coaches, match officials and trainers to review the Ontario Ministry’s Concussion Awareness Resources AND sign off on the Rowan’s Law Acknowledgement Form More information can be found in the article on our home page.
- House League Practice & Game Schedules now Available! - **Please note that we are having technical issues with our website, so schedules are posted in each of the "Division" pages to view & download and will be loaded to the "Schedules" page as soon as the issue is rectified**
- DMHL Select Teams - Head Coaches, Try-Out Schedules & general information are now available,Click Here >
- Tournaments - DMHL will be hosting the Christmas House League Tournament December 27-30, 2019 and the Dofasco Select Tournament February 7-9, 2020. See below and tournament pages for more information.
- DMHL Hockey School Program kicks off October 13th. To view the full schedule, Click Here >
- Coaching Clinics and Resources can be found on our Coaches Corner page >
- Goalie Equipment Available - DMHL provides goalie equipment on "loan" for the season for all divisions up to Peewee. See the news article below and how to place your request.
- Juvenile Hockey - The Hamilton Minor Hockey Council (HMHC) and Ancaster Minor Hockey announce their continued partnership of Juvenile hockey. See the information below including a link for how to register.
Rowan's Law (Concussion Safety)
The Dofasco Minor Hockey League has been advised by the Ontario Government that certain aspects of the Rowan’s Law legislation came into effect on July 1, 2019.
Rowan’s Law legislation was passed by the Ontario Government in 2018. This legislation is named in memory of Rowan Stringer who tragically died in 2013 of Second Impact Syndrome, the result of suffering multiple concussions. Rowan’s Law is applicable to 65 sports in Ontario as well as educational institutions.
The legislation requires players, parents, coaches, match officials and trainers to review the Ontario Ministry’s Concussion Awareness Resources AND they must sign off on the Rowan’s Law Acknowledgement Form before they are able to play a game. (Parents & Players – Submit your form to your Head Coach).
There are 3 age variations of the Ontario Ministry’s Concussion Awareness Resources that must be reviewed. For example, if a player participates in an Under 13 league, their parents/guardians would need to review and sign off on the Ontario Ministry’s Concussion Awareness Resources for players aged 11 to 14. If a coach coaches an Under 17 or senior team, they would need to review and sign off on the Ontario Ministry’s Concussion Awareness Resources for players aged 15 and above.
- Rowan's Law - For Players Under 10 Yrs
- Rowan's Law - For Players 11-14 Yrs
- Rowan's Law - For Players 15 +Yrs
The Concussion Awareness Resources also include two Posters.
For all information relating to the implementation of Rowan’s Law, please see below the relevant Ontario Government website links.
DMHL Select Teams 2019-2020 Season
Major Midget (2002-2003) - Head Coach - Craig Paradisi
DMHL Hosted Tournaments 2019-2020 Season
We're pleased to announce that we'll be hosting the following tournaments for the 2019-2020 season.
Christmas House League Tournament
Date: December 27th - 30th, 2019
Open to all House League teams Novice to Midget
For more information, CLICK HERE >
Dofasco Select Tournament
Date: February 7th - 9th, 2020
Open to all Rostered Select teams Novice to Midget
For more information, CLICK HERE >
Goalie Equipment (Loaned from DMHL)
Each year Dofasco Minor Hockey has equipment available to Goalies interested in playing this position for their teams. We have sets available for Tyke, Novice, Atom and a limited amount for Peewee. Tyke equipment is usually given to the coaches at the beginning of the season and each week different players can take their turn playing this position.
How to Inquire:
Please contact Craig Stannix, at email@example.com if you know your son or daughter will require Goalie Equipment this season, and we can make arrangements to get the equipment to you.
There is a $100 Deposit required for any equipment being loaned out. We hold this deposit and it's returned at the end of the 2019-2020 season provided all equipment is returned in good condition.
Juvenile Hockey - Registration Now Open
Hamilton Minor Hockey Council (HMHC) and Ancaster Minor Hockey are proud to announce a continued partnership of Juvenile level hockey.
Note: Dofasco Minor Hockey, Lawfield Minor Hockey, Coronation Minor Hockey, Rosedale Minor Hockey, Mount Hamilton Minor Hockey and Chedoke Minor Hockey are all Members of the Hamilton Minor Hockey Council.
About Juvenile Hockey
Planned are six (6) teams with players from both Associations playing on teams formed through a mixed player draft.
Registration cost is $475 and is open to players born between 1998 and 2001.
Players will be on the ice on Sunday evenings with games starting at either 8pm or 9 pm at Chedoke Arena (West Hamilton Mountain) They will also play on Monday nights at either 9pm or 9:30 pm at Morgan Firestone arena (Ancaster).
To register, CLICK HERE >
For More Information
For questions, or more information, contact Jeff Reynolds at: firstname.lastname@example.org