- TELL OUR SPONSORS THAT YOU SAW THEIR ADS ON THIS SITE!
- NO SHOOTING ON THE COURT DURING TIME-OUTS!
- E-Mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- NO LOITERING IN THE HALLWAYS DURING REC GAMES!
Welcome to the Home of the
OCEANPORT BASKETBALL ASSOCIATION
2019-20 REC BASKETBALL REGISTRATIONS DUE BY NOVEMBER 25, 2019
Registration for the 2019-2020 recreation basketball season is open through NOVEMBER 25, 2019. Registration forms and checks (payable to Oceanport Basketball Association) should be mailed or hand delivered to: Jay Coffey, 39 Oneida Avenue, Oceanport, NJ 07757. Children who reside in Monmouth Beach, Oceanport, Sea Bright and West Long Branch, whether they attend public, private or parochial school or are home schooled, are invited to play. Additionally, students who do not live in the Shore Regional sending district, but who attend public school in Monmouth Beach, Oceanport or West Long Branch are invited to play. WEST LONG BRANCH RESIDENTS MUST SIGN UP THROUGH THE WEST LONG BRANCH SPORTS ASSOCIATION!
PLEASE READ THE REGISTRATION FORM FOR MORE DETAIL ABOUT THE PROGRAM. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS AFTER READING THE REGISTRATION FORM, PLEASE E-MAIL US AT OBAHOOPS@ATT.NET.
REMINDER REGARDING SPORTS SPECS/GLASSES
As of July 11, 2006, the laws of the State of New Jersey require that participants in youth sports who wear eyeglasses must now wear PROTECTIVE SPORTS GLASSES while playing sports. Your child will NOT be permitted to participate in any game or practice while wearing non-protective sports glasses. This is the actual body of the law:
BE IT ENACTED by the Senate and General Assembly of the State of New Jersey:
C.5:18-1 Protective eyewear for certain children participating in sports.
1. Any child who wears corrective eyeglasses while participating in racquetball, squash,tennis, women's lacrosse, basketball, women's field hockey, badminton, paddleball, soccer,volleyball, baseball or softball, sponsored by a school, community or government agency, shallbe required to wear protective eyewear that meets the frames standards of the American Societyfor Testing and Materials (ASTM) F803 and lens standards of the American National StandardsInstitute (ANSI) Z87.1.C.5:18-2 Grants to assist low-income families.
2. The New Jersey Council on Physical Fitness and Sports, established under P.L.1999,c.265 (C.26:1A-37.5 et seq.) is authorized to provide grants to assist low-income families inpurchasing the protective eyewear. As used in this section, a "low-income family" means afamily which qualifies for low-income housing under the standards promulgated by the Councilon Affordable Housing pursuant to the "Fair Housing Act," P.L.1985, c.222 (C.52:27D-301 etal.).C.5:18-3 Immunity from civil liability.
3. No school, community or government agency engaged in organizing, teaching, refereeingor coaching a sports activity described in section 1 of this act shall be liable in a civil action forfailure to administer or enforce the provisions of this act.4. This act shall take effect six months after the date of enactment.Approved January 11, 2006.
2019-2020 Knights TRAVEL Basketball Registration Form
Click HERE for the 2019-2020 Knights Travel Basketball registration form.
DO NOT USE THIS FORM FOR REC BASKETBALL!
2016-2017 OBA REC BASKETBALL RULES - REVISED AS OF 11-14-2015
Click HERE for a copy of the rules for all three divisions as amended on 11/14/15.
MEN'S 35 AND OVER REC BASKETBALL PLAYED ON SUNDAYS 8:00 to 10:00 AM
Men's 35 and Older recreation basketball pick up games at Maple Place School are open to all Oceanport residents 35 and older on Sundays from 8:00 am to 10:00 am. Out of shape has beens and never wuzzes who live in Oceanport and who are at least 35 years of age are invited to play something that resembles basketball, except that it is played in very, very slow motion. Schoolyard rules (call your own fouls, all shots count as 1 point, losers sit, John Feiter is never wrong) apply.