MARS YOUTH FOOTBALL & CHEER BOARD MEETING
will be held on Thursday, July 16th at 7pm at Willees.
We hope to see you there!!
Return To Play Protocol & Waiver Release
The board has been busy preparing for the start of the season while closely monitoring any and all developments relating to the Covid-19 outbreak. With that said, we are certain many of you have questions and concerns regarding the season and Covid-19.
Please be assured that the health and safety of our players, cheerleaders, coaches and parents is our number one priority. Having said that, we have established a Return to Play Protocol and a Waiver which is available in the Forms section on our Mars Youth Football & Cheer website. Some of the safety measures we would like to highlight include:
Temperature checks via a contactless thermometer will be taken prior to all practices and games
Medics will be available at all practices and games
All equipment will be disinfected between uses
Hand sanitizer will be available during practice and games
Please take some time to review the Protocol and Waiver prior to the start of the season. All players and cheerleaders will be required to sign and return the Waiver prior to participating in the season as well as camp. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact Giovanni Cuzzocrea (724-584-1900 or email@example.com) or John Yurisinec (724-244-6530 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
The Mars Youth Football and Cheer board are committed to making this a safe and successful season; however, we can only do this with your help! It is incumbent on you, the parent, and your child to understand, agree to and abide by the Return to Play Protocol and Waiver. With the cooperation of the players, cheerleaders, coaches and parents, the board is confident we will enjoy a safe and successful season. Go Rockets, Astros and Martians!
Astros & Martians Football & Cheer Teams Full
Important Camp Changes
- Football camp will run Monday through Thursday.
- Cheer camp will be held on Monday and Wednesday ONLY.
- Camp registration will remain open until June 30th.
We understand that the date change may not work for all families. If your child will no longer be able to attend, please contact us via email (email@example.com) and a refund will be provided.
- Football Camp will run Monday, July 20th - Thursday, July 23rd
- Cheer Camp will run Monday, July 20th and Wednesday, July 22nd
- First day of practice is Monday, July 27th
- IMPORTANT NOTES… Seriously, we can’t stress these enough!
- PLEASE REGISTER EARLY!
- Registering your child early GREATLY helps us to prepare for the season. If your child is considering playing football or cheering PLEASE register your child ASAP.
- PAYMENT IS NOT DUE AT THE TIME OF REGISTRATION!
- Payment is officially due prior to equipment and uniform hand outs. You can easily log back into your account and pay online with a card. You can also mail a check to our PO Box. All checks MUST BE MADE PAYABLE TO M.A.R.S.
- If you are in need of financial assistance, please complete the Financial Assistance Request Form. The link can be found directly on our homepage underneath the registration. We are more than willing to work with our families! Any requests for assistance are kept strictly confidential.
Save your Chick-fil-A & Moe's Receipts!
Once again for the 2020 season, M.A.R.S. will be participating in a rewards program with our local Chick-fil-A and Moe’s Southwest Grill. Everyone in our organization can participate and help by saving your receipts. I mean, who doesn't like chicken or tacos?!?!
Chick-fil-A and Moe’s Southwest Grill have graciously agreed to reward our organization with a food credit worth 20% of the total in receipts that we collect. This food credit will then be used to offset any future catering orders that we place with Chick-fil-A and Moe’s Southwest Grill.
Receipts will be collected at the concession stand at every home game.
2019 M.A.R.S. Youth Football & Cheer Board
President: Giovanni Cuzzocrea
Vice-President: Tony Babeo
Treasurer: Jennifer Osterman
Secretary & Webmaster: Erin Hein
Football Commissioner: Randy Teyssier
Cheer Commissioner: Nicole Symchak
Safety Officer: John Yurisinec
Fundraising Chair: Rochelle Seideneck
Operations Chair: Alan Hartle
Concessions Chair: Mike Astarb
Spirit Wear: Jennifer Osterman
Banquet Coordinator: Melissa Truitt
Each of our Board Positions include a two (2) year term. Below you will find a list of each position and their next election date. If you are interested in running for any of our Board Positions, you must have attended at least two (2) meetings during the calendar year leading up to an election.
November 2020 Elections: President, Secretary, Cheer Commissioner, Safety Officer
November 2021 Elections: Vice President, Treasurer, Football Commissioner