- REST IN PEACE: WAYNE PODMEYER, CHRIS TROTTA, DOUG HITZLER, JOE SCICUTELLA, CHRISTINE DIGNEY,
- ANTHONY SECONDINO AND BILL NIEMAN
Board Member positions for the 2020 Season are available! Volunteer your time to our great organization and help provide a first-class baseball and softball experience to the boys and girls of Seaford!
Various positions available, including division directors and other executive board positions.
Elections for executive board positions and appointments for other positions to take place in October.
If interested, contact us for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org
Seaford Little League History
The Seaford Little League is always looking for articles, items, photos, etc from the inception of the Seaford Little League in 1952 through today. The history of the Seaford Little League is important and we would like to display these items on our website and/or in the Seaford Little League Office at Seamans Neck Park for our community to see. If you have any Seaford Little League history that you can share with us, please email the Seaford Little League @ email@example.com We can scan a copy of your article or photo if you want, so that you can still keep your original. We would greatly appreciate anything that you could share with us.
Click on the Seaford Little League History link in the main menu area at the top of this page to see articles and photos from years past.
2019 Fall Update and 2020 Spring Baseball and Softball
Seaford Little League will NOT be offering a Fall Baseball or Softball program for the Fall 2019 season. While our Fall seasons have offered players of various ages a fun and relaxed environment to play ball, interest/participation has declined consistently over the past few years. We don't necessarily view this as a bad sign, as we attribute this to the strong success of many of the other Fall intramural and interscholastic sports in our town, as well as a parental focus on academics at the hectic start of the new school year.
Conversely, our Spring baseball and softball programs have continued to grow with 600+ boys and girls participating in our various age divisions, and many of our younger divisions, the future of our great game, seeing participation growth this past season. While we realize the lack of a Fall season will be a disappointment for some, we are committed to focusing all of our efforts on once again offering a best-in-class Spring Little League season in 2020!
Stay tuned to this website, as well as our Facebook page: @seafordlittleleague, in September/October for important updates and Registration details for our 2020 Season!
We would like to thank all of our sponsors. Please visit and patronize our sponsors.
Little League Pledges
Little League Players Pledge
I trust in God
I love my country
And will respect its laws
I will play fair
And strive to win
But win or lose
I will always do my best
Little League Parent/Volunteer Pledge
I will teach all children to play fair and do their best
I will positively support all managers, coaches and players
I will respect the decision of the umpires
I will praise a good effort despite the outcome of the game
Code of Conduct:
Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with the Seaford Little League Code Of Conduct Policy.
SEAFORD LITTLE LEAGUE CODE OF CONDUCT POLICY:
The Seaford Little League will have “zero tolerance” when it comes to the conduct of managers, coaches, players, umpires, parents, and spectators. This policy is to insure that all persons (parents, siblings, players, manager’s, coaches, and umpires) can attend a Seaford Little League function and enjoy themselves without being subjected to individuals that can ruin the enjoyment for all. Coaches must maintain a positive behavior before, during, and after any Seaford Little League function.
In no way are any of the following standards meant to deter coaches from successfully directing their game,nor are any of the rules prohibiting spectators from positively supporting their team.
1. The Board of Directors shall have the authority to suspend, discharge, or discipline any player, manager, coach, umpire, league officer, parent, or other person whose conduct is in violation of Little League International and the Seaford Little League Rules and Regulations. Any unsportsmanlike conduct from any individual can lead to a one game suspension or additional suspended games based on a review of this conduct by the Seaford Little League Board. Unsportsmanlike conduct is considered detrimental to the best interest of our league
2. Profanity and negative comments directed at managers, coaches, players, umpires, other spectators and league officials will result in the immediate removal of the offender. If a spectator(s) are involved, they will be asked to leave the park immediately by any member of the Seaford Little League Board of Directors which is in attendance. If an individual refuses to leave, the game will be stopped and the local law enforcement will be called. The league has the responsibility to manage the facilities in a safe and professional manner and has the authority to remove individuals from the park that create behavior problems that interfere with the safe operation of the facility.
3. Team personnel (managers, coaches and players) that are ejected from a game must leave the playing field immediately and exit the area. Suspended persons will receive an automatic one (1) game suspension. The Seaford Little League Board can add additional suspension of games based on the review of this conduct.
4. Any physical altercations involving spectators, managers, coaches, players, parents, umpires and leagues officials will result in the offender being immediately removed from the area and possible criminal charges filed. Offenders will NOT BE PERMITTED to return to any Seaford Little League game or function for the remainder of the season (including post-season and tournament play) until The Seaford Little League Board reviews the incident.
5. Parents are requested not to communicate excessively with the players during the game. This interferes with the manager and coaches ability to direct the team.
6. The use of alcoholic beverages and tobacco products are strictly prohibited at the playing field. All rules and regulations which are posted by the Parks Department must be followed.
7. Parents are NOT allowed in the dugout or bench area during the game. Only players and coaches are allowed in the dugout and bench area
Seaford Little League Text Alert System
For the 2019 season we are again using a text alert system to provide late breaking CRITICAL information to our participants for rainouts and other game delays/cancellations. Anyone with a cell phone can sign up for this FREE service (be aware that your carrier may charge you for the text messages).
If you signed up for the text alert in the past you do NOT need to sign back up again, the text alert system carries over year to year.
To help you with the signup process we have created an illustrated guide which can be downloaded here http://www.leaguelineup.com/seafordll/files/sll_textalerts.pdf
Once you are ready to join our text alert system click this link http://www.leaguelineup.com/myll_home_alerts_landing.asp?addurl=seafordll&addid=62057
|2019 Fall Update and 2020 Spring Baseball and Softball|
|Seaford Little League Contact Information|
Get important messages from Seaford Little League by Text & Email