- South Hanover Baseball and Softball Day @ DICK's Sporting Goods 20% off store - Sunday, March 24th
- Picture info coming soon!
- Teams have been put together. Coaches should be contacting you soon!
- Coming Soon - Uniform Distribution March 24th
- Field Maintenance Day - mid-March - Details coming soon!
South Hanover Baseball and Softball Association
Join us for South Hanover Baseball and Softball Day at the Harrisburg Senators Game
Saturday, April 20, 2019
Game Time: 1 PM Gates Open: noon
Picnic Food 12 - 2 PM
Picnic Menu: ALL YOU CAN EAT hamburgers, hot dogs, BBQ chicken, baked beans, mac and cheese, cole slaw, chips, cookies, soda and water
*Stand on the field for the NATIONAL ANTHEM
*Youth T-Shirt Giveaway to First 750 kids 12 and under
*Post Game HELICOPTER CANDY DROP
Child Tickets (ages 4-12) $16
Adult Tickets (ages 13+) $27
Purchase by April 5th
2019 Baseball and Softball registration is now CLOSED unless you were previously signed up on the Hummelstown LDBA website. If so, you may email email@example.com for the registration form, waiver and payment options.
Boys and Girls, Kindergarten/Age 5 through Age 7: Basic instruction; no scores kept. Coaches pitch, then use of a tee, if needed. Teams play other South Hanover teams. All games played at Grandview fields.
- Colts: Ages 7-8. This is a transitional step between T-Ball and Ponies where Coaches will pitch until approximately mid season, then kids will pitch. No official scores kept; emphasis on learning fundamentals.
- Ponies: Ages 9-10. More competition is introduced. Scores are kept, no coach pitching, stealing introduced mid season, and post-season play with All-Stars are introduced.
- Midgets: Ages 11-12. Continue to build baseball skills through competitive activity; Post-season play to include All-Stars and potentially tournaments.
- 6-U: Ages 4-6. Basic softball skills of throwing and catching, hitting, fielding and base running. Coach will pitch 6 balls, then bring out the tee, if needed, to complete the at-bat. Coaches will be placed behind the catcher and in the field to help instruct and keep the game moving faster. 1 hour time limit or 3 inning max. All players bat each inning. No scores are reported.
- 8-U: Ages 6-8. Build upon the basic softball skills of hitting, fielding and base running. Girls will START pitching 3 balls per batter, with coach assistance, and coach will then pitch 3 balls to complete the at-bat. Coaches will be placed behind the catcher as well to keep the game moving faster. No scores are reported.
- 10-U: Ages 8-10. Competitive softball environment and more rules will be introduced. Umpires will be used and girls will pitch without any assistance from the coaches. In the event of 4 walks in a single inning, coach will inherit strike count and pitch the remainder of the at-bat. Next batter will return to player pitch. ASA umpires will be used.
- 12-U: Ages 10-12. Increased competitive nature from the 10-U division and will continue to introduce more rules (consecutive base stealing, infield fly rule, etc.). ASA umpires will be used. Players will pitch without the assistance the coaches.
- 14U: Ages 12-14. Increased competitive nature from the 12-U division and will continue to enforce the ESFPL rules. ASA umpires will be used.
NOTE: League ages for the upcoming season are determined by December 31, 2018.
All teams are part of the East Shore Fast Pitch League.
Additional Playing Opportunities:
- Fall Ball: Ages 8 to 15; Season runs from late August through October.
- Lower Dauphin Travel & All-Star Baseball: Tournament baseball for ages 8-U to 13-U. Visit www.leaguelineup.com/ldtaba for more information.