Welcome to the home of the
MOUNT HAMILTON MINOR HOCKEY ASSOCIATION
In-person registration is now closed, please contact the registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to register your child or have any inquiries.
Minor Novice, Novice, Atom, PeeWee and Bantam $425
OHF Introduces Player Development Model
Click HERE for an article from the Alliance Website on the new initiative which will see more kids at younger ages playing and practicing hockey in age-appropriate programming
Please view the clips below in order provided, which will help explain the new NOVICE division that will be implemented for the 2018-19 season
1st clip - Adults dealing with the ice surface and nets in comparison to what a child will experience when they start in Novice division - Watch 1st clip
2nd clip - Tracking information on children playing the game, cross ice, half ice and full ice - Watch 2nd clip
For anyone interested in coaching clinics or trainers courses, click on the CLINIC SCHEDULE at the top of the page under PAGES. CLINICS page states to contact Jeff Reynolds, do not contact him. Ryan Cairns is the MHMHA contact for info on clinics and he can be reached at email@example.com
4 on 4 sessions
Date: Tuesday Oct 23rd, Nov 6th, Nov 20th and Dec 4th @ 6PM - 7PM all FOUR sessions at Mtn Arena
This four sessions program is intended to keep it fun for the kids but make them skate at game speed.
Players are assigned to either the white or black team and friendly adjustment are made during the on ice sessions if required to balance the lines. We will run matching lines so players get to compete against others at their level. It's all about work hard while having fun. Just like the old days of street hockey, let's play.
Overview on how it's run:
- shifts are about 1 min in length
- blow whistle to force line changes and throw out another puck
- player on ice stop playing while next line is already chasing new puck in play at the other end of ice
- no face offs and not worried about off sides or icing, so they are skating
- when a team scores or goalie covers puck, attacking team must clear the zone while puck is put back into play
- do not keep track of score, kids playing hard and not worried to make a mistake trying something NEW (new move, shot or carrying puck longer)
- no coaching permitted from the bench or stands, helpers let them in and let them out
Kids will get a great workout while having fun playing with some friends!
Note: this program is on a first come first serve basis. Total cost for the four sessions is $35 cash which confirms a spot. Taking 26 players and 2 goalies from the Major Novice and Atom division.
If you require additional information, please let us know.