1. All Leagues, All players will play at least half the game. Easiest way to
do this is sub every four minutes. During Playoffs I will be easier on this,
but the youth should take part in both halves. If you play the youth in the
regular season at least half the game I don’t think this will be a problem.
2. Mt Ephraim NBA and NCAA, four eight minute Quarters, three time outs
for the game. Gym Rats two 16 minute running clock half’s with 3 time
outs. Clock will stop on timeouts and foul shots. Also the last minute of
the half and game clock will stop on whistle. No O.T. except in playoffs
where there will be a two minute period and 1 timeout added
3. All Leagues, any player giving a technical foul will have to sit a bit but will
not play in his/her next game. If the player gets another technical foul the player will be
ejected the next two games. A third technical and the player is
expelled for the season. Any eighth grade player given a technical foul
loses their chance of winning the Mount Ephraim Basketball scholarship.
4. No full court pressure, [a] In the Gym Rats Division, please don’t pick up
at the half court line pull them back to the top of the key. Don’t trap
meaning don’t have two players waiting there. [b] In the NCAA & NBA
Division it’s ok to play closer to the half court line, but i have found out
the Referee’s like to let the player at least get into the front court before
playing defense. In the NCAA & NBA Divisions if the offense gets into the
front court any inbounds can be defended full court. Make sure Referee's
understand this. In the NBA Division we will try to do full court press the
last minute of the game. If this does not work out we will go back to no
5. In the Gym Rat Division, you will be allowed 5 seconds in the lane. In the
lane gets reset every time a shot is taken, so if a player is in there for like
10 seconds and there is several shots taken thats why there is no call.
6. Foul Shots, [a] Gym Rats: 3 feet in front of the foul line can hop over but
can’t be the first to touch the ball. [b] NCAA: can hop over the line but
can’t be the first one to touch the ball. I would like this rule only for the
weaker players the better players just for their own development should
shoot the right way.
7. No three point shots, I personally think this is why players don’t shoot the
short jumpers and layups well. If you check most games from last year,
teams lost because of either they miss over 70% of their foul shots or
miss to many lay ups.
8. All team’s make the playoffs, it’s a REC League have Fun