Tryouts are scheduled for Saturday, October 6 at Crockett Middle School following the schedule listed below. ALL PLAYERS (with the exception of Instructional Division) MUST ATTEND TRYOUTS. This is the only day tryouts will be scheduled. There is limited flexibility for coming at a different time. Player's league age is as of 8/31/18.
2018-2019 Season Information - TIME IS RUNNING OUT TO REGISTER!
Welcome to the 2018-2019 Hamilton Little Lads Basketball Season! We have some exciting changes this season that will affect most players, so please read the entire post.
Online Registration Opens – NOW AVAILABLE! Click HERE to go to our registration site.
Last Day for Early Registration Discount – Friday, August 31, 2018
In-Person Registration – Saturday, September 15, 2018 9:00 am to 12:00 noon at HTRBA Little League (10 Ferndale Ave. Mercerville)
Last Day to Register to Guarantee a Roster Spot – Sunday, September 30, 2018 (does not apply to Instructional Division registration)
Tryouts – Saturday, October 6, 2018 at Crockett Middle School (Times to be announced)
Teams Selected – Week of October 8
Practices Begin – Week of October 15
First Games – Saturday, November 3
- This season will complete our three year plan to re-draft all teams from season to season. Two years ago we began re-drafting the Cadets Division and last year we began re-drafting the Jr Lads Division. The results have been overwhelmingly positive, with games in the re-drafted divisions being much more consistently competitive. We look forward to re-drafting teams in every division this season.
- We have extended the upper age limit to 15 (age as of 8/31/18) for our regular fall/winter program. In the past, we have had a division for 15/16/17 year olds. Due to low registration numbers, we have not been able to play this division the past two seasons. Since a large majority of the registrations we do receive are for 15 year olds, we have made the decision to allow 15 year olds to continue playing, and possibly realign our current division structure.
- Divisions will remain the same as past seasons.
- For the third consecutive season, we are not increasing registration fees and have no fund-raiser requirements!
- Once again, we are offering Early Registration and Family Discounts.
- Online registration is always available by visiting our website at www.HLLBasketball.net. You must pay by credit card. Visa, Mastercard, and American Express are accepted.
- In-person registration is tentatively scheduled for Saturday, September 15. Time and location will be emailed and posted on the league website once determined.
- New and returning players may register online with a credit card, at either of the in-person registrations, or by mailing in a completed registration form and payment. Registration will close on Sunday, September 30, 2018. Registrations received after that date will be placed on a waiting list.
- New players must show a birth certificate at tryouts.
Registration fees remain the same as last season. They are as follows:
- Instructional Division (ages 5 and 6) $85
- All other divisions $120
- All registration fees are due at the time of registration.
- Early Registration Discount. Save $20 per player on all registrations received prior to 9/1/2018.
- Family Discount. 1st player per family – regular registration fee, 2nd player per family - save $20, 3rd player per family – save $40, and so on.
All players (not including Instructional Division) must attend tryouts. Since we are re-drafting teams in all divisions now, every player must be evaluated so we can balance teams as best as possible. Tryouts will only be held on Saturday, October 6. Due to a short time frame between tryouts and team selection, there will be no make up date. Please make every effort to attend. Times per age group will be sent as we get closer to tryouts.
Please consider coaching a team this season. It gets more difficult each season to find volunteers to coach. Without volunteers to coach, we could be in a position to limit the number of players we can accept to play. There is an opportunity to indicate your interest during the on-line registration process, and on the paper registration form.
Games and Practices
Games are typically played on Saturday afternoons or early evenings. Practices are one night a week.
The Instructional Division meets on Saturday mornings.
Your cooperation in registering as early as possible will help us better plan properly and provide your child with the best possible youth basketball experience
Please feel free to contact us with any questions, comments, or concerns.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please refer to our Frequently Asked Questions section prior to sending an email with a question. We are happy to answer any questions you may have, but it will save everyone time to check our FAQs first.
School Parking and Entrance Information
Below are pictures of the three schools we use for games. In order, they are Nottingham High School, Crockett Middle School, and Grice Middle School. Each picture highlights the parking areas and entrances to be used. There will be no exceptions to these. There may be an entrance closer to where you park, but the only entrance that should be used is the one noted on the pictures.
Thank you for your anticipated cooperation!
Cancellations Due to Weather - Communication Plan
In the event that there are cancellations, it will immediately be posted on the league website (www.HLLBasketball.net) and our Facebook page. An email will then be sent to everyone in the league. The coaches will be asked to also contact their team to make sure the message gets out. A text may or may not be sent by the league. Bulk texting is not always reliable.
Please do not email, text, or call asking if games are still on. We will not have the time to respond. When we know, you will know.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Little Lads Announces Sportsmanship Award Winners
Hamilton Little Lads Basketball is pleased to announce the winners of the 2018 Sportsmanship Awards.
Andrew M. Kusnirik, Jr. Sportsmanship Award (Lads Division) - Kishawn Douragh
Anthony A. "Tony" Stella Sportsmanship Award (Jr Lads Division) - Nick Corby
John A. "Jack" DeStefano Sportsmanship Award (Cadets Division) - Chase Whitman Recipients were selected by the division coaches
Congratulations to Kishawn, Nick, and Chase for this well deserved award!
Chase Whitman - Cadets Division Nick Corby - Jr Lads Division Kishawn Douragh - Lads Division