- Thank you to our to all WYS Sponsors...Auto-Tec...Basco Security...
- Berry Real Estate...Bike Barn...Blanchard Funeral Chapel...Chiros...Doctor Disposal
- Dr. Bonasera...Duval's Pharmacy...Egan Realty...Five Rings Pet Resort...Harding Print...
- Insta-Brite...Keep Calm K9...Mutual Bank...Napoli...Palaza & McDonough Tree...Sparky's Auto...
- Sunlite Auto Sales.....Sweezey Fence..Thai All Seas..Jack Conway..Trio Cafe..Venus..Whitney Law
The next meeting for Whitman Youth Soccer will be held on Wednesday August 21st at the Whitman Police Station.
The board will be meeting at 6:30 THE MANDITORY COACHES MEETING HAS BEEN CANCELED.
Meeting notes and agenda will be posted as soon as they are available.
Opening Day Parade is Saturday September 7th with first games of the season to follow.
Fall Registration Now Open
FALL REGISTRATION IS OPEN!!!
Don't miss out on the Early Bird Special ending June 30th!!
Sign up now and save $10.00/family on Registration Fees!
REGISTRATION LINK: https://reg.sportspilot.com/105884/leagues (also on the WYS website)
Just the Facts:
· Registration is $75 for the 1st player ($10 off per family until June 30th @ midnight!!!)
· $65 for the second player
· $60 any additional player
· Early Bird Special runs through June 30th @ midnight
· Must be in Kindergarten to start in the WYS Fall Program (DOB: 1/1/2013 - 12/31/2014)
· Grades 7-9 are Co-ed
· All games will be played on Saturdays at the Whitman Middle School
· All practices are scheduled by the coaches at their discretion
· Please follow the same link if you are interested in volunteering as a Coach or Assistant Coach!! **PLEASE consider volunteering**
· Estimated Season Opener (Parade and 1st games) - Sept 7th, 2019
· T-shirts will be provided to all registered players
· Season runs for 8 weeks (weather permitting … let's hope Mother Nature is happier this year)
Registration will CLOSE on August 15th and therefore as of August 16th a Late Fee will be applied in the amount of $35.00 per family. We really would like to roster all the teams before the end of summer, so please help us by registering ASAP! We will have a hard close for the late registration window on 8/23 and will not be accepting any more signups. We order shirts for the amount of kids that register and late registrants aren't included in that count. Late registrants also cause delays in making team & coach assignments, so please register on time!!
REGISTRATION LINK: https://reg.sportspilot.com/105884/leagues
Please follow the same link if you are interested in volunteering as a Coach or Assistant Coach!!
**PLEASE consider volunteering**
Thank you so much.
Please feel free to email me with any questions
**** PLEASE NOTE MY NEW EMAIL ADDRESS: Registrar.at.WYS@gmail.com ****
Congratulations to Coach Chuck Allen, Coach Nate Almeida, and the Boys Gr. 9-10 Team for being chosen by South Shore Soccer League to receive the Sportsmanship Award.
We are very proud of how all of our teams represented Whitman this year. Thank you for a great season!
Meeting Notes – June 2019: Meeting started at 7:32 PM and ended at 8:37PM 6/19/19
1. Sportsmanship certificates given to Boys Gr. 9-10 team
2. Congrats to those teams that made playoffs - 4 teams made playoffs. Steve M’s team made it to the final round.
3. Thank you to all of the coaches this year
4. Treasurer's Report
5. Old business:
a. Banquet - Wednesday, June 26, 6-9PM - VFW Upper Hall
b. Soccer camp - happening next week
c. Fall Registration update- 54 players registered during early bird
d. Jamboree & Instructional- went really well, looking forward to next year
e. Season wrap-up - Thoughts? Suggestions?-
e. Proposed Bylaw changes
Went through by law proposed changes.
Some items were tabled but completed up to article 15.
f. Nominations for Board Members
Elected Board positions:
President – nomination- Helen Iannone
Secretary – nomination- Kathy Burnett
Treasurer- nomination- April Montes
Registrar- nomination- Tracey Kenn Helper- Colin Burns
Boys Director- nomination- Jaime Sousa
Girls Director- nomination- Eric Frank
Instructional Director- nomination- Meghan Fennessy
Field manager- nomination- Shawn Fitzgerald
General manager- nomination- Stephanie McKay
Head Referee- nomination- Caity Almeida
Concession Stand –
position 1 – nomination- Nate Almeida
position 2 – nomination- Robyn Callahan
Director of player/coach training: Chuck Allen
Webmaster: Leslie Turocy
Instructional Director Helper- Neil Donaghy
4. . New business:
a. Sponsorships to date
b. Equipment collection
c. Updates from SSSL
d. WYS Nights at the Revs - vs. LAFC, Saturday, Aug. 3 @ 7:30 & vs. New York City FC, Sunday, Sept. 29 @ 5. Tix $21 each (reg. $35); Free parking & tailgating
e. Opening day info
|Fall Registration Now Open|
|Divisions and Coaches by Grade|
|REFEREE RE-CERTIFYING INFO|
|U10 AND U12 PLAYERS NO HEADING THE BALL|
|Visit our Fan Shop|