Last Updated: August 27, 2015
Hockey Website for the New Castle Community YMCA
Fall Payment Information
You can pay NOW online at http://www.ncymca.org/memberships/online-registration-instructions. You may also pay at the downtown YMCA or YZONE. Y Members only pay $20 while non-members pay $50. The hours for both facilities are below for your convenience. YOU MUST PAY BEFORE YOUR FIRST GAME AND BRING A RECEIPT TO THE RINK.
***Goalies can double roster but must pay BOTH league fees!***
Monday-Friday: 5:30 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Monday-Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Fall Session Information
The Fall schedule has been released for both roller and footer. Please keep the following information in mind when reviewing your schedule:
1. Footer teams play four teams twice and everyone else once. Roller teams play everyone once.
2. Due to a reduction in teams, all teams had to play outside of their requests at least once. I ask that you make it work. It was impossible to accommodate every team with such a difference in availability.
3. Very rarely were complete nights filled up. Therefore, rainouts will most likely be scheduled within the schedule and not at the end whenever possible.
4. Schedule locks at NOON on TUESDAY, AUGUST 25TH! Please post any scheduling change requests before then. No promises will be made as to any changes. There will be NO changes after noon Tuesday.
5. There will most likely be a footer pickup Monday at the rink. Roller either Tuesday or Thursday. Price will be $5. Members play for free, just show your card.
Fall Rule Changes
1. Anyone that tries to play without paying will be kicked out of the game immediately and issued a one game suspension. That suspension will not start until AFTER payment is submitted.
Any player caught more then once is suspended for the session.
2. We are no longer accepting sub fees unless a team is short a player. In other words a team can only use a sub if they have below 5 players in footer and 4 in roller. If more then 1 sub is needed, that team must forfeit.
3. All players must wear hockey shin guards, hockey gloves, and a hockey helmet. Soccer shin guards and/or batting gloves are NOT acceptable.
It is not the referees job to ensure every single player is in accordance. Players have to be responsible. Therefore, anyone not using proper equipment will be thrown out of the game. No warnings will be issued.
NOTE: If either of these things happen during the game and causes a delay, a delay of game penalty will be issued. Captains, it's strongly advise to make sure your team is fully paid and wearing the proper gear BEFORE each game.
August 28, 2015 – 07:00 PM
Join the New Castle YMCA as we begin our family skate nights at the dek hockey rink! This event is completely FREE to New Castle YMCA Family members. If you have a youth or adult membership, the cost is only $10 for you and your family. If you do not have a membership with the New Castle YMCA, the cost is $20 for you and your family. (pay at the door) It will take place on Friday, August 28th from 7-9pm. There will be music, games and maybe even some prizes! For more information, contact Youth and Family Director, Justin Umbs at 724-658-9211 or through email at Jumbs@ncymca.org. Look forward to seeing you there!
For a complete schedule listing, click here!