- WORK HARD
- PLAY FAIR
- HAVE FUN
2018 SPRING REGISTRATION
Online Registration is still active - to get started select FORMS on the main menu, then ONLINE FORMS, then 2018 Spring Player Registration.
The regular registration period ended on 2/16. All divisions are now potentially subject to Wait Lists and Late Fees. As divisions become full, their status will be updated below:
- There are currently NO wait lists, all divisions remain open.
Registration Fees are the same as last spring - for more information, select PAGES on the main menu, then REGISTRATION.
For more information on our Baseball programs, select PAGES on the main menu, then CLINIC, INTRAMURAL, or TRAVEL. Please read the FAQ sections at the bottom of those pages, and if you have any additional questions, you can email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
INTRAMURAL PLAYER EVALUATIONS - Sun 3/11
All players in Intramural 8U, 10U, 12U, and 15U divisions are required to participate in a player evaluation so that we can attempt to make competitively balanced teams.
- 8U, 10U, and 12U will be on Sunday 3/11 at Northeast HS Gymnasium, times to be in the afternoon, but specifics determined in late February.
- 15U may also be on Sunday 3/11, to be determined in late February.
Note: there are NO player evaluations in any Clinic divisions. The Clinic director will form team rosters, and team managers will contact players in mid March.
AA COUNTY COACHES CLINIC - Wed March 7
All prospective coaches for 2018 must be certified by Anne Arundel County Department of Recreation and Parks. This includes a background check within the last three years, and attending a series (3) of coaches clinics. Please visit R&P website www.aacounty.org/recparks for more information, or contact one of the sports directors (CONTACTS on the main menu).
The next R&P Coaches Clinic will be on Wednesday March 7, 6pm, at the Old Mill HS Auditorium.
BASEBALL AGE FOR NEXT YEAR (2019)
Parents - be prepared that for next year (2019), most major youth organizations will complete moving to a new age cutoff date - August 31 / September 1. Little League (R) and PONY are using that date this spring (2018), while Ripken, Babe Ruth, others are holding off one more year. We are planning to implement the new cutoff age with the 2018 FALL season.
- The new cutoff puts youth baseball in line with school grades, so that in most cases, children will be able to play in the same age division as the children in their school classes.
- For children born between September and April, they will not be directly affected.
- For children born between April and August, your child will get to play as the same age again.
FLAGPOLE PROJECT - Seeking Sponsors
The new flagpole has FINALLY been installed! We plan to have a dedication ceremony on Opening Day, or if necessary, at some point later in the season. We will also be installing a permanent dedication marker/monument as part of the flagpole.
We are still looking for sponsors to help us offset the cost of the pole, its installation, and surrounding landscaping. If you wish to help out, please consider one of the following donation levels:
- $100 - recognition on our website, from the time we receive the contribution, up to one year after dedication of the flagpole.
- $250 - same as $100, plus their business name engraved on the permanent metal marker to be installed near the flagpole.
- $500 - same as $250, but the engraving in a larger font size on the same marker.
Donations of any amount can be made electronically on this website under SPONSORS on the left menu. If you have questions, or want to make a contribution in person, please contact email@example.com.
JOIN THE CLUB
Your registration fee was actually a membership fee - and with that membership you get the right to help your Club and community to be the best that it can be. And if it isn't the best it can be, its probably only because you haven't taken full advantage of your membership rights.
So please - we are ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS looking for volunteers.
* ALL Board members, managers, and coaches must complete a background investigation by Rec & Parks - see Coaches Info for more details.