||New England Connect|
October 20, 2015
Entry #: 4184922
I do not have an actual website this year as levae.com no longer serves the purpose it once did. I am in the process of making a new great new website and looking to add players and games of the week highlights on the page for next season. These rankings are only my opinion as many of you know I have been doing these for 11 years and I am pretty accurate with my opinions not only regionally but I am well known at the national level as well. I am still not coaching anymore as I am very busy with the prep school but I will be attending games starting this week... we have 2 weeks until playoffs begin.. Some major headlines we should be looking at…
HEADLINES FROM THIS PAST WEEK: 2. Dorchester Eagles JPW beats 3. East Lynn Bulldogs 26-6
My take: The Eagles are now the favorite to come out of emass at JPW and I think I will make the call that I see them for West Haven for the d1 title in Worcester after Thanksgiving
Remember to send in your player of the week nominees for last week’s contest.. Also games of the week for this week will be listed at the divisions they are in..
1. Emass playoffs now have seeds 1-8 no longer leagues matter where you are in the playoffs
2. RISMA HAS NO PLAYOFFS
3. Unlimited division looks strong again and will try to maybe get us another national title?
4. Games of the week and player of the week submissions can begin by emailing me directly @ firstname.lastname@example.org
5. As many of you know I have paid my own way in traveling to nationals and regionals and games each week for many years...I have now set up a PayPal account for travel funds and for the website we are in the process of making…
6. Can anyone confirm that Brockton is division 1 or 2… ? I have heard many sources tell me differently..
PAYPAL ACCOUNT : email@example.com
ALSO starting next week I will also post how regionals will look as well as including the emass playoff set up and the scpw and northern CT playoff brackets…
1st round playoffs begin for SCPW this weekend..
Without Further ado….
Unlimited one more week will be the wait as I got some wrong info on certain teams. I will have a full top 10 next week.
D3 will also have a full 10 for each weight class starting next Monday night.. I think a lot of people will be surprised ?
This week I will most likely be in Hyde Park for the big JPW game between them and Mt Hope
Division 1 Midgets (ONLY TOP 5 WITH MOST TEAMS AT UNLIMITED NOW)
Game of the Week : 1. Hartford Hurricanes @ 5. Somerville
1. Hartford Hurricanes (6-0) Next Game: vs Somerville. Great game to watch it will be great to see how regionals go for them. As of now they are undisputed number 1 in New England
2. West Lynn Rams (5-1) Next Game vs. Brookline… They continue to roll and we all can’t wait for the highly anticipated rematch with DOT
3 .Dorchester Eagles (4-2) It will be a great battle with round 2 vs West Lynn coming up in the playoffs.
4 Edgewood Eagles (5-1) Close game against the Bengals.. Held on for the Win.. Is Edgewood as strong as I thought? We will see..
5. Somerville (2-4) Lost to the number one team in d2 12-0.. Their schedule has not helped them at all .. Can they upset one of the favorites come playoff time?
Division 2 Midgets (top 3 only)
1. Hyde Park Cowboys (7-0) When will this train fall off the track? I don’t know if it will
2. West Elmwood Intruders (6-1) Crash Course with the team above..
3. Boston Bengals (2-4).. Only lost to Edgewood 6-0… Look at Somerville for an explanation on the Bengals.
Division 1 Jr Midget
Game of The week: 9) Bridgeport Raiders vs Hartford Hurricanes 10/25 4 pm @Hartford Playoffs!
1. Edgewood Eagles (7-0) they are waiting for regionals to begin.. Will play Mt hope in next week as a game that will not affect seeding’s.
2. Dorchester Eagles (6-0) Dispatched East Lynn with ease
3. Stratford Redskins (7-0) playoffs begin for them.. West Haven forfeited last week against them.
4. Malden Cyclones (5-1) nice bounce back win destroying Triton… next week vs Everett
5. Brookline JP Patriots (6-0) that clock is ticking. Are they going to shine in the playoffs?
6. New Haven Steelers (7-1) Lost to Stratford but as we know the playoffs down in Southern CT are always crazy… Keep an Eye on them
7. Boston Raiders (4-2) they are on a roll lately.. Regionals with EMASS champion at nov 21,,
8. New Britain Raiders(5-3) play New Haven next week
9. Bridgeport Raiders (5-3) season on the line this Saturday
Division 2 Jr Midget RISMA has no playoffs just sends 1st place team to regionals/Same with Ocean State
Game of the week: 8)Amherst Patriots (4-2) vs. Manchester (4-2) Battle for first place in New Hampshire
SCPW starts playoffs next week.. Amity and Milford have byes this week
1. Brockton Jr Boxers (7-0) IF they are d2 like I believe they are… they are FOR REAL
2. North County Panthers (7-0).. Is it playoff time yet?
3. New Bedford Bears (8-0) No real problems yet
4. Milford Eagles (5-1) BYE this week…
5. New Milford (7-0) moves up this week with the loss for Amity
6. Trumbull Rangers (6-2) big win against Amity.. Now its playoff time
7. West Boylston Lions-(4-1) soft schedule does not bode well for them when they are in line to meet up with North County very soon…
8. Amity Spartans (6-2 ) Tough Loss 18-12… can they bounce back no time to feel sorry…
9. Amherst Patriots(NH)- quality of competition are hurting them.. Could see them being one and done in regionals…
Mount Hope has dropped out due to another loss… The team just cannot put two solid weeks together.. They will still advance to regionals though…
Division 1 Pee Wee
Game of the Week : 6) New Haven Steelers (7-1) vs. 7) Danbury Trojans (6-2) 10/31 (NEXT WEEK)
Game of the week 2: 2) Revere Jr Patriots vs. 4) Edgewood Eagles at Revere 11 am Get to this game if you can.. this will tell us a lot about the pee wee level
1. Hartford Hurricanes (8-0) Next week home against winless New Britain.. They have a bye this week.. Play next week against Stratford..
2. Revere Jr Patriots (6-0) at a tough 3-2 Everett team… Revere looks to have their best team in years at any level… Tough test in two weeks at Edgewood .. They don’t play the team I have ranked 3rd until playoffs
3. East Lynn Bulldogs (5-0-1) If Edgewood beats Revere expect a jump for East Lynn as well
4. Edgewood Eagles (5-0-2) HUGE GAME WITH NUMBER 2 THIS SUNDAY
5. Worcester Vikings (7-0) I can’t believe that I have a undefeated Worcester team this low in the rankings… might come back to bite me
6. New Haven Steelers (7-1) see game of the week
7. Danbury Trojans (6-2) see above
8. West Lynn Rams (4-2) tough loss to number 1 d2 team 7-0… need to bounce back before next week’s game at East Lynn
Division 2 Pee Wee
Game of the Week: 6) Boston Bengals vs. 8) Brockton Boxers
Game of the Week 2: Naugatuck vs. Seymour 10/25 3 pm for a right to face Fairfield
1. Mount Hope Cowboys (6-0-1) plays a talented Hyde Park this week
2. Fairfield Giants (7-1)
3. New Milford Mustangs (6-0) Weak schedule but sometimes that doesn’t matter.. We will see when regionals approach
4. Portsmouth Patriots (8-0) survived their toughest test beating Barrington 18-12
5. D-R Falcons (7-1) tough for them with no playoffs ..
6. Boston Bengals (5-1) game of the week.
7. Fitchburg (5-1) Lost to Worcester but can play.. I worry about lack of post season experience but they are a dark horse to take the region
8. Brockton Jr Boxers(6-1) game of the week
9. Amity Spartans (7-1) Strong team… if they beat Fairfield in the playoffs watch out!!
10. Trumbull Rangers (6-2) another dark horse in SCPW .. more to come on this team next week
Division 1 Junior Pee Wee
Game of the week:
New Haven Steelers 1 vs New Haven Steelers 2.. Winner gets a rivalry game with West Haven
Game of the week 2: 4) Hartford Hurricanes (7-1) vs. Manchester.. Winner faces Stratford..
1. West Haven Seahawks (8-0) is scpw weak or are they that strong? Or both? We will see very soon they have a bye this week
2. Dorchester Eagles (6-0) beat up East Lynn in a big game
3. Boston Raiders (6-0) Raiders are looking like their old selves again in this weight class
4. Hartford Hurricanes (7-1) win or go home this week
5. New Haven Steelers 1 (6-2) sees above…
6. Everett Crimson tide (5-1) Tons of close games.. Will be a tough out in the playoffs.. BE aware of them
7. East Lynn Bulldogs (5-1) slipped due to the loss
8. Triton Vikings (5-1) huge playoffs looming
9. Worcester Vikings (4-2) Good team just might not have enough to beat the Raiders..
10. Stratford Redskins(5-3) got the 2 seed but I believe Hartford is better
Division 2 Junior Pee Wee
Game of the Week: 1)Hyde Park vs. 2) Mt Hope at 130 Kelly field
1. Hyde Park Cowboys (7-0) Huge game in the works when they play number 2 next weekend
2. Mt Hope Cowboys (6-0) two weeks away from a big showdown Both beat Brockton and Brockton might have the best running back at this level in New England in #1
3. Milford Eagles (7-0) bye this week
4. Naugatuck Warriors(8-0) bye this week..
5. Dighton Rehoboth Falcons- (8-0) all signs point to them winning the RISMA
6. Pomperaug Warriors (7-1) anyone of 4 teams can win NCPW but I like them
7. Fairhaven Blue Devils (7-1) Great team great story… just might not get lucky enough to make it to regionals.. They need DR to lose twice
8. Fitchburg (6-0) passed all tests so far
9. Brockton Boxers (5-2) great team.. will be great to see them play Mt hope one more time
10. Amherst Patriots (7-0) Always surprises people at this level watch out for them in regionals..
That’s it folks enjoy! Feel free to email me with any questions, comments, or concerns...
Please remember to send your nominations for games of the week and players of the week..