Haverford Township Little League (HTLL)
Evaluations - Sunday March 11th
All new players to the league, as well as returning players that are eligible for a new division MUST attend player evaluation day on Sunday March 11th, 2018.
Evaluations will be held at the Haverford College Field House on the campus of Haverford College.
Check-in for MINOR league division evaluations begins at 8:45 AM and the evaluation process will begin promptly at 9:00 PM.
Check-in for MAJOR league evaluations begins at 9:00 AM and the evaluation process will begin promptly at 9:15 AM.
What Parents Should Bring To Evaluations
- Medical release form (download) (no doctor signature is required)
- Birth Certificate (copy is acceptable) - this is required for ALL NEW AND RETURNING PLAYERS. We do not need to keep it, it we simply need to see it and verify the date of birth. If you emailed or mailed a copy since you registered, we already have it.
What Your Child Should Wear/Bring
- Wear comfortable clothing, such as sweats or shorts, t-shirt; sneakers. No baseball cleats please.
- Bring a baseball glove (mitt).
- You may bring your own bat but we will also have some there to use.
- We will supply the baseballs needed for the evaluation but you can bring one to warm up if you wish.
- Bring water or sports drink to hydrate.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2018 Bat Standards - Important Information
As many of you may have heard, effective on January 1, 2018, Little League Baseball® will adhere to the new USABat standard. No bats previously approved for use in Little League Play will be permitted to be used in any Little League game or practice, or other Little League function, event, or activity.
The new bats are expected to be on sale starting in September 2017 and will be stamped with the “USA Baseball” logo like the one below. Please be careful and do not purchase a bat with the “1.15 BPF” stamp, as these bats will not be permitted starting January 1, 2018. Please Note: these new bat standards to NOT apply to Fall Ball 2017.
Provided below are two links from the Little League website that should be able to answer most question you may have. If you have additional questions please feel free to contact Mark Strohecker (email@example.com) and we will attempt to answer your questions.