- REST IN PEACE: WAYNE PODMEYER, CHRIS TROTTA, DOUG HITZLER, JOE SCICUTELLA, CHRISTINE DIGNEY,
- ANTHONY SECONDINO AND BILL NIEMAN
Fall BASEBALL 2018
We will once again offer a Fall BASEBALL program.
Fall BASEBALL is open to baseball players born between December 1, 2007 and November 30, 2010. Players MUST live within the Seaford School District boundaries and/or attend a school located in Seaford.
- 8 game season with Playoffs
- Games will be played on Mondays and Saturdays
- Season starts in mid-September and runs through mid-October
- All players will play in the same division; 46ft pitching distance, 60ft base paths (Little League field); 6 inning games
- Each player will be provided with a hat and shirt
Registration Fee: $90.00
Unfortunately due to limited interest in the past, we will not be opening registrations to other age groups or for Softball. We must also limit registration to these age groups for safety reasons, as all players will be playing in the same division.
Registrations are open and can be done online at https://www.leaguelineup.com/formpreview.asp?sid=290646965&url=seafordll&FormID=129940
If you are interested in coaching, please fill out a coaching application here: https://www.leaguelineup.com/formpreview.asp?sid=290646965&url=seafordll&FormID=129955
There will NOT be an in-person registration for this program. All registrations must be done online.
Payments can be made by credit card (via paypal) or by check.
Make checks payable to Seaford Little League and mail to:
Seaford Little League
PO Box 1714
Seaford, NY 11783
Payments MUST be received by 8/27/18
Registration will close on Friday 8/24/2018
Photo Gallery from 2018 Championship Saturday!
Baseball Pitching Rules
The following charts outline Seaford Little League's Baseball pitching rules which MUST be followed at all times:
Spring 2018 Seaford Little League Ages and Divisions
Each player's Little League "Baseball" or "Softball" age may not coincide with his/her actual age. Use the chart below to determine your Little League baseball or softball age, and Seaford Little League division for the upcoming season.
Players are NOT allowed to "play down" (players cannot play in divisions comprised of younger players), per Little League rules.
For more information, visit: http://www.littleleague.org/media/llnewsarchive/2015/September-December/llb-age-determination-date.htm
Seaford Little League History
The Seaford Little League is always looking for articles, items, photos, etc from the inception of the Seaford Little League in 1952 through today. The history of the Seaford Little League is important and we would like to display these items on our website and/or in the Seaford Little League Office at Seamans Neck Park for our community to see. If you have any Seaford Little League history that you can share with us, please email the Seaford Little League @ email@example.com We can scan a copy of your article or photo if you want, so that you can still keep your original. We would greatly appreciate anything that you could share with us.
Click on the Seaford Little League History link in the main menu area at the top of this page to see articles and photos from years past.
We would like to thank all of our sponsors. Please visit and patronize our sponsors.
Little League Pledges
Little League Players Pledge
I trust in God
I love my country
And will respect its laws
I will play fair
And strive to win
But win or lose
I will always do my best
Little League Parent/Volunteer Pledge
I will teach all children to play fair and do their best
I will positively support all managers, coaches and players
I will respect the decision of the umpires
I will praise a good effort despite the outcome of the game
Code of Conduct:
Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with the Seaford Little League Code Of Conduct Policy.
SEAFORD LITTLE LEAGUE CODE OF CONDUCT POLICY:
The Seaford Little League will have “zero tolerance” when it comes to the conduct of managers, coaches, players, umpires, parents, and spectators. This policy is to insure that all persons (parents, siblings, players, manager’s, coaches, and umpires) can attend a Seaford Little League function and enjoy themselves without being subjected to individuals that can ruin the enjoyment for all. Coaches must maintain a positive behavior before, during, and after any Seaford Little League function.
In no way are any of the following standards meant to deter coaches from successfully directing their game,nor are any of the rules prohibiting spectators from positively supporting their team.
1. The Board of Directors shall have the authority to suspend, discharge, or discipline any player, manager, coach, umpire, league officer, parent, or other person whose conduct is in violation of Little League International and the Seaford Little League Rules and Regulations. Any unsportsmanlike conduct from any individual can lead to a one game suspension or additional suspended games based on a review of this conduct by the Seaford Little League Board. Unsportsmanlike conduct is considered detrimental to the best interest of our league
2. Profanity and negative comments directed at managers, coaches, players, umpires, other spectators and league officials will result in the immediate removal of the offender. If a spectator(s) are involved, they will be asked to leave the park immediately by any member of the Seaford Little League Board of Directors which is in attendance. If an individual refuses to leave, the game will be stopped and the local law enforcement will be called. The league has the responsibility to manage the facilities in a safe and professional manner and has the authority to remove individuals from the park that create behavior problems that interfere with the safe operation of the facility.
3. Team personnel (managers, coaches and players) that are ejected from a game must leave the playing field immediately and exit the area. Suspended persons will receive an automatic one (1) game suspension. The Seaford Little League Board can add additional suspension of games based on the review of this conduct.
4. Any physical altercations involving spectators, managers, coaches, players, parents, umpires and leagues officials will result in the offender being immediately removed from the area and possible criminal charges filed. Offenders will NOT BE PERMITTED to return to any Seaford Little League game or function for the remainder of the season (including post-season and tournament play) until The Seaford Little League Board reviews the incident.
5. Parents are requested not to communicate excessively with the players during the game. This interferes with the manager and coaches ability to direct the team.
6. The use of alcoholic beverages and tobacco products are strictly prohibited at the playing field. All rules and regulations which are posted by the Parks Department must be followed.
7. Parents are NOT allowed in the dugout or bench area during the game. Only players and coaches are allowed in the dugout and bench area
Seaford Little League Text Alert System
For the 2018 season we are again using a text alert system to provide late breaking CRITICAL information to our participants for rainouts and other game delays/cancellations. Anyone with a cell phone can sign up for this FREE service (be aware that your carrier may charge you for the text messages).
If you signed up for the text alert in the past you do NOT need to sign back up again, the text alert system carries over year to year.
To help you with the signup process we have created an illustrated guide which can be downloaded here http://www.leaguelineup.com/seafordll/files/sll_textalerts.pdf
Once you are ready to join our text alert system click this link http://www.leaguelineup.com/myll_home_alerts_landing.asp?addurl=seafordll&addid=62057
|Fall Baseball 2018|
|Championship Saturday 2018 Photo Gallery|
|POSTPONED GAMES / RAIN OUT NOTIFICATIONS|
|Spring 2018 Seaford Little League Ages and Divisions|
|Seaford Little League Contact Information|
Get important messages from Seaford Little League by Text & Email
|2018 Seaford Little League Fall Baseball Player Registration|