Work Ethics from the Pros
Check out the self-motivation of these players.
- Diana Taurasi
- Kobe Bryant
- Serena Williams
- Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, Wayne Gretzky
- Kerri Walsh
- Deion Sanders
- Holly Holm
- Jerry Rice
- Lisa Leslie
- Steph Curry - from good to great
Quotes to keep you going...
“Working hard becomes a habit, a serious kind of fun. You get self-satisfaction from pushing your self to the limit, knowing that all the effort is going to pay off.” ~ Mary Lou Retton
“Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle.” ~ Abraham Lincoln
"Everyone talks about age, but it's not about age. It's about work ethic. Winning never gets old." - Lisa Leslie
"I really don't care about scoring as long as we win, ... That's all that gets us going is winning. It doesn't matter how many points you score. If you have a 'W,' you did your job." - Diana Taurasi
"Everyone's dream can come true if you just stick to it and work hard." - Serena Williams
“Make sure you live in the moment and work your butt off every single day, and I hope I inspire people all around the world to just be themselves, be humble, and be grateful for all the blessings in your life.” - Steph Curry
The importance of sports...
NBA - The Art of Footwork
There are a couple of travels in the mix... and some "wrong-foot" lay-ups... but look at the pivots, jab-steps, and pump fakes... all used to create space.
Steph Curry - Success is Not an Accident
Attitude. Belief. Commitment.
Effort. Attitude. Teamwork.
Get Perfect Shooting Form!
Start and stay in close...
A great way to warm up before practice.
Steph Curry: Actions Speak Louder than Words
Never Give Up
Fundamentals - Highlights of a pro player - Stephen Curry
This is the highlight video for Stephen Curry in his team's game 3 playoff win against the rockets. These are really team highlights...
Things to watch:
- Moving without the ball = getting to the open spot, making passing easier for his teammates
- Looking up while dribbling = ball handling skills = crossovers
- Not giving up the dribble = dribbling out of trouble or finding the open man
- Passing up the court = transition
- Blocking out and getting the rebound against a much taller player = easy put-backs
- Going up strong = getting the foul call
- Finishing with the left = using the weaker hand to get to the basket
- Shooting form - balanced, proper footwork, follow-through
- Assists, assists, and more assists = easy shots later
- Jumping the pass = attacking passing lanes to get the steal
- Using the screen (pick) off the dribble = getting to the basket
- Back door cutting = easy lay-ups
- Pump fakes = getting open looks at the basket
- Quick passes = getting teammates involved
- Defense! = shows he cares
- Attacking the rim, attacking the defense = putting them on their heels
- Hustle, hustle, hustle - but doesn't rush
- Teammates = setting screens, running the floor, playing help defense, pick-n-roll
This is all from just ONE game!