- Follow us on Facebook and Instagram!!!!!
Welcome to the home of
Team Scorpion Wrestling Club
TEAM SCORPION WRESTLING CLUB
The 2018-19 wrestling season is here!!!
It's not too late to sign-up. Register online or sign-up during the first week of practice at the wrestling room. Practice begins Monday October 29th at 5:30 p.m. for Novice wrestlers and 7:00 p.m. for Advanced wrestlers.
Cost: Registration (Includes shirt)
$120 Beginning/Novice Wrestler*
$175 Advanced Wrestler*
- Multiple Child Discount - $30 off each additional child
*Add $50 per tournament to rate if you opt to buy out of the volunteer tournament work
We will have board members on hand the first two weeks of practice for late sign ups.
First Practice: October 29, 2018
The practice schedule will be adjusted the first week because of Halloween. The Novice group will have practice on Thursday November 1st 5:30pm - 7:00pm. Advanced practice will follow 7:00pm - 8:30pm. We will not have practice on Halloween.
We will have a parent meeting on Wednesday November 7th at 5:45pm in the wrestling room or in a classroom near the wrestling room. The meeting will be very informative, especially for first year wrestling parents. We will discuss several items unique to the sport of wrestling and answer whatever questions you may have.
Novice Wrestlers and Peewee's (age 5 and under) - Monday’s and Wednesday's 5:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Advanced Wrestlers - Mondays and Tuesdays 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Combined Practice - Thursdays 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. (No PeeWee or first year wrestlers).
Practices will be held at the Church Creek Campus Wrestling Room (Advanced) and Church Creek Campus Gymnasium (Novice) 7600 272nd ST NW Stanwood, WA 98292-9530
Please bring your wrestlers to practice a little early. Coaches will be in the wrestling room at least 15 minutes prior to practice.
Things to Bring to practice:
- Wrestling shoes (No street shoes allowed on mats).
- Please bring your own water and mark the bottles.
If your wrestlers have shoes that they have outgrown, bring them to practice and trade/buy with other wrestlers.
Jeff Rhue (206) 999-3800
Riley Van Scoy - USAW Kids Greco National Champion - Schoolboy 144lbs
21 Wrestlers from Team Scorpion competed in the Chuck Bullard Memorial WSWA Folkstyle State Tournament this weekend at the Tacoma Dome and placed 17th out of 96 teams. AMAZING JOB SCORPIONS!
Chuck Bullard Mem`l WSWA Folkstyle State Results for Team Scorpion
1. Pee Wee 33.2-35.0 - Hunter Shafer placed 4th
2. Pee Wee 46.2-50.0 - Gavin Shafer placed 2nd
3. Pee Wee 52.6-54.0 - Bryce Stogner placed 5th
4. Bantam 60 - Tanner Requa
5. Bantam 65 - Wyatt Sandven placed 5th
6. Intermediate 60 - Braedon Requa
7. Intermediate 70 - Chance Swanson
8. Intermediate 70 - Karter Sundberg
9. Intermediate 70 - Canyon Bumgarner
10. Intermediate 95 - Cruise Swanson placed 6th
11. Novice 60 - Tyler Rhue placed 1st
12. Novice 70 - Lane Ovenell
13. Novice 70 - Keaton Mayernik placed 2nd
14. Novice 75 - Bryan Roodzant
15. Novice 80 - Cameron O`Neill
16. Novice 85 - Kale Sundberg
17. Novice 90 - Ryder Bumgarner placed 4th
18. Novice 112 - Samuel Chittim
19. Schoolboy 120 - Isaac Ortega placed 7th
20. Schoolboy 136 - Riley Van Scoy placed 2nd
21. Girl(Schoolgirl) 113 - Autumn Ortega placed 4th
We are proud of everyone who competed. The competition is fierce and it takes a mighty heart to face it. We'd also like to recognize Tyler Rhue for his consecutive State Titles. Great job!
Practice Schedule (Freestyle and Greco):
Mondays and Tuesdays 6:30 p.m. to 8:00p.m.
Thursdays 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Practices will be held at the Church Creek Campus Wrestling Room 7600 272nd ST NW Stanwood, WA 98292-9530
*Great article on why your child should consider wrestling: Click Here