- Registration for 2017-2018 is now open! Click the link on the left under Register Online to begin.
Registration for the youth wrestling program will be held online this year. Registration will open up on Monday October 15th and remain open through the first two weeks of the season. Please go the the Registration page to sign up. A registration fee of $125.00 is required and will be refundable within the first two weeks of the season, please bring with you to the first practice of the season. The fee covers the cost of uniforms, shirts, referees, league fees, and liability insurance for the program. The cost of a second child in the program is reduced to $85.00 and $70.00 for a third child. The first night of practice will be held at the Fox Chapel High School field house on November 5th beginning at 6:00 PM, please try to arrive at 5:50 PM so that the kids are ready to practice at 6:00 PM. Appropriate wrestling attire should be worn to all practices (shorts or sweatpants, t-shirt, wrestling shoes or socks). A photocopy of the child’s birth certificate must also be handed within two weeks of the beginning of practice. Late registrations will be accepted until December 1. A Parent’s Meeting will be held on Wednesday November 7th at 5:50 PM before practice, please allow for 30 minutes; YOUR ATTENDANCE IS REQUIRED!
FEATURES OF THE PROGRAM:
Beginning November 6th---Practices are scheduled Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 6:00-7:45 PM
* Monday – Novice (1st and 2nd year)
* Tuesday – Open (3+years experience)
* Wednesday – All wrestlers
* Thursday – All wrestlers
* Weekly competition with local elementary teams will begin in late November.
* Participants are matched by weight, age, and experience.
* Practices are held at the Fox Chapel High School field house (to the right of the entrance to the football field)
* Checks should be made payable to FOXES WRESTLING CLUB
* Bring checks to first practice on November 5th
* Questions should be directed to the Head Coach, Tim Carl, at email@example.com or 412-298-0041 or Dustin Widdoss at 570-856-2787; FC Varsity Head Coach, Ron Frank, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-767-9248; or FCYW Coordinator, Amy Funk, at email@example.com.
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAM:
* To provide an activity for grade school age boys and girls without handicaps of a physical nature-- such as height or weight.
* To develop sportsmanship, leadership, and friendship through instruction and competition.
* To develop and improve physical and mental coordination through planned instruction.
* To develop self-discipline and respect for oneself and others.
* To develop an understanding of the fundamentals of scholastic wrestling.
* To create a comprehensive system of organized wrestling in the district.
A $50 “Bond” will be assessed to each family at registration for each singlet; it will be held until the end of the season and will only be cashed if the singlet is not returned. Please make out a separate check for this. The most important thing we need from parents is your commitment of time and effort throughout the season as volunteers, we cannot run a successful program without your help. Some of the volunteer responsibilities include helping with gym set-up or clean-up after a match, working in the refreshment stand or keeping time or score at a scoring table during matches. A sign-up sheet for volunteers will be available at the Parent’s Meeting on Wednesday, November 6 at 5:50 pm during practice. Practices and matches are required, with the exception of family obligations or illness.