GYBA FALL 2016 REGISTRATION INFORMATION
Early Player Registration (Discount Available): July 8th - July 31st, 2016
Player Registration: August 1st - August 15th, 2016
Late Player Registration (Late Fee Applies): August 16th - League is Full
The Fall 2016 registration period will be from 7/8/16 through 8/15/16. Some age groups may fill up and close prior to the 8/15. DO NOT WAIT UNTIL THE LAST MINUTE. SPACE IS LIMITED.
The 2016 Fall Season Registration fees are as follows:
- 4U League: $100
- 5U-6U: $125
- 7U-8U: $130
- 9U-10U: $150
- 11U-12U: $165
- 13U-14U: $200
All fees include uniform jersey and cap, as well as entry into end of season tournament (EOS Tournament excludes 4U).
Managers & Coaches: Contact you Commissioner for more information on becoming a team manager or coach for Fall 2016.
General Information For Fall Season 2016:
The Fall Season is played from September – October; teams typically have 2-3 scheduled outings per week, which includes 1-2 games and scheduled practice time (no more than 3 contacts/touches per week). Our End of Season Tournament is scheduled at the end October (field availability and weather permitting). Fall Season games are played primarily on weekdays and weekends. Wednesday and Sunday are typically non-play game days but have been used in the past for rain make-ups, tournaments, and occasionally scheduled games (due to field availability issues). For Fall 2016, the games will begin on Saturday, September 10th.
Important Dates to Remember (subject to change):
- Registration Closes - August 15, 12pm,
- Late registrations (after 8/15) - only if space is available. $25 late fee and no discounts applied.
- Manager Applications Due - August, 1 12pm - To Commissioner
- 48 Baseball Rosters/Protection Lists Due - August, 1 12pm - To Commissioner, all protected players must be registered and paid, no exceptions
- Financial Aid Applications Due - August 1, 12pm
- 6U-12U Tryouts - August 23rd and 25th - 6-8pm (4U WILL NOT TRYOUT)(Pick one of the nights to tryout, not both)
- Manager Meeting - TBD
- Practices Can Start - August 29 or when instructed by your coach
- End of Season Tournament (weather permitting) - October 29th and 30th (subject to change due to format)
NEXT UMPIRE TRAINING DATES
Tuesday, 08/30 from 7:00pm - 9:00pm
Thursday, 09/01 from 7:00pm - 9:00pm
In case of rain we will have rules review in the "Sky Box". Be reading MLB rules, sections 4-7 specifically, and the GYBA rules posted to this website. Questions will be asked.
Thursday, 09/08 from 7:00pm - 8:30pm
- IN UNIFORM, final rules review, last chance Q&A and/or on field training review before opening day Saturday 09/10
Tim Reynolds, Umpire Director
Fall 2016 Dick's Shopping Event
All Georgetown Youth Baseball Association coaches, players and families are invited to receive 20% OFF during the Shop Event on August 27th. If they do not have it in-store, it can be ordered and shipped to your home free with the 20% discount applied.
Dick's Sporting Goods looks forward to providing you with outstanding services and offers to ensure you have the right gear to “live the brand” out in the community.
Dick’s Sporting Goods Community Program’s goal is to Inspire, Support and Equip youth sports participants in the communities they serve. Behind every young competitor is a committed parent, coach and official, behind them is DICK'S Team Sports HQ.
CLICK HERE TO PRINT THE COUPON
DATE: Saturday – August 27th
STORE: Dick’s Sporting Goods Pflugerville – 19000 Limestone Commercial Drive, Pflugerville, Texas
HOURS: 9am - 9:30pm
Field Conditions and Game Updates
Fields are closed until further notice due to current maintenance projects being done.
Please make sure to leave the field in better condition than you found it.
- rake after use - pick up trash in and around the field - lock gates
During the weekdays, the decision on field closure is typically made by 4:00pm and communicated here. Please contact your coach for up to date field conditions. Our goal is to try to get as many games in as possible and avoid rescheduling games. Due to the timing of when weather rolls in, some decisions are made near or during game time.
Click here to register for Field Status & Important Date alerts.