- Please make comments in the "Forum" section
- Like us on Facebook!
2020 Season information
The upcoming season is just around the corner. Annual League meetings will occur in March with team registration scheduled for early April. Games are played Monday through Friday nights at Batch and Centennial Fields. Men’s and women’s teams consist of 10 or more players and Coed at least 5 men and 5 women. Rec leagues are established for non-competitive play. Different levels of competitive play are also available for women, men, and coed. Women’s teams play 16 games. Coed and Men’s Recreational teams play 12 games. Other men’s teams play 18 games. Team fees are set based on the number of games played. There are also player fees for each league that are $30 or less per player for the season. Rulebooks, scorebooks, and softballs are given to each team. Leagues typically begin the first part of May.
Annual League Meetings - Not required but highly recommended one person from your team attend.
- COED Meeting -TBD
- Women's Meeting - TBD
- Men's Meeting - TBD
- Early April. Exact date, time, location to be announced.
- This is the only time you can register.
- 2020 team fees are not set. Below are the 2019 team fees - Fees typically do not drastically change from year to year.
- 2019 COED Team $340 / Player $30
- 2019 Women's fees Team $325 / Player $30
- 2019 Men's Rec Team $390 / Player $20
- 2019 Men's Div I Team $425 / Player $25
- 2019 Men's E Team $480 / Player $25
- Make checks out to Helena Softball Association, HSA, or your league name (HSA Men's, Women's, or COED League) HSA is looking into electronic payment this year.
Minor participation in slow pitch
It has been brought to the attention of the Leagues that there is no documented age requirement in the Adult Slow Pitch Softball rules. It has been past practice to allow high school age players to play with parents on their teams. If the player was on the roster, the parent has always had to “sign for” the minor on the roster. The presidents of the three Leagues met as the Executive Committee and have adopted the following documented age requirement for Adult Slow Pitch.
Roster and Player Status.
A player must be fifteen (15) years of age by the end of the year (December 31) to be eligible to play. Any player under the age of 18 years must have a signed permission form or be signed for by a parent or guardian on the official roster before playing. Permission forms will be available at the concession stands at each field complex and also on the web-site. The form will be kept on file with the rosters. It is recommended that minor players wear a batting helmet at all times for concussion prevention.
Rules "Cheat Sheet"
Click here for a cheat sheet of current HSA District rules. Updated May 9, 2019
Official Bats for this year's league and tourney play
HSA enforces the use of ASA certified bats for league and tournament play. To review a list of all certified bats for this year's season go to https://www.teamusa.org/USA-Softball/Certified-Equipment