- EXCELLENCE ON AND OFF THE FIELD
- SACHEM PRIDE
- WELCOME TO THE 2019 SEASON!
- FOOTBALL AND CHEER PROGRAM
- WE LOVE SAUGUS FOOTBALL AND CHEER
October Schedule Updates (10/17/19 @ 5 pm)
U12 @ 10am
U14 @ 11:30
Cancer PINK OUT mission to eliminate breast cancer not only in Saugus but around the world!!
Sunday October 20th at Reading
U8 @ Cambridge time TBD
U10 @ Reading 8:30am
U12 @ Reading 10am
U14 @ Reading 11:30
We want to show how Saugus can PINK OUT Breast Cancer!!
🎀💞🎀💞🎀EVERYONE IN PINK- 🎀💞🎀💞🎀
Shirts for sale $15
Bracelets $3 each or 2 for $5
100% profit can be made to donate to our local Dana Farber!
UNITED WE WIN!!
Saugus Pop Warner Cheer and Football
Sports Code of Conduct
The essential elements of character building and ethics in sports are embodied in the concept of sportsmanship and core principals: trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, fairness, caring and good citizenship. The highest potential of sports is achieved when competition reflects these "six pillars of character."
We agree to:
1. not force children to participate in sports
2. remember that children participate to have fun
3. coach to all kids, no matter the level of ability and to promote safety for each and every athlete
4. learn and teach the rules of the game and the policies of the association and league
5. be positive role models for our children and to encourage sportsmanship by showing respect and courtesy
6. not engage in any kind of unsportsmanship-like conduct
7. not encourage any behaviors or practices that would endanger the health and well being of our athletes
8. teach our children to play by the rules and to resolve conflicts without resorting to hostility or violence
9. demand that our children treat others (players, coaches, officials, board members, volunteers and spectators) with respect regardless of race, creed, sex or ability
10. teach our children that doing one's best is more important than winning so that our children will never feel defeated by the outcome of a game or his/her performance
11. praise our children for competing fairly and trying hard, and make our children feel like winners every time
12. never ridicule or yell at any athlete for making a mistake or for losing a competition
13. emphasize skill development and practice, and how they benefit children over winning every time
14. promote the emotional and physical well being of the athletes ahead of any personal desire to win
15. respect the officials and coaches and their authority during games and competitions and to never question a call
16. demand a sports environment for our children that is free from drugs, tobacco, vape products, and alcohol and we will refrain from their use at all sporting events
17. refrain from coaching our children during games and practices, and to let designated team coaches coach
18. refrain from disrespecting or shaming anyone (player, coach, administrator, opponent, or referee) and to never criticize anyone in social media or in a public forum
Cheer Competition Volunteer Sign Up
Well here it is Saugus Families!
The 2019 SPW Cheer Competition Season
October 5th @ Lawrence High School
October 26th @ Lowell Auditorium
They have worked hard this year preparing for their success. Each team has two minutes and thirty seconds to show the judges their best.
What do they need to succeed?
United We Win
Each year Eastern Massachusetts requires our teams to provide 5 volunteers to help execute the competition plan. Last year, our volunteers helped with ushering players onto the mats, checking tickets, directing audience members and managing the crowd at key moments between routines. The requirements are you show up on time and stay throughout the entire session. Don’t worry we won’t leave without you. We all stay to the end!
Not sending volunteers to a cheer event may result in the organization forfeiting the EMass donation given to each player for Florida. This includes football players as well.
Sign up information from the League:
Below is a link to sign up. Please be sure to have each volunteer sign up through the link. Anyone who DOES NOT sign up through the link, may not have an assigned job when arriving on competition day thus leading to the organization not getting credit. I would like to avoid this and want to ensure every volunteer is accounted for. Should you have any trouble or need any help, please do not hesitate to let me know. Thank you all in advance for your help!! Have a great rest of your day!!
Click the link to sign up
It is with a heavy heart, we want to give Dante Vazquez family of our U10 football team our deepest condolences. We lost one of our biggest football sideline fans and the father of a dedicated football player. Louie volunteered every Sunday to hold the chains because he loved being that close to the game and had a voice that let you know the game started from a mile away. He will be GREATLY missed by all of our families. We will always make sure the love and passion for the game of football is thriving for Dante and our league for years to come!
The Saugus Pop Warner Family
Through support of our awesome town, at the Senior Center 35+ athletes raised over $1,000 at our car wash last Saturday!!!
Family Pizza Night
Thanks to the support of J&Ms of Saugus we raised over $200 at our first family pizza night last week!!
PIZZA NIGHT has moved to WEDNESDAY this week because there is a Scrimmage on Thursday!
Please bring bills less that $10 as change is minimal!
We hope to continue pizza night every Thursday to help give parents a break from 8pm cooking while fundraising for the league!!!! WIN WIN!
$2 for 1 slice of pizza $1 Water
Businesses can sponsor this event for $150 and get your business sign placed at the pizza table and on our website as a sponsor! Email email@example.com for more details.
Our first canning weekend brought in over $2,500!! Awesome way to start the season!!
Next canning dates will be 9/13 and 9/14 look for the sign up coming soon.
SAVE THE DATE 10/13 at Breakaway. Raffles, prizes, and fun!