Basketball Pals Update
Basketball Pals registration is still open.
We will be playing for 6 sessions in total.
The dates are October 7, 14, Off 21st for Octoberfest, Oct 28th,November 4, 11, and 18th
We changed the time to 9AM-10:30AM.
We will be holding elections at the beginning of the session on October 14th
The forms can be mailed to: MSS , 19 Jurgelsky Road, Monroe Twp.
If you have not done a recent Rec. Med form please do one and include it as well.
We still need volunteers and if you are interested in substitute coaching,
please let us know.
There will be no registration cost again this year.
We will also be selling Etsch Farm tickets to the corn maze on the first day.
Any questions: please email: Monroespecialsports@gmail.com
Karl Lopardo's Eagle Scout Project
- WHAT IS THE PROJECT: DAY OF FUN AND FISHING WITH THE CHILDREN OF MONROE SPECIAL SPORTS
- WHAT TO BRING:Fishing Poles**, sunscreen, bug spray,
Please wear old clothes — long pants/old shoes suggested.
** Fishing Poles will be provided if you do not have one
- WHERE: MOLDERS FISHING PRESERVE,
318 JOHN WALL ROAD,
MONROE TOWNSHIP, NJ 08831
- WHEN: Sunday, September 16th (Rain date September 23rd); please arrive at 10am
- Lunch will be provided: (pizza and drinks will be served)
- Questions, please contact me at email@example.com or by phone at 732-718-8007
- Please RSVP (firstname.lastname@example.org) to Karl Lopardo no later than September 9th
YOGA specifically adapted to those with special needs!
We still have openings for Hope's Fun Warriors Yoga at the Monroe Township Public Library. There is one session that runs from 5:00 to 5:30. It is a mixed group of all ages, sizes, and abilities who welcome buddies, siblings, friends, and parents as well! The class is taught by our very own super certified Hope Fisher. For more information on her, check out her website for Hope Yoga, located in Jamesburg.
There is NO COST for these classes. Yoga is not merely a bunch of weird stretches with animal names to watch people awkwardly pose in; yoga helps promote flexibility and strength, mental toughness, peace, calmness, and clarity. It is not "easy" by any means, but very rewarding, and we encourage anyone from any background to give it a try! Ask any of the health professionals volunteering for MSS about their impressions of Yoga and you will be blown away! This is also a chance to renew your acquaintance with the library. Check out their other programs and of course all the books.
Please contact Su at (732) 792 - 7827 with any further questions about the program. All photos where taken by Danielle Pandolfi, are posted under the Photo Album Yoga 2016, and have been posted with permission. Thanks Danielle!
MSS Buddy Ball Celebrates 10 Years!!!
It is absolutely incredible to think that a small gathering of special needs players and their families formed a club of baseball players 10 years ago, but here we are still! We all look forward to having our best season yet!
- If you know of anyone who would be interested in volunteering as a coach or buddy, please direct them to one of the on-field coaches (purple shirts). No free help will be turned away!
- Congratulations to the Mets, Yankees, Pirates, and Red Sox on an awesome parade and first day to the season! Pictures can be found under the normal tab, titled "2016 Baseball Parade."
- Please visit the donors and sponsors page and support them when you can.
- A special thank you is needed to those who have donated ten years of their lives to our programs - no small gift can every be repayment enough for what you have done to benefit the lives of children with special needs within our community! We only look to grow stronger in numbers in the future and be inclusive to even more players with special needs!