News & Notes for
Welcome to the home of Madeleine Athletics. The site will update weekly, visit frequently to ensure you are up to speed on our sports program. Specific questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org Thanks and God Bless.
Registration for the fall sports season will begin the first week of school. The following sports are offered - volleyball, flag football & cross country/track. Registration forms will be handed out to all students. You can also print out a form (click on the FORMS tab above). Send in completed form and check payment with your child (place in envelope marked - Madeleine Athletics) and turn it in to the main office. Register your son/daughter before the deadline (Friday - 9/6).
Looking to purchase School of the Madeleine Spirit Wear? Click on MADELEINE SPIRIT WEAR STORE to order hats, shirts, sweatshirts and plenty more. Click here for discount coupon. A great way to show your support for our Madeleine sports teams and a portion of the proceeds comes back to School of the Madeleine Athletics.
CLEARANCE FOR VOLUNTEER COACHES
The Diocese of San Diego mandates that all school volunteers (including coaches) must be cleared through the CMG Process. Returning parents who had previous clearance through the Live Scan process must still go through the new CMG process at www.CMGconnect.org. The CMG Process includes viewing the CMG Safe Environment Curriculum (training modules) and completing the Background Check. Both of these CMG steps require you to print and turn in a certificate of completion (one for each step) with the $20.00 fee made payable to School of the Madeleine. We are finding parents who may have lived in other cities/states may incur an additional fee because the city/state requires a different search process. Thank you for working to complete this process to help keep our students safe. If you have any further questions about the CMG process, please contact Diana DiLiberto in the main office at (619) 276-6545 ex. 232.
Looking for game schedules for you child's team? Visit www.catholicsportsleague.com and click on the schedules tab. You will find all league information located on the site.
ON CAMPUS PRACTICES
- In cases of rain or extreme heat, practices may be cancelled. Check the 'venue status' located on the right side of this page. If practices are cancelled for the courts or grass, the color will change from green to red. In addition, be on the lookout for an email from your child's coach. If it rains late in the school day, you can call the main office for an update.
- After school sports practices typically run (3:00-4:30), but see your coaches email for the exact times. Track team practices run (3:00-4:00). All students must be picked up on time, as no child should be on the school campus unsupervised.
- Please ensure that your child picks up all clothing, bags, trash, etc. after their practice. The lost and found is typically full of items left behind by students who have after school practices.
Madeleine Athletics Sponsorship Fundraiser
School of the Madeleine is very thankful for all of the support given to Madeleine Athletics every school year. There are a number of ways to show your support for our student-athletes.
- Fall - Membership/ Donation Drive (click here for DONATION FORM)
- Winter - Snack Bar Sales (open during the peewee soccer season)
- Spring - Annual Spring Golf Tournament (scheduled for 5/3/2019)
- Throughout the school year - (online sales of Madeleine athletic/spirit wear)
- All School of the Madeleine student-athletes that compete in the Catholic Sports League throughout the school year.
- Facility enhancements (upkeep of grass field, basketball courts and track)
- Purchase of athletic equipment (uniforms, balls, goals, paint & much more)
- Once the school year is in full swing, our 'community cleanup day' will be scheduled. We typically have a number of volunteers on campus to help freshen up things around the school... (including cutting back the ice plant/ brush, weeding, sweeping, cleaning, painting & more). This is a great way for families to work together as a community and to earn some necessary service hours. Supervised students are welcome to assist in the cleanup (Jr. High students can earn some of their service hours as well). Be on the lookout for additional information in one of the upcoming school newsletters.
Thank you in advance for your generous giving of both 'time and treasure'. If you have any questions, email email@example.com in the PE office.