MEN'S TOURNAMENT AT YBOR ALVAREZ FIELDS ON OCTOBER 6th
(posted on 9/05/2018 @ 12:20pm)
1st Annual D&H Border Boys Fundraiser for Gatekeepers of Destiny Ministry
October 6th, 2018
Ybor Alvarez Softball Fields in Fernandina Beach
Format: 3-game guarantee or round robin
Pitches: 6' - 10' arc
Bats: ASA or USSSA-approved
Homerun limit: 3 and an out
ASA or Classic M softballs
Team entry fee: $200
Registration deadline: October 2nd at 6:00pm
Make checks payable to:
9211 103rd Street #53
Jacksonville, FL 32210
- Mike Britt: 904-762-7472 or email email@example.com
- Derrick Lovell: 904-657-6010 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
FALL CO-ED OPEN SOFTBALL LEAGUE - REMINDERS FOR THE SEASON
(posted on 8/14/2018 @ 6:39pm)
- All players must sign their respective teams’ rosters to be eligible to play. Players may be added to rosters throughout the entire regular season, but all players must play in at least four (4) regular season games to be eligible for the League Tournament. New players must sign their respective teams’ rosters either at my office at Peck Gym or at the softball complex BEFORE PLAYING.
- All ASA-approved bats must have 2018 league-issued hologram decals on them to be allowed for use.
- All players must have matching uniform shirts, with team names on fronts and numbers on the backs, by the third night of the season – September 10th.
- Teams must supply their own ASA softballs – 12” .52cor/300 compression. 11” .44cor/375 compression ASA softballs (women only) are optional.
- Lineup sheets must be turned in to the scorekeepers no later than 5 minutes prior to game time. Players names and jersey #s must be on the lineup sheets.
- Teams must pay for umpires in cash before each game. $18/team if 2 umpires on a field. $12/team if 1 umpire on a field.
- NO ALCOHOL ALLOWED AT THE COMPLEX.
- NO PETS ALLOWED BY THE PLAYING FIELDS OR SPECTATOR AREAS.
- NO SMOKING ALLOWED IN DUGOUTS OR ON THE PLAYING FIELDS.
GET REQUIRED BAT DECALS FOR 2018 NOW
(posted on 01/03/2018 @ 12:02pm)
All players with bats with 2017 league-issued decals must get their bats re-tested for proper compression (composite bats) and affixed with new hologram decals for the 2018 adult softball leagues. New 2018 decals are now available. The 2018 decals are valid for the entire 2018 calendar year. One-piece single wall aluminum/alloy or wood bats that are affixed with the round orange hologram decals with "FBPRD SWA" on them do not need new decals or to be re-verified for validation of aluminum/alloy or wood construction, unless the print on the decal is no longer legible or the decals came off of the bats. These decals are now permanent.
Players with new bats or bats without league-issued decals must also get their bats either compression tested or verified. Bat compression testing and verification are done at Peck Gym, 510 South 10th Street in Fernandina Beach (entrance on the corner of Elm Street and South 11th Street). Days/hours for testing/verification and more information below:
- Monday - Friday from 11:00am - 5:30pm
- Please call/email Jason (904-310-3353; email@example.com) to make an appointment.
- Other times/locations can be arranged. Please call/email Jason to schedule alternate times/locations.
- Bat testing/verification will not be done at the Ybor Alvarez Fields on game nights. Exception: one piece, single wall aluminum/alloy or wood bats may be affixed with decals at the Ybor Fields on game nights.
GET EVEN MORE CONNECTED WITH FERNANDINA BEACH ADULT SOFTBALL...ON FACEBOOK!
If you want another way to find players for your teams, find out dates for leagues' registration, put names with faces, or even post ideas to make our softball leagues more appealing, join the "Fernandina Beach Adult Softball" group on Facebook! This page quite often contains up-to-date information on field conditions during a season; people looking to join teams or teams looking for players; make-up game dates; and just general "softball talk."
Log onto www.facebook.com and type "Fernandina Beach Adult Softball" in the Search box. Get connected!
Need players for your team? Check out our INDIVIDUAL PLAYER LISTS below for several people who are interested in joining teams. If you would like to be added to a list to be recruited by teams, please email your contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fall Female Individual List - Co-ed League
Fall Male Individual List - Co-ed League
Fall Couples' List - Co-ed League
Individual List - Men's League (no Men's League for Fall 2018)
Pat Giovannoni: 925-787-3694; email: email@example.com (added to list on 5/01/2018)
John Kent: 706-332-2361; email: firstname.lastname@example.org (added to list on 5/01/2018)
Dalton Miles: 904-624-3233 (added to list on 5/01/2018)
Darius Prentice: 904-705-5539 (added to list on 5/01/2018)
Chad Marsden: 321-274-6115; email: email@example.com (added to list on 5/01/2018)
Tony Deane: 412-742-7101; email: firstname.lastname@example.org (added to list on 5/01/2018)
Jeremy Duggan: 757-350-9012; email: email@example.com (added to list on 5/01/2018)
Jeff Maurer: 702-232-4568; email: firstname.lastname@example.org (added to list on 11/20/2017)
Joe Neiser: 423-309-6368; email: email@example.com (added to list on 12/20/2017)
Joe Hrabak (2B, SS, 3B): 480-273-5247; email: firstname.lastname@example.org (added to list on 01/03/2018)
Troy Burnsed: 904-408-6715 (added to list on 01/18/2018)
Larry Luedtke: 904-556-8956; email: email@example.com (added to list on 01/24/2018)
Peter Keeley: 603-512-5968; email: firstname.lastname@example.org (added to list on 02/01/2018)