Spring 2018 Registration
Registration for the 2018 Spring season is now open!
We have made some changes this year, that will be very important for you to note -
The "drop-dead" date to be registered is January 13th.
There will NOT be sign-ups at try-outs!
It makes if far too difficult to line up managers when we don't have a clear idea of how many players there will be.
We need to know BEFORE try-outs/skills evaluation.
- WHO is eligible to register?
No changes here! Any child who is LEAGUE AGE 4-12. Rather than engage in a long, confusing discussion of what league age IS, please refer to this article to determine your child's "league age".
- HOW much will it cost?
The cost of registration has gone up, for the first time since 2010. The pricing structure is as follows - $150/player; $275/2 players (siblings in the same household, which represents a $25 discount for the second player); $400/3 players (siblings in the same household, again $25 discount EACH for the 2nd and 3rd players); for families who have more than three children playing, the cost will be $125/player for each player beyond the first (continuing the $25 discount per player). No early-bird pricing and no late fees - one price.
- WHAT else do I need to know?
(1) If you are signing up a child for the first time with our league, you will need to provide a COPY of his/her birth certificate. (2) You will need your child's insurance information, and also the date of his/her last tetanus shot. (3) Try-outs/skills evaluation will take place in January (tentatively scheduled for January 20th, with the 27th as a make-up/rain date in case the earlier date is rained out). (4) Teams are not drafted (Majors, AAA and AA) or formed (A and T-ball) until AFTER the last skills evaluation session.
- If you have any questions or concerns, please contact SLVLL board member Sue Sutherlin; if she doesn't know the answer to a question, she will find it from someone who does.
Little League Bat Resource Page (***UPDATED 07/26/17***)
VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION regarding bats - do NOT purchase a bat for your child until you have researched carefully. Please note that as of January 1, 2018, the new USA Baseball Bat Standard will be implemented.
Little League-approved baseball bats that were approved for use for the 2017 season will no longer be acceptable for use in any Little League game or activity starting on January 1, 2018.
Everything you ever needed to know about bats and Little League can be found HERE at the Little League Bat Resource Page. (*** This information is current as of 07/26/17)
Interleague Scorekeeping Expectations and Etiquette
Stay Informed! Register Your Email!
2018 Volunteer Form Available
All individuals volunteering in any capacity (manager, coach, team parent, scorekeepers, snack shack helpers, umpires, etc.) must complete and submit a 2018 volunteer form ASAP. Returning volunteer? See note below.
- VERY IMPORTANT NOTE - if you fill the form out online, use the "Print" icon.
Do NOT use the download function - it downloads a BLANK form.
Check Out the Archive Section
Past and previous articles now have a home! Look for the Archive of Past Reports link in the menu to the left. As news quickly fades to the back burner, articles of interest can still be found pickled and preserved in this nostalgic area of our website.