- New this year a Sandlot team, 14u.
Welcome to the Home of
Purpose of American Legion Baseball
1. To Inculcate in youth a better understanding of the American way of life and to promote the principles of 10 percent Americanism.
2. To instill to the nation's youth a sincere desire to develop within themselves a feeling of citizenship, sportsmanship, loyalty, and team spirit.
3. To aid in the improvement and development of the physical fitness of our country's youth.
4 To build for the nation's future through our youth.
Post 223 Baseball will be holding an open tryout every Sunday in April, 9 am to noon at the Firehouse field in Sykesville. Go to forms and register before you show up, if you would like to tryout for the Spring 2020 team.
The dugouts at the field are complete, and we have a nice new sign. Drive by the field and look at it's nice new look. We would like to send out a huge thank you to Salerno's Restaurant and Catering for the support.
Interested in playing with Post 223 summer of 2020, email Coach George to set up a time to come tryout. Coach George can be reached at contact coach or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Post 223 sent Jarrod McConnell, Trevor Coombs, Ryder Chalk, along with Coach Jeff Facto to the All Star game at the Bowie Baysox Stadium.
Post 223 baseball is pleased to announce that George Richardson Jr will be the head coach for the Senior team for the 2020 spring season. We would like to give Coach Todd Fletcher a big thank you for coaching the team for the past couple season. He will not be leaving the program he will be helping in an Administrative role for the Post 223 baseball. I am sure you will still see him on the field at tryouts and practices. Thanks Coach Todd.
Congratulations to our College Bound Seniors! Our program would like to congratulate these 9 young men on taking the next step in their education (5 will play college baseball). In addition to these players, and our hundreds of alumni, we also have another 10 players currently participating on college baseball teams who have played in our program.
- James Andrews - Carroll Community College
- Deion Blackburn - Catonsville Community College (will play baseball)
- Jacob Harrison - Shepherd University
- Gabe Hindle - James Madison University
- Caleb Ludwig - Lebanon Valley College (will play baseball)
- Robert Martin - The United States Air Force Academy (will play baseball)
- Shawn McMahon - Catonsville Community College (will play baseball)
- Jonathan Money - Frostburg State University (will play baseball)
- Ben Wayland - James Madison University
223 Baseball is Proud to announce our new facility
In partnership with our local Fire Department and our Post 223 American Legion, Heroes Memorial Park is now being completed and will be the finest amateur baseball facility in Central Maryland. The playing surface has been laser leveled, with a complete replacement of all playing areas. Our Bermuda grass turf is unique in this area and allows for the experience of playing on a professional baseball diamond. Dugout construction is set to begin in shortly and will complete this amazing new ball park.
American Legion Post 223
We are proud to announce that American Legion Post 223 is one of the key supporters of our team, please visit their site and support their community activities. Our affiliation and support from our local post is one of the key aspects of ensuring the overall success of the team. We are also happy to announce that Post 223 has a large full service entertainment hall available for events and has succesfully supported the Sykesville community for many years. www.americanlegion223.com