Talking to Children About COVID-19 (Coronavirus): A Parent Resource
Remain calm and reassuring.
- Children will react to and follow your verbal and nonverbal reactions.
- What you say and do about COVID-19, current prevention efforts, and related events can either increase or decrease your children’s anxiety.
- If true, emphasize to your children that they and your family are fine.
- Remind them that you and the adults at their school are there to keep them safe and healthy.
- Let your children talk about their feelings and help reframe their concerns into the appropriate perspective.
HOMECOMING FESTIVITIES 2019
The Spartan Club will be hosting Homecoming festivities on Saturday, October 12th. The homecoming parade will begin at 12:45 pm leading up to the big game between the Elmont Memorial High school varsity football team and Herricks High School. Tell your friends and family and come out in full force to support our football team.
We're seeking volunteers for this special event as well as food donations. If you're interested in volunteering and/or donating one or more of the food donations listed below, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FOOD DONATIONS NEEDED:
Hamburgers + Buns
Hotdogs + Rolls
Rice & Peas + White Rice
Mac n Cheese
Corn on the cob
Boxes of Chicken for grilled jerk chicken
We thank you in advance and we hope to see you there.
-Elmont Spartan Club
**ALL PROCEEDS BENEFIT STUDENT ACTIVITIES**
OUR ANNUAL FALL BREAKFAST
It's that time of year again, The Annual Spartan Club Fall Breakfast, taking place on September 28, 9am - 12noon and as usual its a community team effort. We are seeking breakfast food donations & volunteers to help make this another successful event for our students.
Food donations needed:
Pancake mix (Complete)
Orange & Juice Apple Juice