NEXT MANDATORY COACHES MEETING FOR WYS 3/18
Upcoming meeting dates for 2020: 4/15, 5/20, 6/10
Whitman Youth Soccer thanks the community for their support and for joining us in a candlelight prayer service for the Smith and Fay Families at 7pm on Friday February 21st at the Whitman Middle School fenced-in Soccer Field. Please continue to keep them in your thoughts and prayers.
- Register at https://reg.sportspilot.com/105884
- Season fee is $75
- Registration closes March 15, 2020
- Player Eligibility
- U6 Instructional
- Open to boys and girls currently in Kindergarten or Pre-K kids who will turn 5 years old by 8/31/20
- Open to Whitman residents only
- Hanson Youth Soccer is running their own instructional clinics - please visit www.hansonsoccer.com for further information
- Grades 1/2 Boys & Girls
- Open to 1st and 2nd graders from Whitman AND Hanson
- U6 Instructional
- Season Dates
- Season will run for 8 weeks
- Season starts on Saturday April 18th
- Season ends on Saturday June 13th
- No games Memorial Day Weekend
- Game Times (Tentative)
- Grade 1/2 Girls - Saturdays @ 10.30am
- U6 Instructional - Saturdays @ 12.00pm
- Grade 1/2 Boys - Saturdays @ 1.30pm
- We are looking for volunteers to be head coaches and assistant coaches
- Please contact WYS Registrar Jen Giorgi (email@example.com) if interested
Uniform nights took place on Monday, January 13th, and Tuesday, January 14th at the Whitman Middle School Library. This was for grades 3 and up. Instructional and Grades 1 & 2 will receive shirts as the season begins.
If you have a uniform from last year, and if you don't need any new pieces due to growth or wear, no need to come. But if this is your first year with our travel program, or if you need new shorts or a shirt, this is an opportunity to come try on samples so that you can get the correct size. You will then place your order from the comfort of your home, and We Got Soccer will ship it directly to you.
As far as placing orders goes your team has an EZ kit site on We Got Soccer
Minutes from January 2020 General Meeting
General meeting: Coaches: started at 7:35
- Rosters are still trying to be finalized
- 2/1 is deadline for rosters to be set
- Please make sure players are get registered
- Uniform order link is on the website
- Tues 6/23 from 6-9 PM at Knights of Columbus for banquet
- 4/11 is U10 night at Gillette
- 2020 sponsors are starting to come in
- Grades 1 and 2 spring shirts will say Whitman-Hanson
- New coaches please let Stephanie Blackman know your size for sweatshirt
- From SSSL- Mandatory coaches meeting 2/29; 3/4 backup date if you cannot make the 2/29 meeting.
Travel coaches – Grades 3-4 and up. If coach cannot make it, assistant must go or rosters will be locked
- MTOC 6/26-28. Quarter finals 6/13, semifinals 6/20, and finals 6/21.
- No friendship tournaments this year.
- Credentials will be able to printed off 2/15 by registrar
- 3/15 Leominster at Double tree hotel – Mass youth soccer general meeting
- Chuck Allen- 2/25- WYS has 7 coaches going- WYS will pay for the registration fee for the coaches that are attending. Looking to have training sessions for coaches at the WMS a day or two in March.
- Colin and Jen will send out info on Cori and concussion
- Next meeting 3/18 at police station
- Please put on your calendar now. WYS day at the Revs- 8/22/2020 Saturday 2:30 – 4:30 field house then tailgate and Revs game at 7:30
- Meeting ended at 8:01
We are so excited to announce a first for WYS, an INDOOR 8-WEEK SKILLS TRAINING SESSION for our youngest players! (DOB 9/1/2013-8/31/15)
We will kick off the new program on Monday, January 6th and run each Monday from 5.15pm to 6.15pm through Monday, March 9 (excluding MLK Day and February Vacation). We will be using the South Shore Venom/Vengeance training center, aka “The Snake Pit” @ 285 Circuit Street, Hanover. Cost will be $60 per player. This fee will include a t-shirt and a pizza party at the end of the session.
Our goal is to work in small groups and focus on basic fundamentals of soccer play. We may also run some small sided scrimmages for the last 15 minutes of each week.
Monday January 6 - Monday March 9
5:15pm - 6:15pm
285 Circuit St. Hanover
To register, please click on the link below:
First come, first serve and space is somewhat limited because we are indoors, so don’t delay in registering!
We can’t wait to see your little one at “the Pit”.
Coaches Meghan, Colin, Neil and Rob
Whitman Youth Soccer
Spring 2020 Registration
Please visit the Link to Register for the Spring Season: https://reg.sportspilot.com/105884
Preliminary rosters must be submitted to the South Shore Soccer league by December 1st so please make sure to register this month.
Please refer to your email or reach out to one of us if you have any questions about the uploading of your player photo or anything else about the registration process.
Opening weekend is the first weekend in April and we will keep you up to date on all events and details throughout the next few months.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Updates as of 10/25/19
Bishop Photo Orders
To order http://www.bishopphoto.com/
INSTRUCTIONALS GIVING PARENTS HIGH FIVES
Thank you, Brad Knighton, Slyde, and Pablo for supporting the WH Boys' Varsity Team!
|Minutes from November 2019 General Meeting|
|Thank You To All Of Our Sponsors|
|REFEREE RE-CERTIFYING INFO|
|U10 AND U12 PLAYERS NO HEADING THE BALL|
|Visit our Fan Shop|