- Follow Us On Twittter
- Follow Us on Instagram
- Follow Us On HUDL
- Sign up For Remind Texting
- Update Your Email Address
Beginning of the season Tryouts
Here is the updated tryout info for Monday and Tuesday, March 4 & 5.
Monday, March 4 meet at the locker-room at 5:15pm (lower locker room in the circle gym). Anyone who needs equipment be there at 5pm Be dressed warm with sneakers ready to start our mile and a half run soon thereafter. Post-run we will come back to locker-room to suit up and head to the Square gym for tryouts. We will be done altogether by 7:30pm.
Tuesday March 5, meet at locker-room at 4:15pm. We will be in the Circle gym for tryouts from 4:30-6:30pm
Any additional updates will be communicated to the students during school via HUDL.
Every player should have by now turned in any eligibility and medical forms to the athletic department. Also every player must turn to the coaches their Athletic Department Rules signed by both the player and their parents. Please bring this to the first day of tryouts. If you don't have the Athletic Department Rules please go to www.wissahickonathletics.org and print it out.
Offseason Workouts - January & February 2019
January & February Workouts
Sunday WHS Square Gym, January 27 (3-4:30), Feb 3 (3-4:30 Super Bowl Sunday), Feb 10 (3-4:30), Feb 24 (6-8pm)
- First 30 minutes will be a team concept - important that all players make this portion
- Remaining time will be Box Lacrosse
- Thursday Night Turf Sessions - every Thursday starting January 10 from 7-8:30 - We will decide week to week whether we will use this time depending on temperatures and will communicate at the beginning of the week to the players via HUDL
Tryouts begin March 4th. Please be prepared by 1) being in shape, 2) have all your proper equipment, including a functional backup stick and 3) stick skills need to ready to go.
What Can I do to prepare?
Get in Shape
Endurance Test 1 – Distance Sprint
This year players will be tested in the 1.5 mile run. It is the goal of the Players to complete this run in 9 minutes or less.
Endurance Test 2 – Shuttle Run
The runner begins at a marked line and runs 25 yards to a marked line; the runner is to touch the line with his feet, change direction, and run back to the starting line. The runner will do this 5 times. The total distance of the run is 250 yards.
- Grab a ball and throw up against the wall (100 left, 100 right) and find a net and work on your shot (time and room and on the run), both left and right.
- Morning wall ball takes place in the square gym every Tuesday and Thursday from 6:50-7:15
- Come to the Sunday / Thursday preseason workouts. Hudl updates on these are provided weekly.
Communication Is Very Important - Here is How We Do It!!!
HUDL is the coach’s primary communication method with our student athletes.
- Accept Invite in School Email Account @wsdweb.org
- Download Hudl App on Smart Phone
- Enable Pop - Ups through the app
HUDL allows college coaches the ability to get up-to-date player info and highlight videos in one place. Please take the time to keep this information accurate & current. Opponent Scouting videos will also be available through this site.
IMPORTANT: Per District rules No Student is to have direct ‘social media’ or text / phone contact with one of the coaches. The coaches will use the following to communicate directly
Other Important Communication Methods
- WHS LAX Players: To sign Up: Text @whslaxplyr to 81010 or on smartphone browser go to rmd.at/whslaxplyr and follow instructions.
- WHS LAX Parents: To sign up: Text @whslaxprnt to 81010 or on smartphone browser go to rmd.at/whslaxprnt and follow instructions.
- Email Distribution - Parent Run: On right side of our website page 'click' on "Subscribe to our Newsletter" and join the WHS Boys Lacrosse group
- Twitter: follow us on twitter @wisslaxboys .
- Instagram: follow us on Instagram @wissboyslax
Offseason Workout Ideas
Every Position on the 2019 WHS Lacrosse Team is Open Competition
For those looking to get better here are some ideas
Paul Rabil Offseason Shooting Workouts
- · Episode 1: www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZR8ggyvB20
- · Episode 2: www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-K2UoaSwhM
- · Episode 3: www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyBDs3LJn8c
- · The Promise of 100 Shots Per Day: www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbaKjR8Gkb8
2018 WHS Lacrosse Golf Outing Recap
Thank you to all our Volunteers, Sponsors and Golfers to making this year’s Golf Outing a tremendous success. Take a look here for a picture recap of the event: https://www.snapfish.com/photo-gift/share?via=link&token=De34tmhZsr-GqdbDeb99UQ/AUS/27948100699070/SNAPFISH
Winning Team (-14): Matt Conway, Jimmy Sinnott, Eric Farris, Joe Mirabile
2nd Place Team (-11): Dan Layfield, Matt Repko, Luke Wiles, Bill Myers
Longest Drive: Luke Wiles
Closest to the Pin: Bill Mayo
A special Thanks to Mark Michaels for once again single handedly organizing the golf outing, putting together the raffle baskets, and taking full responsibility for the outing's success.
Thanks to our Volunteers: Joyce Fritz, Mandy Myers, Carole Pearson, Tiffany Lehman, Peter Carey, Kim Ott & Nicole Intrieri. Without them we would have be lost and thirsty….
Thanks to our Sponsors:
Course Sponsor: Wells Fargo Advisors
Beer Cart Sponsor: Rotary Club of Ambler
Lunch Sponsor: Be Your Best Lacrosse
Signage Sponsor: Fast Signs of Willow Grove
Putting Contest Sponsor: Mallot Family
Dinner Sponsor: Wharton Hill Advisors
Raffle Prize Sponsor: Wisslax Boys
Liberty Jobs, Harry’s Taproom, Tompkins Vist Bank Insurance, Fast Twitch Training, LaxZone, MaGerks, Glanzman Subaru, Nasuti & Miller Law, Tabakin Wolfe LLP, Bandits Lacrosse, The Greene Turtle - North Wales, Premier Payments, Connoley Landscaping, Steve Schivick, Dick’s Sporting Goods, Hatboro Dental, Glass Family, Hanlon Creative, Urban Funeral Homes, Utis + Tokasz Orthodontics, Del Rossi Family, Seravalli Inc, The Run Around, Panache Wood Fire Grill, Kyle Jamaitis, Shaeff Myers Funeral Home, McCarthy & Company PC, Maro’s Floor Covering, Bayspan Wealth Group
Keep on the lookout for a Hold the Date for the 2019 Golf Outing, we are evaluating a change of venue and if anyone would like to help Mark in planning next years event please reach out to him email@example.com
Wissahickon Athletics Team Rules
The Wissahickon Athletic Department has standardized the "Team Rules" to be consistent and apply to all sports teams at Wissahickon High School. We will be following the 3 Strike Policy recommended by the Athletics Departments.
Excused absences are generally in one of the 3 categories:
- Grade Bearing Academic Reasons (tests, classes or field trips - must be related to recieviing a grade)
- Religious Reasons / Holidays
- Family Emergencies / Funerals, etc.
All other reasons for missing a practice or game are considered unexcused.
Please Click on this site to access the Wissahickon Athletics Department Rules: https://wissahickonathletics.org/main/filesLinks/