Our organization is non-profit, and we provide developmental leagues where our objective is to reinforce the ideals of good sportsmanship, honesty, loyalty, courage and respect for authority while teaching the fundamentals of baseball and softball.
We offer both House leagues and Travel leagues as options to parents and players. These leagues differ with respect to competitive levels of play and time/financial commitments required. For a more detailed comparison of House vs. Travel leagues, click here.
Michigan Sports Academy - provides training opportunities for baseball and softball players looking to take their games up notch.
- Summer Clinics being offered July 25th-27th at Saline Rec Center Fields (refer to MSA website for additional details
SAYB&S Picture Day - Saturday May 21st (specific details will be distributed to coaches to pass along to parents
Pitch, Hit, & Run Contest - Saturday May 21st:
Along with Picture Day, SAYB&S will be co-hosting with Saline Parks & Recreation our first Pitch, Hit & Run contest. The pictures and competition will take place at the Saline High School softball fields. The plan is to have those players interested in participating to do so after their pictures are complete. Volunteers to assist with judging and contest administration are welcome. If you'd like to volunteer, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Registration Ends: Feb 28th (Late Registration Period Mar 1st - Mar 15th)
- Baseball Player Evaluation Date: Saturday March 19th (Saline Middle School)
- Currently Registered Players Ages 8-10 will go from 8:30 to 10:30
- Currently Registered Players Ages 11-14 will go from 11:00 to 1:00
- All players should bring glove and bat (helmet is not necessary)
- Baseball & Softball Practices Begin: Week of April 11th
- Baseball & Softball Season Ends: Week of June 30th
SAYB&S Day at Dick's Sporting Goods is Saturday March 19th. Coupon for in-store savings available March 1st - December 31st (cannot be combined with other in-store appreciation day coupons).
Special Annual Membership Rates to the Saline Rec Center for SAYB&S members: click here for details
Michigan Baseball Elite Development Camps - register at www.MichiganBaseballCamps.com (questions can be directed to Aaron Etchison at email@example.com or by calling 734-647-4583)
Upcoming SAYB&S Board Meetings (8:30-10:00 at Liberty School room 33):
January 12th, 2016 (Tuesday)
February 8th, 2016 (Monday)
March 14th, 2016 (Monday)
April 11th, 2016 (Monday)
May 9th, 2016 (Monday)
June 13th, 2016 (Monday)
July 11th, 2016 (Monday)
August 8th, 2016 (Monday)
September 12th, 2016 (Monday)
October 10th, 2016 (Monday)
November 14th, 2016 (Monday)
December 12th, 2016 (Monday)
2017 Travel Baseball Tryout Schedule (please check back in case there are changes):
- Pre-Registration (click here) is highly recommended