Snack Shack Opening Procedures (click for printable copy)
SNACK SHACK OPENING PROCEDURES
Both teams playing on American Field must have 2 volunteers (over age 18) in the snack shack. Volunteers should arrive 20 minutes before start of game and stay until relief for next game arrives.
Please notify board member or league director on duty if enough volunteers are not present.
WEEKNIGHTS – first game at 5:45 and SUNDAY AFTERNOONS – first game at 12:30 and SATURDAY starting with 10:30 game:
1. TURN ON ALL APPLIANCES:
· Hot Dog Machine – Turn on high place hotdogs in machine.
· French Fryer – Plug in machine set temperature knob to 375° - light will turn on. WAIT AT LEAST 20 MINUTES BEFORE PUTTING FRIES IN.
· Oven – Preheat to 400°
· George Foreman Grill – Plug in to preheat
· Warmer – Flip switch to turn on
· Coffee machines – Turn on warmers
· Pretzel Warmer – Flip switch on
2. CHECK SLUSHIE MACHINE – Make sure top is full with mixed base (in refrigerator with sign.) Do not let it go below black line on indicator. Check often during game. Make sure each flavoring is full. To refill, unscrew top and pour flavor (located in jugs above steel sink) into dispenser.
3. OPEN WINDOWS – Set out holder with napkins, plastic wear & straws, ketchup and mustard (found in refrigerator), salt, pepper, sugar, milk for coffee (put on ice), etc. at windows.
4. MAKE COFFEE – Make in machine designated, heat water in machine designated for “hot water only.” **Be sure to have empty pot under spout before pouring water in basin.**
5. HEAT PRETZELS – See instructions on microwave.
6. BEGIN COOKING – Hot dogs, burgers, french fries, chicken nuggets, pizza, etc. as appliances reach cooking temperature. – See directions for each appliance.
7. READY SPECIALS FOR SERVING - Use dry erase board or make sign to announce specials - use your judgment on pricing.
SATURDAY MORNING – First game at 8:30 am
1. MAKE COFFEE – Turn on warmers first and be sure to have empty pot under spout before pouring water in basin. Heat water for tea and hot chocolate in machine designated “hot water only”
2. SET OUT BAGELS – Set up table with cream cheese and butter.
3. SET OUT DONUTS, BAKED GOODS, OTHER SPECIALS – Use dry erase board to announce specials – also note bagels and egg sandwiches – use your judgment on pricing as specials are donated by parents.
4. MAKE A FEW EGG SANDWICHES ON GRIDDLE – Fry egg and/or taylor ham, place on roll with a slice of cheese. Put under warming lights until sold.
PRICE LISTS CAN BE FOUND NEXT TO CASH REGISTER AND AT WINDOWS.
PLEASE LEAVE NOTE IF YOU NOTICE WE ARE LOW ON ANY SUPPLIES.
PLEASE WATCH SLUSHIE MACHINE AT ALL TIMES. IT WILL FREEZE UP IF THE BASE GOES BELOW THE BLACK LINE INDICATOR ON TOP OF MACHINE.
USE GOOD SENSE AND SAFETY PRECAUTIONS.
WASH HANDS BEFORE AND AFTER TOUCHING RAW MEATS.
BE CAREFUL WITH KNIVES.
ABSOLUTELY NO CHILDREN IN SNACK SHACK AT ANY TIME!
THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!!!!