Please note. Once you play a game with a team you are on that teams roster. If you play for another team, that team will forfeit the game you played in and you will be dismissed from the league
RAIN OUTS WILL ALSO BE POSTED ON WEBSITE IF THEY ARE EARLY ENOUGH IN
2018 PAWLING MEN’S SOFTBALL LEAGUE
* The rain out number is 845-494-5159 before 6:00 pm.
* 1st game of the night, 10 minute grace period. 2nd game - game time forfeit time unless it is the 2nd game of a double header. In this case see below...
1. A GAME WILL NOT BE played, unless each team has a minimum of 9 players to start the game. 10TH Player can enter the game anytime. Once a team bats through the lineup the 11th player cannot be added.
IF TEAMS ARE PLAYING A DOUBLE HEADER AND THE 1ST GAME IS A FORFEIT BECAUSE OF NOT HAVING ENOUGH PLAYERS THE 2ND GAME WILL BE SCHEDULED TO START 15 MINUTES FROM THE TIME THE 1ST GAME WAS FORFEITED. WE DO NOT WAIT UNTIL 2ND GAME START TIME !
A. All first and last names must be PRINTED in the official book.
B. Only names in the official book will count for the playoff roster.
C. A player must play a minimum of EIGHT games to be eligible for
the playoffs in the Summer league. SEVEN games for the Fall League
2. A team is only allowed TWO courtesy runners per game. An exception
will be made only when a player is injured during the game. If the courtesy runner is on base and that player is due at bat, the courtesy runner will be called Out and then get their legal at bat.
3. Every at-bat is begun with a ONE ball ONE strike count.
4. A pitch is called a strike when it makes contact with a designated mat
behind home plate, and the batter has not swung.
5. If a player has TWO strikes, and a ball is batted foul, the foul will
counted as a THIRD strike, and the batter will be called out.
6. An orange bag will be present at first base. The batter must touch
the orange bag upon reaching first base, when there is a play
7. A pitch is considered illegal if it is higher then TWELVE feet or
lower than SIX feet. The umpire will call a ball as illegal while it
is in the air.
8. When a player is on base, the player may NOT leave the base until the
at-bat player has made contact with the ball.
A. Contact is defined as any ball which strikes the bat.
B. In the event a player leaves the base without contact being
made the player will be called out.
9. If a batter steps on home plate when making contact with the ball the
Batter will be called out, and play will be considered a dead ball.
10. In the event a player is ejected from a game for any reason, he will be
suspended for the next game his team plays.
11. The mercy rule is when a team is up 12 runs or more and the other
team has batted at least FIVE times or finishes an inning.
13. Each team is allowed a total of 4 home runs per game. Any
home run after that will be considered an out. Home Runs which go over the Fence DO NOT have to be run out. Batter and all base runners can simply step off the field