SNACK SHACK OPENING PROCEDURES
Both teams playing on American Field must have 2 volunteers (over age 18) in the snack shack. Volunteers should arrive 20 minutes before start of game and stay until relief for next game arrives.
Please notify board member or league director on duty if enough volunteers are not present.
WEEKNIGHTS – first game at 5:45 and SUNDAY AFTERNOONS – first game at 12:30 and SATURDAY starting with 10:30 game:
1. TURN ON ALL APPLIANCES:
· Hot Dog Machine – Turn on high place hotdogs in machine.
· French Fryer – Plug in machine set temperature knob to 375° - light will turn on. WAIT AT LEAST 20 MINUTES BEFORE PUTTING FRIES IN.
· Oven – Preheat to 400°
· George Foreman Grill – Plug in to preheat
· Warmer – Flip switch to turn on
· Coffee machines – Turn on warmers
· Pretzel Warmer – Flip switch on
2. CHECK SLUSHIE MACHINE – Make sure top is full with mixed base (in refrigerator with sign.) Do not let it go below black line on indicator. Check often during game. Make sure each flavoring is full. To refill, unscrew top and pour flavor (located in jugs above steel sink) into dispenser.
3. OPEN WINDOWS – Set out holder with napkins, plastic wear & straws, ketchup and mustard (found in refrigerator), salt, pepper, sugar, milk for coffee (put on ice), etc. at windows.
4. MAKE COFFEE – Make in machine designated, heat water in machine designated for “hot water only.” **Be sure to have empty pot under spout before pouring water in basin.**
5. HEAT PRETZELS – See instructions on microwave.
6. BEGIN COOKING – Hot dogs, burgers, french fries, chicken nuggets, pizza, etc. as appliances reach cooking temperature. – See directions for each appliance.
7. READY SPECIALS FOR SERVING - Use dry erase board or make sign to announce specials - use your judgment on pricing.
SATURDAY MORNING – First game at 8:30 am
1. MAKE COFFEE – Turn on warmers first and be sure to have empty pot under spout before pouring water in basin. Heat water for tea and hot chocolate in machine designated “hot water only”
2. SET OUT BAGELS – Set up table with cream cheese and butter.
3. SET OUT DONUTS, BAKED GOODS, OTHER SPECIALS – Use dry erase board to announce specials – also note bagels and egg sandwiches – use your judgment on pricing as specials are donated by parents.
4. MAKE A FEW EGG SANDWICHES ON GRIDDLE – Fry egg and/or taylor ham, place on roll with a slice of cheese. Put under warming lights until sold.
PRICE LISTS CAN BE FOUND NEXT TO CASH REGISTER AND AT WINDOWS.
PLEASE LEAVE NOTE IF YOU NOTICE WE ARE LOW ON ANY SUPPLIES.
PLEASE WATCH SLUSHIE MACHINE AT ALL TIMES. IT WILL FREEZE UP IF THE BASE GOES BELOW THE BLACK LINE INDICATOR ON TOP OF MACHINE.
USE GOOD SENSE AND SAFETY PRECAUTIONS.
WASH HANDS BEFORE AND AFTER TOUCHING RAW MEATS.
BE CAREFUL WITH KNIVES.
ABSOLUTELY NO CHILDREN IN SNACK SHACK AT ANY TIME!
THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!!!!
SNACK SHACK CLOSING PROCEDURES
8:00 GAMES – PLEASE USE COMMON SENSE IN PREPARING FOOD. Most people have already eaten dinner and will be looking for a snack vs. cooked food. Most food can be made to order.
TO GET READY TO CLOSE:
By end of fourth inning or second inning for Pee-Wees begin to clean-up.
Restock all drinks (water, sports drinks, and canned drinks). Stock is in shed outside snack shack.
Cleaning supplies are located by the small slop sink by door.
Clean all dishes, pots and utensils.
Wipe down all counters.
1. CLEAN ALL APPLIANCES:
· Hot Dog Machine – Wipe down and clean when slightly cooled and rollers are spinning. BE SURE TO CLEAN ROLLERS ON ALL SIDES. If leaving cooked hot dogs under warmer, please wrap only hot dogs in foil without bun.
· French Fryer – Turn off and unplug. Wipe down the outside. Take out the fryer baskets and cover the oil tightly with a large piece of foil. We will take care of changing the oil.
· Oven – Turn off and wipe down top of stove.
· George Foreman Grill – Unplug. CLEAN WITH WET PAPER TOWELS AND PLASTIC SCRAPER ONLY. DO NOT USE METAL UTENSILS OR ROUGH SPONGE!!
· Pizza Warmer – Flip switch off, wipe down.
· Pretzel Warmer – Flip switch off, wipe down.
· Coffee machines – Turn off warmers, DO NOT UNPLUG, empty grinds, wipe down machine and clean pots.
· Microwaves – Wipe out and clean glass tray
· Nacho Machine – Wipe down outside, DO NOT UNPLUG, make sure there is an extra bag of cheese on top of the used bag inside the machine.
2. CHECK SLUSHIE MACHINE – Before leaving make sure top is full with mixed base (in refrigerator with sign). Do not let it go below black line on indicator or it will freeze up. Wipe down outside. Make sure each flavoring dispenser is full. To refill, unscrew top and pour flavor (located in jugs above the steel sink) into dispenser.
3. REFRIGERATED ITEMS – Place condiments and milk in refrigerator.
4. LEFTOVERS – Wrap up and put away any specials that can be saved for next day, otherwise, throw away (or give away) all leftovers.
5. MONEY – Board member or league director on duty will count $.
6. INVENTORY – Please leave note if you notice we are low on any supplies.
THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!!!!