**Email Sent to All 2020 Sawnee Mountain Park Rec Baseball/Softball Registrants**
Sawnee Mountain Park Families,
First and foremost, we hope all our Sawnee Mountain families are doing well and staying safe during this unprecedented time for our county, state, and country.
In recent days, we received word from our county officials that, unfortunately, the spring 2020 recreation softball and baseball season has been canceled. Forsyth County Parks and Rec Department investigated all options to determine if the season could be played, but numerous factors led to the ultimate decision to cancel the season. The booster club and coaches are saddened by this decision, but understand it’s in the best interest of everyone’s safety. Below is an excerpt of what we received from the county:
“Yesterday the County Board of Commissioners directed that all FCPRD facilities and fields are closed until further notice, with the exception of walking trails and passive green spaces. (https://www.forsythco.com/covid-19.) Also, the BOC is mandating that most county employees stay/work from home from March 30 through April 26. The Athletic Staff is included in that mandate. This means that all FCPRD programs and activities will be shutdown through April 26 at the least. After discussion with our superiors, we are officially & regretfully cancelling the spring rec. baseball & softball season for 2020.”
We have been directed by the county to process refunds for registration fees minus our sunk costs (ie. uniforms, balls, park insurance, etc). If you registered one participant at our standard rate of $160, you will be eligible for a $100.00 refund. If you registered two or more participants at the reduced $140 rate, you will be eligible for a $80.00 per participant refund. Thank you for your understanding in this manner.
To request your refund, please follow the below steps and include ALL required information:
- Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject entitled: “SMP Refund Request for <participant’s name>”. Example: SMP Refund Request for John Smith
- In the email, please include:
- Participant’s name
- Participant’s age group
- Name for refund check to be made payable
- Address for refund check to be mailed
- Contact phone number (only to be used if any clarification is needed)
- We will reply via email once your refund request has been submitted with our bank.
- Refund checks take approx.. 5-7 business days to arrive once we enter your request with our bank.
- The refund check will come from Wells Fargo (it might look like junk mail, but please do not discard!).
- Once your request is received, we will do our best to process your payment in a timely manner. While we are setup to handle the yearly registration process, handling mass refunds is new to us so please be patient!
Again, we are heartbroken by this decision, but FCPRD has made all decisions to protect the health and safety of all players and family members. We appreciate every Sawnee Mountain family and look forward to seeing you for the Spring 2021 Season.
Sawnee Mountain Park Booster Club
2020 Spring Baseball / Softball Registration
Online Registration will be open through Wednesday 1/22. Please follow the below link to access our registration site. Once there, please click on the "Register Now" button where you'll be directed to create a new account and complete the registration process.
***Please click HERE for online registration***
On-site registration will also be available during the below dates and times:
JANUARY 11th - 10am to 2pm
JANUARY 12th - 2pm to 4pm
JANUARY 18th - 10am to 2pm
JANUARY 19th - 2pm to 4pm
SAWNEE MOUNTAIN PARK COMMUNITY BUILDING
3995 WATSON ROAD
CUMMING GA 30040
Cost is $160 per player and $140 for each additional player from the same household.
(Approved payment methods: Credit Card, Check, or Cash)
FOR UPDATED INFORMATION ON SAWNEE MOUNTAIN PARK
PLEASE FOLLOW US ON
SAWNEE MOUNTAIN PARK