1. No stealing except from second to third, upon release of the ball from the pitcher. There will be no jeopardy on an overthrow to third, the runner shall not advance. No look-back once ball is returned to pitcher. Only one base (2nd to 3rd) may be stolen.
This rule change is to teach stealing/sliding skills; to enhance catching skills, and to encourage the young players to pay closer attention to play, preparing them for the significant rule changes they will face when they move up to 12U.
2. No batter advancement to first base on a dropped third strike.
3. No slap bunting (square to bunt and at the last second pull back and swing).
4. No jeopardy on an overthrow from the catcher in an attempt to pick off a runner off a base after a pitch (the runner cannot advance to the next base if the ball is thrown away).
5. Games will be six innings in length.
6. There will be a 5 run limit per ½ inning, except for the 6th inning, where the limit will be 10 runs.
7. No infield fly rule.
8. Time limit: Regular season games, no new inning after 2 hours; if last inning is incomplete due to darkness, score will revert to the previous completed inning. For play off games there is no time limit, except darkness at the umpire’s discretion.
9. *new in 2010* Pitchers will be removed from the position after three hit batters during the game, and only if a base has been awarded by the umpire for the hit batter.