- WELCOME ~ SUMMER 2018 REGISTRATION IS CURRENTLY ON HOLD
- PLEASE CHECK BACK OFTEN FOR UP-DATED INFORMATION
OPTIMIST CLUB OF NAPLES ~ JUNIOR SUMMER GOLF PROGRAM
~ REGISTRATION IS CURRENTLY ON HOLD ~
Due to Hurricane Irma and the extensive damage to MANY and MOST golf courses in our area, arranging support for our program is still being done. Please check back regularly and often as this site will be updated when the program details are available.
Sincere apology goes out to all for the delay in getting the 2018 Summer Golf Program up and running. Our circumstances this summer are quite challenging, but also out of our hands. We hope to have a positive and exciting announcement very soon!
WHEN: SUMMER 2018 - Dates ... To Be Determined
WHERE: To Be Determined
Saturday Program Dates:
Please Note: Our Junior golf program is a 7 sessions/lessons program ... meaning each junior receives 7 lessons over the course of the summer.
* Our junior golf program best serves ages 8 to 18, with participation based on maturity and readiness for the game. Juniors younger than age 8 will be evaluated and participation within the program will be the decision of the Optimist Club of Naples.
* Juniors receive 45 minutes to 1 hour of driving range, chipping and putting area practice with light instruction provided by and overseen by a golf professional. Instruction is basic and on etiquette, driving, chipping, and putting. All instruction is based on the age, ability, experience and readiness of each individual Junior, including the amount of instruction time extended to each program participant.
* Juniors will receive course play based on their level of knowledge/experience within the game, golfing 1, 3, 6, or 9 holes following their instruction and practice.
* Juniors MUST have adult supervision to participate within the program. Parent/Guardian participation is required to ensure SAFETY and success for all. Adults accompanying Juniors and wishing to golf along WITH their Junior will be offered a special rate of $20.00 for 9 holes; this includes cart and golf. (If your Junior wishes to participate within this program and you do NOT have someone to accompany them, please bring this to attention at registration, not following. There are a limited number of volunteers able to assist, to be assigned on a first-come - first served basis.)
* Registration is based on a "FIRST COME - FIRST SERVED" basis and availability is limited. Given the popularity of the program, it is recommended you register as soon as possible when registration is opened.
* ALL Juniors, parents, and guardians MUST dress appropriately, to the course standards and dress code! There will be NO EXCEPTIONS made on this rule! The course dress code will be provided to all accepted participants going forward.
* For further information on our above program or on our WEDNESDAY program, please e-mail ~ firstname.lastname@example.org