“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”
There are a few things we can all do to make this another great season for our league:
- Look around your practice and game fields and notice the volunteers who keep things running smoothly (most of the time). Some are stay at home parents, some work full time; some are caring for loved ones; some are dragging all their other kids along, too. All to benefit your community's children.
- Patronize your concession stands - the hotdogs, pizza and candy sales keep your league afloat helping to pay for insurance, field paint and a host of other little things that sign up fees really don't cover, but things that are necessary to keep a league running.
- Thank your coaches, even if you don't agree with their strategy.
- Cheer along with the cheerleaders when the perform cheers that really do need crowd participation
- (All you people in the stands, give our team a great big hand... ... . . . ).
- Cheer positively for all the kids - not just yours. Chances are there are kids there who don't have an extended family to chat their name when they make a play or walk onto the field.
- Be positive! Be positive! Be positive!