Last Updated: December 3, 2016
Because of a problem that happen last year in the Finals of the NBA. All playoff teams must have 5 players to start the game. There will be no callups for the playoffs. If you somehow during the game lose players because of fouling out or being hurt you can play with 4 but if you go below that, the game will be halted and the other team will be declared the winner. We don't see this happening. All Divisions will have have a 2 minute overtime with a added 30 second timeout. Any unused timeouts can be carried over into the overtime period. In the NBA Division the final minute of O.T. the teams can press.
1. All Leagues, All players will play at least half the game. Easiest way to
do this is sub every four minutes. During Playoffs I will be easier on this,
but the youth should take part in both halves. If you play the youth in the
regular season at least half the game I don’t think this will be a problem.
2. Mt Ephraim NBA and NCAA, four eight minute Quarters, three time outs
for the game. Gym Rats two 18 minute running clock half’s with 3 time
outs. Clock will stop on timeouts and foul shots. Also the last minute of
the half and game clock will stop on whistle. No O.T. except in playoffs
where there will be a two minute period and 1 timeout added
3. All Leagues, any player giving a technical foul will have to sit the rest of that game and
not play in his/her next game. If the player gets another technical foul the player will be
ejected the next two games. A third technical and the player is
expelled for the season. Any eighth grade player given a technical foul
loses their chance of winning the Mount Ephraim Basketball scholarship.
4. No full court pressure, [a] In the Gym Rats Division, please don’t pick up
at the half court line pull them back to the top of the key. Don’t trap
meaning don’t have two players waiting there. [b] In the NCAA & NBA
Division it’s ok to play closer to the half court line, but i have found out
the Referee’s like to let the player at least get into the front court before
playing defense. In the NBA Division you can full court press the last 2 minutes of the game.
5. In the Gym Rat Division, you will be allowed 5 seconds in the lane. In the
lane gets reset every time a shot is taken, so if a player is in there for like
10 seconds and there is several shots taken thats why there is no call.
6. Foul Shots, [a] Gym Rats: 3 feet in front of the foul line can hop over but
can’t be the first to touch the ball. [b] NCAA: can hop over the line but
can’t be the first one to touch the ball. I would like this rule only for the
weaker players the better players just for their own development should
shoot the right way.
7. No three point shots, I personally think this is why players don’t shoot the
short jumpers and layups well. If you check most games from last year,
teams lost because of either they miss over 70% of their foul shots or
miss to many lay ups.
8. All team’s make the playoffs, it’s a REC League have Fun
Pee Wee Rules
1. All players will play at least half the game, We will be playing 4 eight minute quarters.
Subs will come in only at the 5 minute mark in the quarter or beginning of each
period. Injury is the only time you can sub during the game.
2. Try and have a women near or on your bench in case you have a situation with a girl
on your team. Have one of your parents do the scoreboard it really isn’t hard we had
several 3rd and 4th graders do it last year, so I think a parent can do this just as well.
3. When we can we will play either 4 on 4 or 5 on 5 since all teams have 9 players, part
of the period we will play 4 on 4 and the other part 5 on 5.
4. Players will be matched up by Mr Callahan at half court, We only play Man to Man
No double teaming
5. No defense played above the white line by the the top of the key at any time. On
change of possession have your team run back to the other foul line. this seems to
be the best way of doing this.
6. There is no 3 second violation at this level.
7. Traveling rule will be laxed in the first 4 games but if a player is continuous running
around he or she will be stopped and the referee will instruct the youth that they can
only pass. Players who are doing well will be the first to be called for traveling after a
8. Fouls shots will be up to the referee where to start them at, about half way seems to
work out best.
9. We have a unwritten rule, if a player isn’t getting a shot at some point in the game we
might call a imaginary foul, and put them on the foul line. More so if it’s toward the end
of the season and a player hasn’t scored yet.
10. There will be two games on Monday nights and two games on Tuesday night.
times will be 1st game 5:30 with the first 15 minutes for drills, game to follow 5:45.
2nd game at 6:45 with the first 15 minutes for drills game to follow at 7:00. Try and
work on something that you need to work on from the previous game. Like to have
everyone out by no later then 8. I may be putting other games in that late slot. You
can scrimmage another team it’s up to you, but I would like for you to work on skills
more then playing a game if you want to scrimmage do it against your self.
11. No playoffs, just a trophy presentation.
NO FOOD OR DRINKS ALLOWED IN GYM ONLY PLAYERS CAN HAVE
ENERGY DRINKS. AND NO PERSONAL BALLS.
Top 5 Coaches last 10 years
5. Bob Wermuth 2004-05, 2011-12 League Champions.
4. Joe Granato 2009-10 League Champions
3. Mary Duffy Back to back League Champions for 2006-07 and 2007-08 seasons.
2. George Gies four NBA titles 2005-06, 2010-11, 2011-12 and 2013-14. Runnerups 2004-05, 2006-07, 2007-08, 2009-10, 2015-16 seasons.
1. Ed Dolan 4 years in a row NBA Champions including 2003-04 season.
Top Five teams of the last 10 years.
5. 2007-08 Philadelphia Sixers 10-2, Nick Duffy average 21 ppg Coached by Mary Duffy.
4. 2011-12 Miami Heat 11-1, Chris Blaylock average 28 ppg and Andrew Fehr 8 ppg.
3. Jimmy Fenton and Mike McHugh led 2004-05 League Champs Coached by Bob Wermuth.
2. 2010-11 Oklahoma City Thunder 12-0, Point Guard Adam Gotsch averaged 17 ppg and Forward Erica Lord had 13 ppg.
1. 2005-06 Miami Heat 12-0, scored a League record of 645 points and averaged 54.0 ppg. Point guard Samantha Dimitri averaged 12 ppg and Wade Gies had 426 points, 35.5 ppg, including games of 41, 45, 46 and 53 points.
Honorable Mentions: 2007-08 Boston Celtics 10-2, Runner up to the Number 5 Philadelphia Sixers. Lost Both games to the Champion Sixers. Keith Michalski average 23 ppg. The Eric Dolan led Championship team of 2003-04 Coached by Ed Dolan. Eric Came close to averaging a triple double.
Top Ten Boys of last 15 years
10. Chris Blaylock
9. Dustin Bellis
8. Jim Greenwood
7. Keith Michalski
6. Adam Gottsch
5. Eric Dolan
4. Matt Dolan
3. Lamont Young
2. Brandon Boyd
1. Wade Gies
Honorable Mention: TJ Ward, Jim Fenton,
Top Ten Girls of the last 15 years
10. Gracie Marshall
9. Kaitlyn Young
8. Erica Lord
7. Morgan Lenahan
6. Rebecca Pund
5. Maddie Lord
4. Breck Urban
3. Maggie Gies
2. Samantha Dimitri
1. Stephanie Gies
Honorable mention: Katherine Francolina, Dallas Urban, Jill Eves
A graduate of ours Samantha Dimitri is first girl to kick a field goal in South Jersey
Deptford girl splits the uprights as a kicker