Last Updated: May 24, 2015
VISIT US ONLINE:
for Orders Over $80
Join Our EMail List
Thanks for visiting!
DGSA Code of Conduct
Dillsburg Girls Softball Association
Code of Conduct
DGSA strives to provide a safe and enjoyable environment for our girls to enjoy the game of softball. For the most part spectators conduct themselves in a supportive and responsible manner. However, every season there are always a couple of individuals whose conduct is less than exemplary. The code of conduct set forth below is expected to be adhered to by everyone: parents, spectators, coaches, and players. If you have a grievance to file, please refer to our grievance procedure.
Code of Conduct of a Serious Nature
DGSA not only expects its coaches to set an example of good sportsmanship but for spectators to do the same. Reported or observed conduct may be considered a grievance and will be dealt with seriously. Such conduct includes but is not limited to the following and pertains to coaches, parents, spectators, and players.
1. Excessive physical contact of any kind.
2. Use of profanity in the presence of players or verbal abuse directed at players.
3. Use of alcoholic beverages or other intoxicating substances during, or prior to, official League functions, including meetings, games, or team practices.
4. Use of controlled substances of any kind during, or prior to, official League functions, including meetings, games, or team practices.
5. Use of tobacco products of any kind in the immediate area of the players and anywhere on the actual playing field including meetings, games, or team practices.
6. Engaging in illegal or immoral activity, either within or away from official League functions. This applies to anyone actively connected with the team including head coaches, assistant coaches, team parents, scorekeepers, and anyone helping or assisting with practices.
The above violations or any other violation deemed to be of a serious nature will be brought before the DGSA board and will be punishable by no less than a one game suspension. A parent or spectator that fails to abide by any disciplinary action set down by the DGSA board will cause the player associated with that parent or spectator to be benched for the duration of the suspension or until the parent or spectator takes responsibility and serves the suspension.
Suspensions handed out to players or coaches for violation of the above conduct that they fail to abide by will result in a forfeit for the team during the duration of the suspension until those persons under suspension take responsibility for their actions and serve the suspension. Suspensions will prohibit participation in games or practices for the duration of the suspension.
Repeated violations could result in expulsion from the Association meaning that the family may not be permitted to sign up to play softball in the Dillsburg Girls Softball Association. Repeat offenders would have to apply for reinstatement for the following season before the DGSA board providing proof that repeat offenses will not occur.
Through education and continued exposure and reminders of what is expected, and participants exercising common sense and good judgment, it is our hope that disciplinary actions described above will not have to be handed out. DGSA encourages everyone to enjoy the games and conduct themselves appropriately.
General Code of Conduct
1. Be supportive of coaches and treat them with respect at all times.
2. Cheer and provide encouragement to players of both teams at every opportunity.
3. Do not criticize coaches (of either team) or umpires by word of mouth or gestures.
4. Bring any problem with any other player, coach, umpire, fan, etc. to the attention of the coach immediately, but by no later than the night of the incident.
5. Respect umpire’s decisions. Respect coach’s decisions as to playing time for each player. Display modesty in victory and graciousness in defeat.
6. Never yell at, bully or ridicule any player for making a mistake or losing a game.
7. Offer praise for competing fairly and trying hard. Doing one’s best is as important as winning. Every player should feel like a winner every game, regardless of the final score.
8. Play hard and have fun; Play by the rules and resolve conflicts without violence or hostility.
9. Booing, taunting, trash-talking, or profane/vulgar language will not be tolerated.
10. No player, coach, spectator will directly or indirectly intimidate, threaten or strike anyone on the playing field or in the vicinity of the field, including the parking lot.
11. No player shall use, nor shall any coach condone, unnecessarily rough play or tactics that may place any player in potential harm.
12. Code of Conduct violations may result in ejection, suspension and forfeiture of post-season play or DGSA participation in subsequent years.
DGSA PLAYERS AND FAMILIES:
PLEASE JOIN US FOR OUR END OF SEASON PICNIC!
SUNDAY, JUNE 7TH
(PLEASE PARK IN FRONT AND WALK TO BACK)
GAMES ON FIELD, VOLLEYBALL, BASKETBALL, PLAYGROUND
Team Photo of the Week
Please go here to volunteer and Signup!
Some coaching flyers have been posted on the "Handouts" Page!
DGSA is now on Facebook! Stop by and click Like to keep up to date on events and reminders. You can find us by searching for Dillsburg softball or by following the Facebook link to the left.
For a complete calendar listing, click here!