Southwest Showcase Labor Day 14U CHAMPIONS
cell (623) 418-0183
Professional and private basketball trainer
Working with kids throughout the valley for 20 years
Back row: JORDAN W. Jordan L, Brick, Drew Chase
Front row: Alec S., Justin D., Nicky S., Jake O.
Danielle's Hip Hop Crew wins USA GOLD MEDAL
They opened up for the JABBAWOCKEEZ who won America Best Dance Crew in the first season. They are trained and work with AUTOMATIC RESPONSE who also competed on America Best Dance Crew and they all train out of DIVERSE ELEMENTS DANCE STUDIO in Phoenix
Sasha Vujacic "The MACHINE"
Drew Bender going hard to the hoop against the AZ Sting. The team was led by Drew Bender, Dionte Thompson &Trey Ingram but this was a total team effort from all Matt Lauer, Dominique Cleveland, Bryce Frintner, Kendrick Nickels, Justin Dombrowski, Brent McFarlane, Sean Deacon. Congratulations to all the Arizona Future teams that played in the MLK tournament.
10U Arizona Future-Legends win March 2009 Southwest Showcase tournament
ArizonaVarsity.com Basketball Analyst
super-frosh Drew Bender (Pinnacle), and the ever improving and talented Kenny Martin (Amphi, 2012). Martin is considered the top young big man in the state after his performance in the Spring Championships.
|AZ Future 16U|
U16 Arizona FUTURE- All City Team Wins Championship at Starvision's Center Stage and makes Strong Showing in 17U Las Vegas Fab 48
Special thanks to All Arizona Future players and families for their support.
This tournament featured top talent from the west coast and the U16 Arizona Future- ALL City team played better and better as the tournament went on.
For additional information please contact, Ron Bender 480-575-5653 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phoenix, AZ Hometown
- Pinnacle High School
- 180 lbsWeight
- —Overall Rank
- 39Position Rank
Bender is a multi-skilled wing-type that can play all three perimeter positions at this level. He has good quickness, speed, and he is bouncy as well. He handles the ball well in the open court and can dish out the nifty assist. His jump shot is solid as well and he does a great job of slashing to the rim. He plays hard at both ends and he appears to always trying to make the right basketball play for his team to win. Overall, he has a high basketball IQ and a willingness to make plays at crucial times of the game.
Bender is a good athlete (not great) with decent bounce and quickness, but he may struggle guarding quicker 2's and 3's at the next level. He needs to improve his defensive stance and bend his knees more as he needs to do a better job of keeping his man in front of him. Offensively, we're not sure what position he'll be at the next level, but he does have the skills to be a point forward type.
Overall, Bender has an advanced skill set and is quite mature for only a sophomore. Thus, it will be interesting to see how his game evolves in the coming seasons. He can hit shots from anywhere and he loves to attack in transition. In addition, his passing prowess is impressive as well. He is definitely one of the more intriguing prospects in the class of 2013 in Arizona.
CLICK ON LINK FOR HIGHLIGHT VIDEO OF THE WEST COAST FALL SHOWCASE in PHOENIX OCTOBER 22 & 23, 2010
West Coast Fall Showcase Day 2 Recap of the "SUPER POOLS", Semi Finals & Championship Game.
By: Jeff Meadows
Day 2: CHAMPIONSHIP PLAY
The 1st Semi Finals game of the “SUPER POOLS” AZ STARS 15U vs AZ FUTURE 16U.
As the “SUPER POOLS” pool play ended, the four teams that advanced to the semi finals were very eager to get the semi finals under way. In pool A you have the AZ STARS 15U. The AZ STARS 15U is a storied program that happens to be one of about 36-38 programs throughout the United States that has a Nike contract. This AZ STARS 15U team finished their spring/summer being ranked at the # 15 spot nationally. This AZ STARS 15U team is “STACKED” from 1-12 they can easily go that deep & not miss much of a beat. The AZ STARS 15U are led by Rolando Rhymes, Dorian Pickens, Roberto Reyes, Sam Jones, Zylan Cheetman, Deron Kyle, Gino Littles, Ahmed Levon, Pablo Rivas, etc. The AZ STARS 15U defeated the Tucson Heat #5 & Oregon St. (team of free agents) on their road to the semi finals & they would face the #1 team in pool B, the AZ FUTURE 16U. The AZ FUTURE 16U is a talented, well rounded team that has all of the makings to be a team that must be accounted in any tournament they play in. The winners of pool B the AZ FUTURE 16U, who on their way to the semi finals defeated the Tucson Heat #4 & TEAM P.R.E.P. to win their pool. The AZ FUTURE 16U is led by 5’10 court savvy (PG) Eddie Little, 6’4 (F) Cody March, 6’1 (CG) Will Donovan and 5’9 (PG) Trey Ingram etc.
Let’s take a look at both the “AZ STARS 15U” & the “AZ FUTURE 16U” roster.
AZ STARS 15U Coach: Don Pickens & James Parker
Deron Kyle 5’8 (PG) Deer Valley 2014
Gino Littles 5’8 (PG) Chaparral 2014
Rolando Rhymes 5’10 (PG) St Mary’s 2014
Christian Harris 5’10 (G) Mesa 2014
Roberto Reyes 6’3 (W) Gilbert Christian 2014
Ahmad Levon 6’4 (F) North 2013
Dorian Pickens 6’5 (W) Pinnacle 2014
Geoffrey Vredevoogd 6’5 F/C Perry 2014
Sam Jones 6'6 (W) Gilbert Christian 2014
Pablo Rivas 6’6 (F) Chavez 2014
Zylan Cheetman 6’6 (W) St. Mary’s 2014
Mark Andrews 6’6 (F) MT. Ridge 2014
AZ FUTURE 16U Coach: Ron Bender
Justin Dombrowski 5’8 (PG) Brophy 2013
Trey Ingram 5’9 (PG) Pinnacle 2014
Trey Hoebee 5’9 (PG) Apache Elem 2015
Eddie Little 5’10 (PG) Queek Creek 2013
Uno Ekpoh 5’10 (PG) Sunrise 2014
Tyler Dilyard 5’10 (PG) Boulder Creek 2012
Jack Daley 5’11 (PG) Cactus Shadows 2013
Will Donovan 6’0 (G) Pinnacle 2014
Matt Lauer 6’1 (CG) Horizon 2013
Cody March 6’4 (F) Sandra Day O'Connor 2013
Bryce Frintner 6’4 (F) Pinnacle 2013
On paper, the AZ STARS 15U looked like the odds on favorite but having said that, no one thought that the AZ FUTURE 16U would have finished 1st in their pool either but that’s why we play the game. Now the moment that we’ve all been waiting for, the semi finals of the “SUPER POOLS” the AZ STARS 15U vs the AZ FUTURE 16U, let the games begin.
The game: AZ STARS 15U vs AZ FUTURE 16
The gym was packed, the players, excited as everyone began to stuff into the main gym to watch a very good match up for the 1st Semi Final game of the “SUPER POOLS” Championship. Once the game got started, the AZ STARS 15U came out fast & hard as they took an early commanding 16-4 lead. Rolando Rhymes the 5’10 (PG) of St. Mary’s 2014 spearheaded the charge with his constant penetration & getting to the basket. Dorian Pickens the 6’5 (W) also was very effective in the early going. Eddie Little the 5’10 (PG) was a very bright spot for the AZ FUTURE 16U as he did some penetrating & kicking out to the (W) for the open shot & playing solid defense. The AZ FUTURE 16U fought back to close the gap to 28-24 at the half.
In the 2nd half, the AZ FUTURE 16U looked as if they were going to make a big run to take the lead behind the solid play of Cody March 6’4 (F), cut the lead to 43-39 but that was as close as they would get as the AZ STARS 15U would close out the victory 59-46. The ENTIRE AZ STARS 15U team looked great in the victory. The AZ STARS 15U were led by Rolando Rhymes 19pts 3assist & 5 steals, Dorian Pickens added 16pts 8rebs & 3assist, Roberto Reyes added 13pts & 10rebs. & for the AZ FUTURE 16U 5’10 (PG) Eddie Little who scored a team high 13pts & 6assist, Cody March 6’4 (F) added 12 pts & 8 rebs & 5’10 (CG) Will Donovan chipped in 11 pts 4 rebs. With the win the AZ STARS 15U moved on to the Championship game of the West Coast Fall Showcase “SUPER POOLS”. “We stayed consistent all game” said AZ STARS 15U coach Don Pickens “We played well on both ends of the court”. “We missed a couple of easy baskets down the stretch which ended up costing us in the end” said AZ FUTURE 16U coach Ron Bender. The AZ STARS 15U advanced to the finals to play the winner of the next game Tucson Heat #3 vs True Ballerz.
Elite 8 Top Prospects
Written by Van Coleman Tuesday, 17 May 2011 12:54
of New Mexico. Can stroke the deep 3 ala his pops Olympian Steve Alford and has legitimate point guard floor game. Game is already more advanced than his older brother who had D-1 offers but chose to stay at home and play for his father at New Mexico.
CLUB TEAM NAME IS: ARIZONA FUTURE/ACES
DREW BENDER 6'5" Combo guard, Pinnacle High 2013, YOU TUBE Highlights
KENNY MARTIN 6'10" Wing, Kellis High 2012, check YOU TUBE Highlights
DEVIN NELSON 6'3" Wing, Pinnacle High 2012, check YOU TUBE for Highlights
JARVIS LEWIS 6'6" Power Forward, Chaparral High 2012, YOU TUBE Highlights
GREG CARTER 5'9" Point Guard, Desert Vista High 2013
JOSH BRAUN 6'5" Wing, Boulder Ceek High 2013
JOE BOYD 6'9" Center, Chaparral High 2013
RYAN BERG 5'10" Point Guard, Saguaro High 2013
SAM ESPOSITO 5'8" Point Guard, Chaparral High 2013
ERIC CONKLIN 6'6" Center, Chaparral High 2013
CSU Dominguez Hills (Carson, CA)
Cabrillo High School (Long Beach, CA)
July 11-13 Fullcourt Press All West Camp Presented by Pangos
Cabrillo High School (Long Beach, CA)
July 14-15 CREAM of the CROP Presented by Pangos
Cabrillo High School (Long Beach, CA)
California tournaments recaps
IT IS June 6th and the 2017 ARIZONA FUTURE CLUB BASKETBALL SEASON has started. Right now we are having TRYOUTS for ALL AGES groups for ARIZONA FUTURE teams 9U- 17U, we do have several teams looking to complete their rosters. OUR GIRLS PROGRAM (ALL AGES) IS ONE OF THE BEST IN THE STATE.
Call now to set up a tryout 480-575-5653.
The Arizona Future has a year round program of working on basketball fundamentals, lots of scrimmages, tournaments, conditioning, speed training, weight lifting and just teaching an overall understanding of the game of basketball. If you are wanting more then all your friends that play club basketball, the Arizona Future Basketball Club is the place for you.
Please call coach Ron Bender and find out more information.
ages 6– 23. Each season teams are selected based on an open tryout,therefore all potential candidates are invited. The foundation of the program is a commitment to teaching fundamental basketball skill development and knowledge of the game. With a talented, experienced, and dedicated roster of volunteer coaches, the Arizona Future will enhance your basketball experience and love for the game in an environment of positive reinforcement and fun. The Arizona Future is a 501(c)3 Non Profit organization that gives the Arizona youth a chance to play club basketball and develop their game all the way through High School and into College.
MARCHEM MAYHEM 14U CHAMPS: ARIZONA FUTURE-GENERALS
Arizona Future - Gold win first AAU tournament of 2006-2007 season
Arizona Future team goes to Hawaii and brings back a World Championship
Our team represented Arizona well going 5-1 on the week and winning the Boys Junior Championship against a much older Island Heat team. We played against teams from all over including Guam. Most of the time we played teams that had taller, stronger and older boys and we elevated our game to compete and eventually beat them. Congratulations to Drew Bender, AJ Navarrette, Justin Dombrowski, AJ Hess, Greg Carter, Will Barfield, Nolan Bidese & Abel Navarrette on a great team effort in Hawaii.
Yes, this is a TRUE 2007 National World Championship for the Arizona Future.
* Attention WYBT Alumni players and coaches!
Please let us know WYBT alumni who are playing NCAA ball.
WYBT Alumni NBA
SOME of WYBT's NCAA ALUMNI INCLUDE:
- Nick Grant - Fairfax Stars/Boys 14U - Drake University, IA
- Mario Chalmers - Alaska Tarheels/Boys 14U - Kansas
- Jarrett Jack - Maryland Stallions/Boys JV - Georgia Tech
- Kelly Nye - Kentucky/Girls HS - JSU Gamecocks - Alabama
- Erica Pollock - Capitol Comets/Girls HS - St. Joseph's University
- Samatha Williams - Capitol Comets/Girls Junior HS - Central Connecticut
- Charetta Oliver - Capitol Comets/Girls Junior HS - Florida A&M
- Chris Prince - Maryland Stallions/Boys JV - Radford
- Derrick Low - Iolani High School/Boys Varsity - Washington State
- Brad Anderson - Iolani High School/Boys Varsity - Santa Clara
- Cord Anderson - Iolani High School/Boys Varsity - Santa Clara
- Julian Sensley - Puna Pistons/Boys Varsity - University of Hawaii
- Chris Devine - Alaska Tarheels/Boys 14U - UC Santa Barbara
- Beau Green - Kentucky/Boys Varsity - Stamford University
- Tremaine Davis - Pittsburg Pirates/Boys Varsity - San Diego State University
- Andrew Bogut - Southern Sabres, Australia, Boys JV, University of Utah & Player on the 2004 Australian Olympic Team
- Clint Gulley - San Francisco Smart Set Boys/Boys Varsity - Southern Idaho
- Donte Sawyer - San Francisco Smart Set/Boys Varsity - Southern Idaho
- Amanda White - Carolina Storm/Girls HS - Clemson
- Chris Adams - San Francisco Smart Set/Boys Varsity - Fresno State
- Jason Hill - San Francisco Smart Set/Boys Varsity - Washington State
- Marquis Kately - San Francisco Smart Set/Boys Varsity - California
- Tiffany McKneely - San Francisco Smart Set/Girls HS - San Jose St.
- Brett Ruben - San Francisco Smart Set/Boys Varsity - University of San Francisco
- Michael Travis - San Francisco Smart Set/Boys Varsity - Jackson St.
- Katie Cummings - DC IV/Girls HS - Wichita State
- Shaun Green - Utah Magic/Boys 13-14 - University of Utah
- Sam Wilhoite - Windward Stars/Boys 13-14 - McLennan Community College
- Brayden Bell - Utah Magics/Boys 13-14 - Ohio State University
- Joe Darger - Utah Magic/Boys 13-14 - UNLV
- Dwight Howard - Atlanta Celtics/Boys Varsity - Orlando Magic (#1 Overall Pick, 2004 NBA Draft)
- Josh Smith - Atlanta Celtics/Boys Varsity - Atlanta Hawks (17th Pick, 2004 NBA Draft)
- J.R. Smith - Playaz Basketball Club/Boys Varsity - New Orleans Hornets (18th Pick, 2004 NBA Draft)
- Bobby Nash - Individual Player/Boys Varsity - University of Hawaii
- Eric Tuftee - Assumption High School/Boys Varsity - St. Ambrose, Iowa
- Anthony Schumacher - Assumption High School - Loras College, Iowa
- Dwayne Day II - Atlanta Celtics/Boys Varsity - South Carolina
- Michael Walker - Atlanta Celtics/Boys Varsity - Western Kentucky
- Boubacar Coly - Atlanta Celtics/Boys Varsity - Xavier
- Joseph Dyson - Playaz Basketball Club/Boys JV - Albany NY
- Courtney Nelson - Playaz Basketball Club/Boys JV - Richmond
- Cedric Jackson - Playaz Basketball Club/Boys JV - St. Johns University
- David McClure - Playaz Basketball Club/Boys JV - Duke
- Taj Finger - Playaz Basketball Club/Boys JV - Stanford
- Darryl Watkins - Playaz Basketball Club/Boys Varsity - Syracuse
- Terrence Roberts - Playaz Basketball Club/Boys Varsity - Syracuse
- Sean Banks - Playaz Basketball Club/Boys Varsity - Memphis
- Alex Galindo - Playaz Basketball Club/Boys Varsity - UTEP
- William Sheridan - Playaz Basketball Club/Boys Varsity - Villanova
- Randolph Morris - Atlanta Celtics/Boys Varsity - Kentucky
- Luis Brookings - Silver Springs Wizards/Boys 15-16 - Maryland Eastern
- Mike Creppy - Silver Springs Wizards/Boys 15-16 - Coppin State, MD
- Javaris Crittenton - Atlanta Celtics/Boys Varsity - Georgia Tech
- Juwan Carter - Playaz Basketball Club/Boys JV - St. Joseph's
- Jared Ursua - Kona Tigers/Boys JV - Southern Utah
- Greg Stiemsma - Fox Valley Skillz/Boys Varsity - University of Wisconsin
- Shae McNamara - Fox Valley Skillz/Boys Varsity - Marist College
- Cordero Barkley - Fox Valley Skillz/Boys Varsity - University of Wisconsin - Green Bay
- Brad Ferstenou - Fox Valley Skillz/Boys Varsity - University of Wisconsin - Parkside
- Kyle Clark - Fox Valley Skillz/Boys Varsity - University of Wisconsin - Parkside
- LaVontay Fenderson - Fox Valley Skillz/Boys Varsity - University of Wisconsin - Parkside
- Harry Boyce - Fox Valley Skillz/Boys Varsity - University of Wisconsin - Parkside
- Chris DeMarco - Fox Valley Skillz/Boys Varsity - Hillsdale College (Michigan)
- Rob Springborn - Fox Valley Skillz/Boys Varsity - Michigan Tech
- Steve Klass - Fox Valley Skillz/Boys Varsity - University of Minnesota - Duluth
- DaMarcus Bell - Fox Valley Skillz/Boys Varsity - Odessa Junior College (Texas)
- Justin Redman-Trotter - Fox Valley Skillz/Boys Varsity - North Iowa Area Community College
- Hina Kimitete - Stingrays/Girls Varsity - College of the Canyons
- Tory Guillermo - Stingrays/Girls Varsity - Linfield College
- Jessica Hanato - Stingrays/Girls Varsity - Linfield College
Pu'uhonua o Honaunau
National Historic Park
"Place of Refuge", Big Island
(20 minute drive south of Kona.)
Arizona Future's #1 fan
AZ Future National Team has good showing in Las Vegas
AZ Future-Gold win 5th ABL League Championship
AZ Future- Gold played Friday night with a full squad and took care of old friends in beating the Broncos. Saturday they played against the AZ Future-Platinum and it was a tight game at halftime 32-22 as both teams played with only 5 players. In the second half the Gold pulled away won the game advancing to the finals. The AZ Future-Platinum had a very impressive season finishing in 3rd place overall. In the Finals the AZ Future-Gold played the Wildcats and it was close early, but then the team kicked it up a notch and ran out to a 66-33 win. The team was led in scoring by Diego Magana who was named tournament MVP. Congratulations to Diego, Drew, AJ, Jordan, Justin and teammates not in picture Brian, Luke & Nathan on a great season.
Happy Holidays to all our families and see you in January.
Future SWAT & All-City Capture ABL Championships
Arizona Future- ALL CITY 12U win 2nd Consecutive GCSG Championship
This was a true team effort. Congrats go out to AJ Navarrette, Greg Carter, Drew Bender, Gaven DeFilippo, Justin Dombrowski, Jovan Sargent, Andy Raynak, John Raynak, and William Barfield. Honors also go out to the coaching staff of Fred Navarrette and Greg Carter, Sr for keeping the boys focused and motivated under such challenging circumstances. The team now qualifies for the GCSG Nationals at a future time and location....ANOTHER TOURNAMENT CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!!!!!!
10U ARIZONA FUTURE-NEW SCHOOL WIN THE AUGUST 16TH
EXCEL SUMMER SLAM BASH 2013 THEY TOOK THEIR
CHAMPIONSHIP PICTURE IN A "NO LOOK POSE"
15U ARIZONA FUTURE-LEGENDS WIN THE AUGUST 16TH
EXCEL SUMMER SLAM BASH TOURNAMENT
THE FULL TEAM IS NOT PICTURED AS THEY HAD TO BE SPLIT UP DUE TO THE
FACT THAT THE 14U ARIZONA FUTURE-GENERALS WERE ALSO IN A
CHAMPIONSHIP THE EXACT SAME TIME IN A DIFFERENT GYM.
CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE AZ FUTURE TEAMS FOR A STRONG SHOWING
LAST WEEKEND IN THE 9U, 10U, 11U, 13U, 14U & 15U DIVISIONS.
Arizona Future National Team Dominates in Santa Barbara, CA
Arizona Future 12U make strong showing in Cali
AJ, Jordan, Gaven, Drew, Jack, Greg & Matt.