Seymour Baseball Association
SEYMOUR BASEBALL UPDATE
The SBA board is announcing today that our T-Ball, PeeWee, 7/8, 9/10, and 11/12 local and league programs are CANCELLED for the summer of 2020 out of concern for the health of our players, coaches, and fans.
Although we discussed at length the possibility of adopting the WEDC and CDC guidelines to protect the health of all parties, we came to the realization that enforcing social distancing and sanitizing measures for those large groups during the season would be difficult given our limited resources. Additionally, the younger age groups may share equipment and have a tendency not to keep their hands to themselves. We felt it was not fair to ask the volunteer coaches to enforce virus protection guidelines while trying to coach our youth players.
Black Creek, Bonduel, and Clintonville have cancelled their baseball programs for the summer, while Pulaski has cancelled their tournaments and traveling teams. Our 14U and 15U teams have decided not to compete in league activities this summer. Many other communities have also cancelled their tournaments, while others are in a holding pattern awaiting approval from their school districts to use their diamonds. The fact that Legion baseball cancelled all of their programs nationwide was a major factor in our decision to cancel the programs listed above.
We have not yet decided on whether to cancel our youth tournament re-scheduled for the weekend of August 15, or whether to cancel participation in local tournaments for our traveling teams. Our intention is to survey the parents of our tournament players to gauge their concerns about their sons participating in tournaments in the area before making a final decision. We have not yet received any communication form the cities hosting tournaments on what guidelines they intend to use for their events.
All families who had signed up for any of the cancelled programs will receive a refund through our website and the money will be deposited back into your credit card account. You will not need to do anything top receive your refund.
Finally, the board has discussed the possibility of holding baseball camps later this summer or early fall for the players affected by the cancellations. However, in order to host those camps, we would need additional volunteers to help enforce social distancing and sanitation procedures while the coaches provide baseball instruction for those limited weekend dates.
SEYMOUR BASEBALL UPDATE
The Seymour Youth Baseball Tournament has been postponed until the weekend of Aug 14-16.
This decision was reached on the basis of the following reasons:
1) The uncertainty of the pandemic.
2) The probable lack of confidence on the part of all families as to the safety of attending a large group event at this time.
3) The school district could not have given us permission to use the district's diamonds until July 1 based on the WIAA ruling cancelling spring sports.
NO decision has been made at this time in regards to the start of the youth baseball season. The board will continue to monitor the state restrictions and when it is deemed safe to hold large group events, we will notify all families of the start date for our programs.
If you have any questions, please contact us through our Facebook page or via the website.
The SBA Mattress Sale Fundraiser has been rescheduled for Sat Sept 12 from 10am-4:30pm.
UPDATE ON SEYMOUR YOUTH BASEBALL SEASON
1) The Parent/League Informational Meeting scheduled for Wednesday April 15 is POSTPONED until further notice due to the current corona virus public health emergency.
2) The Baseball Association will continue to support all of the current local, state, and national recommendations to limit the spread of the corona virus. Most important among these is social distancing and the safer-at-home order.
3) Any and all baseball activities to include meetings, practices, and games are POSTPONED until further notice.
4) Our intention is to still have a baseball season once it is again safe to hold practices and games, even if that means our season would start later. You will be notified when baseball activities would start once the threat of the corona virus has subsided.
5) If you have any questions, please leave a message on our website or facebook page, and we will respond in a timely manner.
REMINDER THAT REGISTRATION FOR SEYMOUR YOUTH BASEBALL IS STILL OPEN. HOWEVER, A $20 LATE FEE WILL BE CHARGED SINCE THE DATE OF REGISTRATION WOULD BE PAST THE ORIGINAL FEB. 1 CUTOFF.
Please consider a donation.