2020 SPRING REGISTRATION NOW OPEN
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER ( for players and coaches)
- The WBL 2020 Spring Season is open for those players currently in grades K-10.
- Information about the 5th-6h grade Gumbert Bond Program can be found HERE.
- Please register before Feb 3rd to receive the $50.00 early bird discount.
- Registration closes on Feb 17th, 2020. Special requests after Feb 17th may not be honored
Save the Dates:
Feb 3, 2020: Early bird registration for Spring In-town ends.
Feb 17, 2020: Spring In-town registration closes.
April 18, 2020: Westfield Baseball Parade and Carnival at Gumbert
April 25th, 2020: WBL Photo Day
2020 WBL WINTER TRAINING
Dates: Saturdays, January 11th - March 14th, 2020
NOTE: No Class 1/18 (MLK weekend) or 2/15 (Presidents Day weekend)
Location: DBAT 1124 Globe Ave, Mountainside, NJ 07092
- Kindergarten and 1st Grade: Session 1: 3:00pm - 4:00pm (SOLD OUT)
- Kindergarten and 1st Grade: Session 2: 4:00pm - 5:00pm (SOLD OUT)
- 2nd and 3rd Grade: Session 3: 5:00pm - 6:00pm (SOLD OUT)
- 2nd and 3rd Grade: Session 4: 6:00pm - 7:00pm
Instructors: DBAT professional coaching staff.
3 instructors per class
ALL SESSIONS LIMITED TO 18 PLAYERS
Cost: $150 (includes shirt)
Eight week program aimed at exposing Westfield youth players to baseball by teaching the proper fundamentals of hitting, fielding, throwing, pitching and base running. Typical layout of the hour workout
program includes: 8 minutes of stretching and body warm up, 8-10 minutes of proper throwing mechanics and/or base running, 20 minutes of skill/station work, and 15-20 minutes of competition or game.
* All participants in the winter training camp must be residents of Westfield
2018 NEW USA BAT RULES (MUST READ - ALL AGES - SPRING 2018)
"You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the damn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all." -- Earl Weaver