- Follow Us On Twittter
- Follow Us on Instagram
- Follow Us On HUDL
- Sign up For Remind Texting
- Update Your Email Address
Offseason Indoor Time / Team Concepts / Box Lacrosse Games
Location: WHS Square Gym
- January 5: 10:15 - Noon
- January 12: 11 - 12:30 ON WHS TURF
- January 19: OFF - MLK Weekend
- January 26: 1 - 3pm
- February 2: OFF
- February 9: 12:30 - 2pm
- February 16: OFF - President's Day Weekend
- February 23: Noon - 2pm
- March 1: Noon - 2pm
***First 30 Minutes will be a team concept introduction or review & the remaining time will be box lacrosse games for all players
*** It is very important that everyone makes an effort to attend the first 30 minutes of our time. If you cannot make it touch base with one of the coaches vial HUDL.
Offseason Items & Upcoming Season Preparations
A Couple Items & Updates:
Morning WallBall is in the square gym on Tuesday & Thursday mornings 6:45-7:15am, any interested player can come through the gym door at that time. Kyle Lehman is keeping track of contact info of interested players and will text to group if a session is canceled.
Annual Paint Ball Outing, Friday after Thanksgiving - 10:30am Friday, November 29 at PocoLoco Paintball, Cost $60.00 (Includes Paintball Gun, Unlimited Ammo, Pizza). All Players, Parents, Coaches & Friends are welcome. To reserve spots Venmo Payment to Mark Michaels @walap & include the names of players in the description. We need a final count by November 25. Any questions email. Mark Michaels: email@example.com, WAIVER can be printed and brought on day of event.
Offseason Box Lacrosse - TBD, will be announced as soon as scheduled.
Annual Wing Bowl & Spring Break Games - Wing Bowl will take place the first Saturday of Spring Break, April 4, from 4-6pm at Magerks Pub & Grille, this will also be a Dine & Donate fundraiser. Same format as last year.... The girls and boys lacrosse players separated by grade will compete against one another. This was a fun event last year and a good way to kick of our spring break. This years spring break games isHome April 7 vs. Quakertown. Varsity & JV will be off with no practices on April 10, 11 & 12.
Our full 2020 Season Game Schedule is on the www.wissahickonathletics.org website please mark your 2020 calendars.
HUDL Communications - This is our only way to communicate with players. Please make sure your sons are getting HUDL messages. We have sent Hudl messages to your players throughout the fall and if they are not getting them they need to get registered, download the app & enable push notifications. In addition, many parents download the Hudl App on their own phone and login with their students email and password so they also receive the communication. We strongly recommend this.
Looking forward to the 2020 Season
Communication Is Very Important - Here is How We Do It!!!
HUDL is the coach’s primary communication method with our student athletes.
- Accept Invite in School Email Account @wsdweb.org
- Download Hudl App on Smart Phone
- Enable Pop - Ups through the app
HUDL allows college coaches the ability to get up-to-date player info and highlight videos in one place. Please take the time to keep this information accurate & current. Opponent Scouting videos will also be available through this site.
IMPORTANT: Per District rules No Student is to have direct ‘social media’ or text / phone contact with one of the coaches. The coaches will use the following to communicate directly
Other Important Communication Methods
- WHS LAX Players: To sign Up: Text @whslaxplyr to 81010 or on smartphone browser go to rmd.at/whslaxplyr and follow instructions.
- WHS LAX Parents: To sign up: Text @whslaxprnt to 81010 or on smartphone browser go to rmd.at/whslaxprnt and follow instructions.
- Email Distribution - Parent Run: On right side of our website page 'click' on "Subscribe to our Newsletter" and join the WHS Boys Lacrosse group
- Twitter: follow us on twitter @wisslaxboys .
- Instagram: follow us on Instagram @wissboyslax
Offseason Workout Ideas
Every Position on the 2019 WHS Lacrosse Team is Open Competition
For those looking to get better here are some ideas
Paul Rabil Offseason Shooting Workouts
- · Episode 1: www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZR8ggyvB20
- · Episode 2: www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-K2UoaSwhM
- · Episode 3: www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyBDs3LJn8c
- · The Promise of 100 Shots Per Day: www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbaKjR8Gkb8
Wissahickon Athletics Team Rules
The Wissahickon Athletic Department has standardized the "Team Rules" to be consistent and apply to all sports teams at Wissahickon High School. We will be following the 3 Strike Policy recommended by the Athletics Departments.
Excused absences are generally in one of the 3 categories:
- Grade Bearing Academic Reasons (tests, classes or field trips - must be related to recieviing a grade)
- Religious Reasons / Holidays
- Family Emergencies / Funerals, etc.
All other reasons for missing a practice or game are considered unexcused.
Please Click on this site to access the Wissahickon Athletics Department Rules: https://wissahickonathletics.org/main/filesLinks/