- REST IN PEACE: WAYNE PODMEYER, CHRIS TROTTA, DOUG HITZLER, JOE SCICUTELLA, CHRISTINE DIGNEY,
- ANTHONY SECONDINO AND BILL NIEMAN
2020 SPRING SEASON CANCELLED
After much consideration, we are disappointed to announce that we are officially cancelling our 2020 Spring and Summer Season. We have made every attempt to delay the start of the season, while keeping the safety and health of all involved as our #1 priority. However, at this point, it just wouldn't be possible to put the players on the field in the near future.
Unfortunately, with the Governor's latest announcements that our region would not begin to phase into any sort of meaningful opening within the next few weeks, which then delays our use of field space in our local County, Town and School facilities, we cannot begin to schedule games anytime soon.
We know this news is just as disappointing for you as it is for us, but we trust everyone understands that if it were possible to allow the kids to play ball, we would.
It has always been our intention to offer fair options to families. As you can imagine, some expenses related to launching our season have already been incurred. Planning for our Spring season begins in the Fall, and a large number of expenses are incurred between January and March. As a non-profit organization, the only funds used by the league to operate a season, as well as make longer-term capital improvements to our operations, are gathered through registration fees and donations from our generous sponsors. Fortunately, many supplies, inventory and services can be repurposed next year. However, some cannot.
With that said, at this point, if you did not request a refund by the deadline of May 29th, you will be receiving a credit for 100% of the registration fee paid for this cancelled season, to be put towards registration for the 2021 Spring Season.
AS WE STATED IN OUR MULTIPLE EMAILS, ON OUR FACEBOOK PAGE AND ON THIS WEBSITE, NO REFUND REQUESTS (FOR 75% OF THIS YEAR'S FEE) WERE TO BE ACCEPTED AFTER THE MAY 29TH DEADLINE.
Please allow 3-4 weeks for the processing of all refund requests.
Please email us at email@example.com if you have any questions.
As we’ve said before, we know this is a frustrating and confusing time for our community, so we appreciate everyone's understanding as we get through these times together, continue to be flexible, and keep the health and safety of all our family and friends as our top priority.
SEAFORD PRIDE, SEAFORD STRONG. HERE'S TO THE FUTURE OF OUR GAME, FOR OUR CHILDREN. WE WILL BE ON THE FIELD AGAIN, WE PROMISE!
2020 Spring Seaford Little League Ages and Division Placement
Each player's Little League "Baseball" or "Softball" age may not coincide with his/her actual age. Use the chart below to determine your Little League baseball or softball age, and tentative division placement for the 2020 season. Divisions may be adjusted based on enrollment after the registration period ends in late January.
Players are NOT allowed to "play down" (players cannot play in divisions comprised of younger players), per Little League rules.
For more information, visit: https://www.littleleague.org/play-little-league/determine-league-age/
Baseball Pitching Rules
The following charts outline Seaford Little League's Baseball pitching rules which MUST be followed at all times:
Seaford Little League Sponsorships
Seaford Little League would not be able to provide a best-in-class experience for the children of the Seaford area without the generous support of its Sponsors. Please visit and patronize the local and large businesses whom support us year after year! For a list of our current sponsors, click this link: 2020 Seaford Little League Sponsors
If you'd like more information or to become a Sponsor of Seaford Little League for the 2020 Season, download our Sponsorship Brochure
Seaford Little League History
The Seaford Little League is always looking for articles, items, photos, etc from the inception of the Seaford Little League in 1952 through today. The history of the Seaford Little League is important and we would like to display these items on our website and/or in the Seaford Little League Office at Seamans Neck Park for our community to see. If you have any Seaford Little League history that you can share with us, please email the Seaford Little League @ firstname.lastname@example.org We can scan a copy of your article or photo if you want, so that you can still keep your original. We would greatly appreciate anything that you could share with us.
Click on the Seaford Little League History link in the main menu area at the top of this page to see articles and photos from years past.
Little League Pledges
Little League Players Pledge
I trust in God
I love my country
And will respect its laws
I will play fair
And strive to win
But win or lose
I will always do my best
Little League Parent/Volunteer Pledge
I will teach all children to play fair and do their best
I will positively support all managers, coaches and players
I will respect the decision of the umpires
I will praise a good effort despite the outcome of the game
Code of Conduct:
Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with the Seaford Little League Code Of Conduct Policy.
SEAFORD LITTLE LEAGUE CODE OF CONDUCT POLICY:
The Seaford Little League will have “zero tolerance” when it comes to the conduct of managers, coaches, players, umpires, parents, and spectators. This policy is to insure that all persons (parents, siblings, players, manager’s, coaches, and umpires) can attend a Seaford Little League function and enjoy themselves without being subjected to individuals that can ruin the enjoyment for all. Coaches must maintain a positive behavior before, during, and after any Seaford Little League function.
In no way are any of the following standards meant to deter coaches from successfully directing their game,nor are any of the rules prohibiting spectators from positively supporting their team.
1. The Board of Directors shall have the authority to suspend, discharge, or discipline any player, manager, coach, umpire, league officer, parent, or other person whose conduct is in violation of Little League International and the Seaford Little League Rules and Regulations. Any unsportsmanlike conduct from any individual can lead to a one game suspension or additional suspended games based on a review of this conduct by the Seaford Little League Board. Unsportsmanlike conduct is considered detrimental to the best interest of our league
2. Profanity and negative comments directed at managers, coaches, players, umpires, other spectators and league officials will result in the immediate removal of the offender. If a spectator(s) are involved, they will be asked to leave the park immediately by any member of the Seaford Little League Board of Directors which is in attendance. If an individual refuses to leave, the game will be stopped and the local law enforcement will be called. The league has the responsibility to manage the facilities in a safe and professional manner and has the authority to remove individuals from the park that create behavior problems that interfere with the safe operation of the facility.
3. Team personnel (managers, coaches and players) that are ejected from a game must leave the playing field immediately and exit the area. Suspended persons will receive an automatic one (1) game suspension. The Seaford Little League Board can add additional suspension of games based on the review of this conduct.
4. Any physical altercations involving spectators, managers, coaches, players, parents, umpires and leagues officials will result in the offender being immediately removed from the area and possible criminal charges filed. Offenders will NOT BE PERMITTED to return to any Seaford Little League game or function for the remainder of the season (including post-season and tournament play) until The Seaford Little League Board reviews the incident.
5. Parents are requested not to communicate excessively with the players during the game. This interferes with the manager and coaches ability to direct the team.
6. The use of alcoholic beverages and tobacco products are strictly prohibited at the playing field. All rules and regulations which are posted by the Parks Department must be followed.
7. Parents are NOT allowed in the dugout or bench area during the game. Only players and coaches are allowed in the dugout and bench area
Seaford Little League Text Alert System
For the 2019 season we are again using a text alert system to provide late breaking CRITICAL information to our participants for rainouts and other game delays/cancellations. Anyone with a cell phone can sign up for this FREE service (be aware that your carrier may charge you for the text messages).
If you signed up for the text alert in the past you do NOT need to sign back up again, the text alert system carries over year to year.
To help you with the signup process we have created an illustrated guide which can be downloaded here http://www.leaguelineup.com/seafordll/files/sll_textalerts.pdf
Once you are ready to join our text alert system click this link http://www.leaguelineup.com/myll_home_alerts_landing.asp?addurl=seafordll&addid=62057
Get important messages from Seaford Little League by Text & Email