PLEASE VISIT OUR NEW WEBSITE AT www.LITTLELADSBASKETBALL.net
Time is Running Out! Register Soon
Registration is closed for the ages 8 and older. We are still adding to the Wait List. To be added to the Wait List, please go to our new website - www.LittleLadsBasketball.net - and click on the Register button.
Registration for the Instructional Division remains open.
2019 - 2020 Season Registration Information
Online Registration – NOW AVAILABLE! Visit our website at www.HLLBasketball.net
- In-Person Registration – Saturday, September 21, 2019 (Tentative… more details to follow)
- Registration will close on Monday, September 30, 2019, or when we reach the maximum number of players we can accommodate, whichever is earlier. Registration requests received after will be placed on a waiting list. Don’t wait… register NOW!
- Tryouts – Saturday, October 12, 2019 at Crockett Middle School (Times to be announced)
- Teams Selected – Week of October 14
- Practices Begin – Week of October 21
- First Games – Saturday, November 16
- Online registration is always available by clicking on the button in the upper right You must pay by credit card. Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express are accepted.
- In-person registration is tentatively scheduled for Saturday, September 21. Time and location will be emailed and posted on the league website once determined.
- Returning players may register by mailing in a completed registration form (attached) and payment.
- Registration will close on Monday, September 30, 2019, or when we reach the maximum number of players we can accommodate, whichever is earlier. Registrations received after will be placed on a waiting list. Don’t wait… register NOW!
- New players must show a birth certificate at tryouts.
- Requests for players to be on the same team will not be accepted.
Registration fees are as follows:
- Instructional Division - $90
- All other divisions - $140
- All registration fees are due at the time of registration.
- Payment plan and scholarships are available. Requests must be approved prior to registration.
- NO FUNDRAISERS! Registration covers everything. Pay once and you're done.
- See below for explanation of registration fee increase.
Family Discount. 1st player per family – regular registration fee, 2nd player per family - save $20, 3rd player per family – save an additional $40, and so on.
All players (not including Instructional Division) must attend tryouts. Since we are re-drafting teams in all divisions now, every player must be evaluated so we can balance teams as best as possible. Tryouts will only be held on Saturday, October 12. Due to a short time frame between tryouts and team selection, there will be no make up date. Please make every effort to attend. Times per age group will be sent as we get closer to tryouts.
Ages (as of 8/31/19)
All 15 year olds
All 14 year olds
All 13 year olds
12 year olds as selected
12 year olds not selected for Lads
All 11 year olds
10 year olds as selected
9 year olds as selected (if needed)
10 year olds not selected for Jr Lads
9 year olds not selected for Jr Lads
All 8 year olds
7 year olds as selected
7 year olds not selected for Cadets
All 6 year olds
All 5 year olds
- Actual ages per division may vary based on final registration numbers
- Where ages fall into two divisions,
o requests will be taken to play down.
o requesting to play in a higher division does not guarantee selection
- 6 year olds will not be eligible for Cadets Division under any circumstances.
- 4 year olds are not eligible for the Instructional Division
- All ages are as of 8/31/19
Registration Fee Increase
For the past several years, we have struggled with getting people to volunteer to help with securing team sponsors. While we have gotten cooperation on a relatively small scale, we just haven't had someone who is willing and able to spend the time that is necessary to organize and coordinate the effort. The main concern is the lack of following up on receiving payment. On average, we only receive payment from about half the sponsors.
So, this year, we've decided to eliminate team sponsors, and raise the registration fee $20 ($5 for Instructional) to cover the minimum that a team sponsor could pay in the past. It's unfortunate that we have to do this, but we need to make up the loss of revenue somewhere.
Without having sponsors for team names this year, we will use NBA and college names for our teams.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please refer to our Frequently Asked Questions section prior to sending an email with a question. We are happy to answer any questions you may have, but it will save everyone time to check our FAQs first.
School Parking and Entrance Information
Below are pictures of the three schools we use for games. In order, they are Nottingham High School, Crockett Middle School, and Grice Middle School. Each picture highlights the parking areas and entrances to be used. There will be no exceptions to these. There may be an entrance closer to where you park, but the only entrance that should be used is the one noted on the pictures.
Thank you for your anticipated cooperation!
Cancellations Due to Weather - Communication Plan
In the event that there are cancellations, it will immediately be posted on the league website (www.HLLBasketball.net) and our Facebook page. An email will then be sent to everyone in the league. The coaches will be asked to also contact their team to make sure the message gets out. A text may or may not be sent by the league. Bulk texting is not always reliable.
Please do not email, text, or call asking if games are still on. We will not have the time to respond. When we know, you will know.
Thank you for your cooperation.