51st Annual Brian Waterbury Memorial Rock to Pier Run
We are going virtual. Due to the continuing uncertainty surrounding COVID-19, we have made the difficult decision to cancel our physical events this year. We will be offering the Rock to Pier Run (6miles) virtually.
How do you run virtually?
1. You pick a date between July 1 and July 31
2. You pick your location to run--your neighborhood, a local park or school or your treadmill and run/walk 6 miles. Be sure to observe social distancing and obey all applicable traffic laws.
3. On July 1 we will send you an email or text message (if you opted in) with a reminder to submit your finish time. There will be one other text message to remind you to submit your finish time.
4. We will mail you the commemorative t-shirt and any swag you purchased starting early August (or early).
5. Follow us on social media Facebook City of Morro Bay Recreation Services and Instagram @morrobayrecreation for trivia, games, and giveaways
6. Post your photos with the hashtag #BWIrun4rec
Please stay safe and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Registration has closed for this event.
Rock'n Around the Pier Half Marathon
Date for the 2020 event is July 25, 2020.
The course will begin at Morro Rock and follow on the Beach to the Cayucos Pier. Runners will go around the pier and head back to Morro Bay on the Beach. At Azure St (1.5 miles from the finish), runners will head off the beach (through soft sand) and onto the path for a 1 mile loop around the pond at Cloister's Park returning to the beach (through soft sand) at Azure and continuing to the finish line at the Rock.
Due to the uncertainty surrounding COVID-19, we have cancelled the half marathon for this year.
2020 Virtual Brian Waterbury Memorial Rock to Pier Run Sponsor
Thank you to the SLDC for your continued support of this event.
50th Annual Brian Waterbury Memorial Rock to Pier Run and Half Marathon
Thank you for participating in the 2019 Brian Waterbury Memorial Rock to Pier Run or Half Marathon.
Results are available on Central Valley Timing's website. www.centralvalleytiming.com/results.
Photos can be downloaded on the Captivating Photos Website. See below for the link.
Date for the 2020 Brian Waterbury Memorial Rock to Pier Run and Half Marathon is July 25, 2020.
Captivating Photos--2019 Race Photos
2019 Packet Pick-up
Packet Pickup will be held on Friday July 19 from 4:00-7:00 pm at the Morro Bay Community Center, 1001 Kennedy Way, Morro Bay or at Morro Rock on Saturday July 20 starting at 7:00 am.
Sponsors for the 2019 Brian Waterbury Memorial Rock to Pier Run:
Kitzman Culligan Water
3 ink Screenprinting
City of Morro Bay
Bay Osos Kiwanis
California Half and Full Marathon Series
Bob's Red Mill
Trail Runner Magazine
Brian Waterbury Memorial Rock to Pier Fun Run Course Map
Morro Bay Tourism Bureau
Course Records for the Brian Waterbury Memorial Rock to Pier Fun Run are:
Men's-- 29:47 posted by Cameron Miller in 2015
Women's--34:53 posted by Linda Somer Smith in 2003.
Course Records for the Rock'n Around the Pier Half Marathon are:
Men's--1:11.51 posted by Cameron Miller in 2012
Women's--1:31:43 posted by Rebecca Cutler in 2018