43rd ANNUAL GOOSETOWN/BUD LIGHT SOFTBALL TOURNAMENT RULES
TEAMS WILL USE ASA RULES WITH THE FOLLOWING EXCEPTIONS. TOURNAMAMENT DATE JULY 7TH, 8TH, 9TH, AND 10TH 2016
Welcome to the 43rd Annual “Best In The West”, Club Modern, Bud Light, \Zip Beverage, Universal Athletic, Dudley, Kana 580,, We hope you enjoy the tournament and have a fun-filled but safe weekend. GOOSETOWN ROCKS. Please help support our Tournament sponsors. GOOSETOWN IS THE LONGEST RUNNING MAJOR SOFTBALL TOURNAMENT IN THE USA.
ABSOLUTELY NO COOLERS, FOOD, OR GLASS CONTAINERS OF BEER OR ALCOHOL OF ANY KIND IS ALLOWED INSIDE OF THE CYM SPORTS COMPLEX AT ANY TIME. IF YOU BRING IN A COOLER YOU WILL BE ASKED TO TAKE IT OUT. NO GLASS CONTAINERS OF ANY KIND ARE ALLOWED ON OR IN ANY OF THE PLAYING FIELDS!!! NO FIRES ARE ALLOWED OUTSIDE DESIGNATED FIRE PITS IN THE PARK.
THERE WILL BE A FREE BARBAEQUE (BEEF & PORK) ON SATURDAY FROM 1-6PM AT THE CLUB MODERNE LOCATED AT 801 EAST PARK ST. COME IN AND VISIT JOHN HE IS A GREAT SOFTBALL SUPPORTER & SPONSOR
MENS & WOMENS HOME RUN CONTEST WOMENS IS FRIDAY NITE AT 10 AND THE MENS WILL BE SATURDAY NITE AT 10 AT WAHOE PARK FIELD. PLAYERS MUST PAY WHEN ENTERING. PARTICIPANTS ENTER AT THE SCOREKEEPERS BOOTH PRIOR TO THE CONTEST. ENTRY FEE IS $30 PER PLAYER. CASH AWARDS FOR FIRST AND SECOND PLACE & A NEW BAT WILL BE GIVE TO THE WINNER
TICKETS PLACED IN PACKETS NEED TO ALSO BE TURNED IN AT THE ANNOUNCERS BOOTH. PUT YOUR NAME ON THE TICKETS. WE WILL BE DRAWING FOR BATS, BAGS, SHIRTS, ETC. $3,000 IN PRIZES. BE SURE AND TURN IN YOUR TICKETS.
TOURNAMENT RULES AND REGULATIONS *********ALL GAMES WILL BEGIN WITH A 1-1 COUNT (NATIONAL ASA RULE)
1. No Infield Allowed. No warm up pitches after the first inning.
2. RUN RULE IS 10 AFTER 4 ½ INNINGS. All games are on a 1 hour and 10 minute time limit unless the game is within 2 runs.
3. UMPIRE WILL NOTIFY THE TEAMS PRIOR TO THE LAST INNING IF THE GAME IS TO BE CALLED DUE TO THE TIME LIMIT.
4. FORFEIT RULE is 5 minutes after scheduled starting time unless a team is coming from another field.
5. ALL GAME WILL BE PLAYED WITH A 1 AND 1 COUNT If there are other delays or extra innings the umpire can also use a 2-1 OR 3-2 COUNT DEPENDING ON THE CIRCUMSTANCES. If A GAME IS STARTING MORE THAN 30 MINUTE BEHIND SCHEDULED STARTING TIME THE UMPIRE SHALL USE A 2-1 COUNT THE ENTIRE GAME.
6. NO STEEL RULE; IN ORDER TO MAKE SURE GAME ARE ON TIME NO PLAYERS WILL BE ABLE TO STEEL IN THE TOURNAMENT. THIS IS IN ALL DIVISIONS OF PLAY
7. FREE SUBSTITUTION is allowed and you may bat as many as you want. Players may play defense but they do NOT have to bat. TEAMS MUST HAVE 9 PLAYERS TO START A GAME.
8. COURTESY RUNNERS ARE ALLOWED. They must be the last out and only TWO allowed per inning. If the sub is on base when it is their turn to bat they are out.
9. PLAYERS CAN ONLY PLAY ON 1 TEAM IN ONE DIVISION. (EXCEPTION CONSOLATION BRACKETS) THE 1ST TEAM YOU PLAY ON IS THE ONLY TEAM YOU CAN PLAY WITH. IF YOU GET CAUGHT PLAYING ON TWO TEAMS YOU ARE DISQUALIFIED FOR THE REST OF THE TOURNAMENT. SO DON’T DO IT. IT ISN’T WORTH IT.
10. MENS C DIVISION: Home Run Rule is 6 (Additional Home Runs are outs)
MENS D DIVISION: Home Run Rule is 3 (Additional Home Runs are outs)
MENS E DIVISION: Home Run Rule is 1 (Additional Home Runs are outs)
MENS F DIVISION: Home Run Rule is 1 (Additional Home Runs are outs)
WOMENS DIVISION: Home Run Rule is (3) at Marty May JC Fields (additional are outs) FIELDS #6 HOME RUN RULE IS 6 AND BEN GOODMAN HOME RUN RULE IS 3 PER TEAM. ADDITIONAL HOME RUNS ARE OUTS. CYM FIELDS 1-5 UMLIMITED HOME RUNS
12. ANY PROTEST MUST BE DECLARED BEFORE THE COMPLETION OF A GAME. If the UIC is immediately available he will make the decision if he is not available then the umpire who is umpiring that field will make the decision.
13. All teams in the consolation brackets will be allowed to pick up players as long as the pickup player is from the same division of play.
14. THE TOURNAMENT DIERECTOR IS BILL HILL. YOU CAN CONTACT HIM AT 406-560-1197 UCI TRACI THOMAS 560-0749
15. Consolation division IN THE MENS E1 & E2 will be played in Butte on Sunday. THE WINNERS WILL RECEIVE SHIRTS
16. NO COURTESY FOUL BALL IS ALLOWED ON THIRD STRIKE IT IS A OUT