2019 SPRING REGISTRATION NOW OPEN
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER ( for players and coaches)
- The WBL 2019 Spring Season is open for those players currently in grades K-10.
- Information for each league (grade) can be found in our Spring Season FAQ.
- Information about the 5th-6h grade Gumbert Bond Program can be found HERE.
- Prices have increased for 2019, register before Feb 5th and pay the 2018 prices.
- Registration closes on Feb 19th, 2019. Special requests after Feb 19th may not be honored
Save the Dates:
March 16,17,23,24: Major League tryouts for 5th/6th graders.
One hitting and one field tryout required.
More details to follow
April 6th, 2019: Opening Day Games
April 27, 2019: Westfield Baseball Parade and Carnival at Gumbert
April 28th, 2019: Summer Travel Tryouts for current 1st(7u) and 2nd graders(8u).
Time and location TBD
May 4th, 2019: WBL Photo Day
2019 WBL WINTER TRAINING
Dates: Saturdays, January 5th - March 9th, 2019
NOTE: No Class 1/19 (MLK weekend) or 2/16 (Presidents Day weekend)
Location: DBAT 1124 Globe Ave, Mountainside, NJ 07092
- Kindergarten and 1st Grade: Session 1: 3:00pm - 4:00pm
- Kindergarten and 1st Grade: Session 2: 4:00pm - 5:00pm
- 2nd and 3rd Grade: Session 3: 5:00pm - 6:00pm (SOLD OUT)
- 2nd and 3rd Grade: Session 4: 6:00pm - 7:00pm (SOLD OUT)
Instructors: DBAT professional coaching staff.
3 instructors per class
ALL SESSIONS LIMITED TO 18 PLAYERS
Cost: $150 (includes shirt)
Eight week program aimed at exposing Westfield youth players to baseball by teaching the proper fundamentals of hitting, fielding, throwing, pitching and base running. Typical layout of the hour workout
program includes: 8 minutes of stretching and body warm up, 8-10 minutes of proper throwing mechanics and/or base running, 20 minutes of skill/station work, and 15-20 minutes of competition or game.
* All participants in the winter training camp must be residents of Westfield
2018 NEW USA BAT RULES (MUST READ - ALL AGES - SPRING 2018)
"You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the damn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all." -- Earl Weaver