- Follow us on Twitter @I270_Basketball
Welcome to the home of the
I-270 Youth Basketball Where we keep the FUN in FUNDAMENTALS.
2019 Division Champions
Bethesda area runs the table and sweeps all 3 divisions!
Bethesda area won their first I-270 championship in league history in stunning fashion by winning all three divisions. Something that has not been done in at least 20 years.
Congratulations to the Bethesda Bantams, Juniors, and Seniors on an historical season and special shout out to the Bethesda Juniors for their perfect 19-0! season.
- Bantam coaches Dave Forburger and Nick Kreisle. Special recognition to game MVP Jake Forburger. Runner-up Potomac coaches Claude Young III, Stan Reid, Roman Smith and Josh Lorenzo.
- Junior coaches Cornell Holloway and Marc Hausman. Game MVP Isaiah Nickelson. Runner-up Clarksburg coaches Wisdom Martin and Marc Smith
- Senior coaches David Winter and Brian Mulford. Game MVP Jackson Von Wagner. Runner-up Gaithersburg coach Mark Simmons.
The Bethesda Junior and Senior champions will represent I-270 and Montgomery County in the Joe JonesIII second annual cross county championship where they will face Championship teams from Washington, Frederick and Howard County. Semi-final games are on Friday 3/15/19 @ St John's Catholic Prep in Buckeystown, MD. Finals are Saturday 3/16 @ BBT Arena on Hood College campus in Frederick, MD.
2019 Dave Griffin Citizenship Award
Okeyo Ayungo - Rockville. 2019 Dave Griffin Citizenship Award Recipient
I-270 Youth Basketball Welcome
I-270 Youth Sports Club is the preeminent longest running competitive basketball program in Montgomery County.
The I-270 Youth Sports Club believes in developing our communities youths to have a strong sense of community spirit, to be people of high character, have a sense of fairness, and a relentless desire to achieve their fullest potential.
We achieve this through our competitive sports league which is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that has served Montgomery County youth for nearly forty years of competitive basketball. I-270 Youth Sports serves over 400 players from ages 8 to 15 yrs in three divisions across ten (10) areas:
- Bethesda - Whitman HS cluster
- Clarksburg - Clarksburg HS cluster
- Darnestown - Quince Orchard HS cluster
- Gaithersburg - Gaithersburg & Watkins Mill HS clusters
- Germantown - Seneca Valley & Northwest HS clusters
- Olney - Sherwood HS cluster
- Potomac - Churchill HS cluster
- Redland - Magruder HS cluster
- Rockville - Rockville HS cluster
- Silver Spring - Blake HS cluster
Our league is unique in that we have strong and close relationships with the local high school basketball coaches. So much so that several high school varsity coaches serve as Area Directors and team coaches. I-270 is a competitive feeder program into the local high school basketball programs that focuses on teaching basketball fundamentals as well as competitive fair play and sportsmanship. Many I-270 players go on to play for their respective high school programs. The league also has seen numerous former players excel at the collegiate level as well as several who have reached the professional ranks.
I-270 is sponsored by Dick's Sporting Goods. Games are played in area school gyms and officiated by IAABO referees. There is a 16 game regular season followed by a single elimination playoffs where all teams make the playoffs and are seeded based on their regular season standings. Trophies are awarded to the Champions in each division. There is also an all-star game for each of the 3 divisions at the end of the season.
Tryouts are held in early October with games starting in early November culminating with the Championships in February.
If you have a child serious about developing their basketball skills and competing against some of the top talent in Montgomery County then I270 is for you - come join us!
In the event of inclement weather Community Use of Public Facilities (CUPF) makes the decision on whether MCPS facilities are open or closed.
If there is winter weather, please check:
for closing status of Montgomery County Public School facilities or call the inclement weather hotline 240-777-2710.
We will update the website as well when we know of news.