BACKGROUND CHECK Process:
* If you've lived in PA for the last 10 years: Click this link to get your background check. Verity will run a State Police PATCH clearance, and a Child Abuse Clearance from the Dept. of Public Welfare and send results to MAGS electronically. The cost is $12.00, and you must renew your background check every two years.
*If you have not lived in Pennsylvania for the last 10 years, you need additional clearance from the FBI, via a fingerprint check. This screening is good for 36 months.Here is the specific instructions for the FBI finger print process:
FBI CLEARANCE - can be applied for on-line or phone 1-888-439-2486
1. Access the Cogent Systems Website at: www.pa.cogentid.com
2. Choose Pennsylvania
3. Choose PDE
4. Click on “Register On-Line” and complete the information on the form
5. After completing the form, follow through for payment. The cost of the report is $27.00.
6. After your registration is completed and paid for, print out your receipt.
7. Go to one of the designated fingerprint collection locations. There is list on the website under “Print Locations”.
a. Please call the fingerprint location you choose for their dates and times of operation. The Delaware County Intermediate Unit is now requiring an appointment. Remember, you do have to register on-line before reporting to the fingerprint location.
b. You must bring identification with you when you go to be fingerprinted. There is a list of acceptable forms of ID on the website under “what to bring”.
8. You do not need to wait for a clearance to come in the mail. After having your fingerprints taken, the receipt you printed out can be scanned and emailed to league, or copied and handed in.