- LIKE US ON FACEBOOK UNDER "FLEMINGTON WRESTLING"
Welcome to the Home of
Registration - 2019-2020 Season
Registration for the 2019-2020 Season is CLOSED !!!
Registration is now closed.
Once you have registered, you will need to submit some paperwork. Please send the following items:
Forms can be downloaded from our Handouts section under the Forms section on top of the website.
- Copy of your child's birth certificate, ONLY if this is your first season of wrestling
- $150 Volunteer Bond check, as long as your family completes their volunteering requirements for the season we will not cash this.
- Physical form signed by your Doctor. Must be from 2019!. (Print out and turn in with Doctor's signature)
- Athlete / Parent Code of Conduct form. (Print out and turn in with the appropriate signatures)
Please send this information to:
Flemington Wrestling Association
PO Box 877
Flemington, NJ 08822
Please send questions to President@flemingtonwrestling.com
After you register, you will be invited as the season begins to join TeamSnap which will have the full schedule.
The practice schedule is as follows:
Novice (1st & 2nd year wrestlers) - Coach John S - FIRST PRACTICE IS NOVEMBER 5, 2019 TUESDAY
- Tuesday 5:30pm -7:00pm - Hunterdon Central High School Field House
- Saturday 10am -11:30am - Hunterdon Central High School Field House
Midget (3rd year wrestling and up) - Coach CJ Inglin - FIRST PRACTICE IS NOVEMBER 5, 2019 TUESDAY
- Monday 6:30pm - 8:00pm HCHS Fieldhouse
- Tuesday 7pm - 8:30pm - Focused training practice - HCHS Fieldhouse
- Thursday 6:30pm - 8:00pm HCHS Fieldhouse
Grade School (7th and 8th grade) - Coach Andy F - FIRST PRACTICE IS OCTOBER 29, 2019 TUESDAY
- Tuesday 7:00pm -8:30pm - FLEMINGTON ELKS LOWER LEVEL WRESTLING ROOM (RT. 31, FLEMINGTON)
- Wednesday 6:30pm -8:00pm HCHS Fieldhouse (Optional practice for Grade school level - if attending another club practice)
- Friday 6:00pm -7:30pm HCHS Fieldhouse
Board Meeting Notice
Next Board meeting is scheduled for February 4, 2020 (7 PM - 8 pm) at the Flemington Elks Lodge. All parents and coaches are welcome to attend. Any questions please contact us at President@flemingtonwrestling.com
Congratulations to our 2019 NJ State Place Winners!!
Flemington wrestling would like to congratulate the following (5) wrestlers for placing in the NJ State Tournament March 9 & 10 at CURE Insurance Arena in Trenton, NJ.
Thomas Brunetti - 2nd place in Junior division 105 pounds
Cole Stangle - 4th place in Junior division 112 pounds
Anthony Rossi - 5th place in Intermediate division 75 pounds
Gavin Lopez - 5th place in Novice division 125 pounds
Derek Sutphen - 7th place in Junior division 65 pounds
These young men placed among the Top 27 wrestlers in their age/weight, truly a great accomplishment! Great job!
Congratulations to our 2019 NJ State Qualifiers!!
The following are our Flemington Youth wrestlers who have qualified for the NJ State Scholastic Wrestling Championships held at the Cure Insurance Arena in Trenton on March 9-10, 2019 by placing Top 3 in their weight/division in 1 of the 9 Qualifying Tournaments. Here is how they finished in their qualifier:
Pete Plesh - 75 pounds - 2nd place
Anthony Rossi - 75 pounds - 2nd place
Patrick Kaczmarek - 152 pounds - 2nd place
Derek Sutphen - 65 pounds - 2nd place
Thomas Brunetti - 105 pounds - 1st place
Cole Stangle - 112 pounds - 1st place
Jace Brownlie - 75 pounds - 2nd place
Gavin Lopez - 125 pounds - 1st place
Paulie DaQuisto - 45 pounds - 3rd place
Conner McWilliams - 60 pounds - 2nd place
Good luck to all of these young men competing in Trenton!
USA Wrestling Statement
Ask the parents of any of our 155,000 members and they’ll tell you that wrestling:
• Improves self confidence and the belief that anything is possible
• Teaches young people to respect themselves and others
• Promotes excellence and encourages athletes to set goals
• Builds personal accountability because the athlete alone is responsible for the outcome
• Develops integrity, discipline, and a strong work ethic—traits that will last a lifetime
• Exposes athletes to positive role models
Wrestling’s alumni have gone on to achieve success in every field. Presidents, astronauts, authors, and respected business executives credit wrestling, and the life lessons learned on the mat, for their success. At USA Wrestling, we believe our wrestlers will become elite at whatever they choose to do in life.
From Cael Sanderson's blog "Why my kids will wrestle...".
Why my kids will wrestle..
1. Foundation sport. Wrestling is the perfect foundation for all other sports. Wrestling is balance, agility, hand –eye coordination, flexibility, positioning, strength, speed, explosiveness, footwork, hustle, mental focus, mental toughness, core strength, concentration, competition, and endurance. Wrestling will make our youth better at all other sports.
2. Fun. Wrestling is a game. It is the most basic and instinctual game. Toddlers wrestle. The sport of wrestling is the ultimate competition where two individual take their individual strengths and match them up against each other. Wrestling is a battle of wits, technique, speed, agility, flexibility, and toughness. No two wrestlers are alike. Fun stuff!!
3. Exercise. Wrestling is one the world’s most premier physical fitness sports. Wrestling develops strength and endurance. Poor health is a major issue in our society today and wrestling will help develop a love of exercise and physical fitness in our youth.
4. Self-confidence. Very little is accomplished without self-confidence. Wrestling teaches self-confidence like nothing else I know outside of religion and knowing that you are a child of God. Insecure people have the most difficult time learning from others and make progress even more difficult than it already is. Wrestling teaches hard work, self-improvement, sense of accomplishment, camaraderie of team, 1 on 1 aspect, and self-defense to name a few. These promote self-worth, respect and confidence.
5. Self-defense. Although wrestling is not commonly considered a “martial art,” it is the #1 base discipline in the world of MMA. Wrestlers know how to defend themselves and neutralize threats quickly. Wrestling is controlling an opponent. If you want your kids to know how to defend themselves, put them in wrestling.
6. Humility. Nothing teaches humility better than a 1-on-1 sport. Winning and losing in a 1-on-1 setting brings humility. There is nowhere to hide and no one to blame but yourself. All wrestlers will lose at some point and doing so in these conditions teaches humility. Hard work and discipline are two keys to success in wrestling and both teach humility.
“…I learned a lot about taking responsibility for my actions when I wrestled for 4 years…All professional athletes ought to spend a year wrestling. It teaches you something, You get pinned; you can’t blame the coach. You can’t blame your teammates. The guy you are looking for is staring back at you in the mirror” –former Phillies pitcher Mitch Williams
7. Respect. The challenges of being a wrestler teach you to respect yourself. After you learn to respect yourself you will learn to respect others. You learn to respect your team mates as well as your opponents. You learn to listen to and respect your coach. After you learn to respect others you are able to learn from them, a life lesson.
8. Self-discipline. Wrestling is discipline. Repetition of drills, hard work, weight management, and continually doing the best thing instead of the easiest thing is discipline. Wrestling requires postponing instant “wants” to gain something more valuable long term. It takes discipline and focus to reach goals.
9. Roadmap to success. Wrestling is the perfect example of what it takes to be successful in life. Goal setting, hard work, determination, focus, love of challenges, love of competition, confidence, being coachable, mental toughness, discipline, creativity, team work and accountability.
10. Toughness. Wrestling is a physical, contact sport. You learn that sometimes you just get poked in the eye. Physical and mental toughness go hand in hand. You learn that a little pain or struggle is part of the process of doing great things.
You can find wrestling tournaments, leagues and the local wrestling club websites and info on the links section of website on the left hand side of this page.