DMHL General Announcements
Our 2019-2020 season is well underway! House League & Select Teams practice and game schedules are available for all divisions. Information on DMHL hosted tournaments, other programs, and news for the DMHL can be found below and on the specific pages of our website.
- Dofasco Recreation Centre Closures: Call 905-548-7737 for auto-recordings related to closures due to weather.
- Tournaments: DMHL will be hosting the Christmas House League Tournament December 27-30, 2019 and the Dofasco Select Tournament February 7-9, 2020. See below and tournament pages for more information.
- Rowan's Law - New legislation came in to effect July 1, 2019 regarding Concussion Safety that requires ALL Players, Parents, coaches, match officials and trainers to review the Ontario Ministry’s Concussion Awareness Resources AND sign off on the Rowan’s Law Acknowledgement Form More information can be found in the article on our home page.
- U-9 (Formerly Novice)
- U-11 (Formerly Atom)
- U-13 (Formerly Peewee)
- U-15 (Formerly Bantam)
- U-16 (Formerly Minor Midget**)
- U-18 (Formerly Midget)
Rowan's Law (Concussion Safety)
The Dofasco Minor Hockey League has been advised by the Ontario Government that certain aspects of the Rowan’s Law legislation came into effect on July 1, 2019.
Rowan’s Law legislation was passed by the Ontario Government in 2018. This legislation is named in memory of Rowan Stringer who tragically died in 2013 of Second Impact Syndrome, the result of suffering multiple concussions. Rowan’s Law is applicable to 65 sports in Ontario as well as educational institutions.
The legislation requires players, parents, coaches, match officials and trainers to review the Ontario Ministry’s Concussion Awareness Resources AND they must sign off on the Rowan’s Law Acknowledgement Form before they are able to play a game. (Parents & Players – Submit your form to your Head Coach).
There are 3 age variations of the Ontario Ministry’s Concussion Awareness Resources that must be reviewed. For example, if a player participates in an Under 13 league, their parents/guardians would need to review and sign off on the Ontario Ministry’s Concussion Awareness Resources for players aged 11 to 14. If a coach coaches an Under 17 or senior team, they would need to review and sign off on the Ontario Ministry’s Concussion Awareness Resources for players aged 15 and above.
- Rowan's Law - For Players Under 10 Yrs
- Rowan's Law - For Players 11-14 Yrs
- Rowan's Law - For Players 15 +Yrs
The Concussion Awareness Resources also include two Posters.
For all information relating to the implementation of Rowan’s Law, please see below the relevant Ontario Government website links.
|2020-2021 Select Coach Applications|